chewable vitamins

Options
murphyraven
murphyraven Posts: 163 Member
My first attempt at chewable vitamins from unjury was a flop. They are gigantic, chalky and overly fake flavored. the calcium ones are worse since you have to take 4! for the daily amount.

I prefer either gummy or starburst type consistency vitamins. I usually take pills but I don't know if I will have issues with them after swallowing so I am trying to find something reasonably palatable.

Sometimes I get just the generic gummy vitamins at Target but I don't know if those would be good enough after surgery. Speak to me of your chewable supplements. What do you take, did you have to change vitamins after surgery?

Thanks!

Replies

• Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Vitafusion gummies. 2 calcium gummies per day, 4 vitamin gummies per day and 2 fiber gummies per day. taste like gummy bears. available at sams club and Walmart. sams club also has a very reasonably tasty chewable little biotin 5000 I think simply right is the brand. my nutrition labs are always perfect. after a month I restarted my prescription E Z Fe iron caps 3 times a week
  • tompkinsw
    tompkinsw Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    My doctor told me 2 Flintstones Complete a day; they don't taste bad at all, so I'm happy to take them!
  • GraceByMySide
    GraceByMySide Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I got those, too!! Thought taking one would be easier, but I end up cutting them in half. They made me throw up before I had the surgery, so I was afraid to try them again for a while, afterwards!! I can't really find any I like, either... sad
    My first attempt at chewable vitamins from unjury was a flop. They are gigantic, chalky and overly fake flavored. the calcium ones are worse since you have to take 4! for the daily amount.
  • authorwriter
    authorwriter Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Check out Bariatric Advantage - bariatricadvantage.com

They have a set of chewables that are really tasty. I use their crystals right now, but am thinking of switching off to the chewables for next month's order. I confess, they taste kind of like cake, not like candy. That may be my interest. They also have a chewable calcium, but I don't know what that tastes like.
  • ve7jne
    ve7jne Posts: 10
    Options
    Centrum chewable vitamins for adults--fruit flavooured and work well. Kind of like chewing disappearing gum.
  • priceless97
    priceless97 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm still on the chewables by celebrate. They're all yucky to me.
  • Wendykay2012
    Options
    My doc prescribed some NASTY compound liquid vitamins that are sublingual. Anyone have those?
  • joyhibbz
    joyhibbz Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I had the century chewable vitamins and I had a really hard time taking them most days I didn't. At my 3 mth post op appt I was told I could take normal vitamins no more chewables and that is what I did so I now have no problem taking my vitamin everyday! :)
  • BringingSherriBack
    BringingSherriBack Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Centrum chewable vitamins for adults--fruit flavooured and work well. Kind of like chewing disappearing gum.

This is what I take too. My nutritionist okayed them and they don't taste bad at all. Much better than the ones I was buying from my surgeon's office (they made me ill). And much less expensive too. They are around $10 for 100 (take 2 a day - one in morning and one at night).

My blood tests are always great so I must be getting everything I need from them.