Check In June 21

Options
Good Morning, I don't see where this has been started so at the risk of having two threads going, here I go.

I had a good day yesterday. I didn't eat compulsively (except) the pizza at lunch. (wasn't planned) I had NO SUGAR, which right now is HUGE for me. : )

I also spent some time in the pool swimming and just enjoying it, being grateful for the opportunity to take care of myself.

Hubby's in Scotland golfing the next nine days so I'm (as much as possible) taking a break from taking care of everyone else. (dad's under hospice care, mom turns 82 next week) and practicing some self care.

Going to work on my food plan for today and continue with yesterday's mini challenge drinking lots of water.

Have a great day everyone!!

Replies

• KarenZen
    KarenZen Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Mac, thanks for getting us started today. Sounds like you are getting a much needed break--enjoy!

I'm feeling like crap today--combo of some kind of sinus thing, Still's flare, and sore joints from overdoing yesterday. I have a huge list of stuff that needs doing and no energy to do it.

I'm trying to come up with something optimistic to write, but the best I can do is that my awesome sinus drainage will probably keep me from eating too much junk.

Karen
  • Macrelmar
    Macrelmar Posts: 49
    Options
    Sorry about your sinus stuff and you feeling so lousy! As far as writing something awesome, you get a pass, let's us know you're human. (You can't be awesome everyday! ) giggles feel better...
    Maryellen in Florida
  • PatrickB_87
    PatrickB_87 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Need to take a shower, go to the farmers market and preparer myself mentally for a trip to another car dealer. Perhaps this time I wont feel like taking a drill to my head, and perhaps this time they will have a car with a working truck that wont need to be propped open by a stick (if i'm going to buy a hill billy car I better get hill billy prices).

I think it's time for a chocolate muffin, sorry no sugar carb people.
  • KarenZen
    Options
    Rat, have you thought about going new or gently used. I bought a Subaru outback last fall, a couple of years old, still under warrantee. I couldn't touch them new, but the gently used are Subaru certified. Awesome car, especially for a Maine winter.

If you're looking for a beater, a used Ford focus is surprisingly cheap and roomy.
  • KarenZen
    Options
    So hubs and I head out the door earlier to run some errands and I wind up sobbing in the car. Has nothing to do with him--I'm still in a flare (which is like having the flu/strep throat) and joints are on fire this morning. God love him, he took my list of chores away and said I need to go float on the lake until I feel better.

I usually just push through, so I didn't realize that for almost three weeks, as I'm trying to reduce my prednisone dose, I've been getting sicker and sicker. I haven't been to the gym at all, am sleeping 12-14 hours and just want to eat carbs and sugar. Sometimes it takes a crying jag as a wakeup call. So--back to frigging 30mg of pred and taking the weekend to recover a bit.

Hope everyone is enjoying their Saturday!
    K.
  • angelic843
    angelic843 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,

Had a binge yesterday. Worse part is I don't really know what brought it on...my only guess is that I waited too long to eat dinner and just went nuts.

I did my best to log it all as closely as I could remember...

Scale was up this morning...probably mostly sodium...but still very disappointing.

BUT! Today is a new day.

Karen, sorry to hear you are not feeling well. Sinuses are the worst. I often struggle with sinus issues as well. And to have other pain on top of that...geesh.
  • angelic843
    Options
    Ratpat, Let us know how you make out in your car search...my car went belly up a few months back and I'm still Paying ON IT!! ugh!

When it is paid off in October I suppose Ill have to look for one...but for now, while I'm still paying on the broken one I can put off the frustration of searching.

Angie
  • artelyn
    artelyn Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Karen sorry you aren't feeling well. Rest and take your time to get better. The errands and chores aren't going anywhere. (Unless Hubby does them ALL for you! :) Here's hoping!) Feel better.

Rat, You have to remember that "the customer is always right". I am going to pat myself on the back here but I am a fierce car buyer because I am not afraid to tell them EXACTLY what I want and what I am willing to pay. And I don't waiver at all. And I am not afraid to say to them "if you can't get me what I want for the price I want, I will walk out the door. Don't **** around with me". Also, do homework. Go in with Kelly Blue book numbers... go in with other dealers adds... if they think they can push you around they will. If they know that you will walk they will usually do a lot to get you in a car. Good luck!

Angie, that sucks to be paying on a car you can't use. Good for you to log the binge and even better to know that today is a fresh start! Good job!

Hubs and I spent 3 hours today putting together a gazebo for out by the pool. The good news is neither one of us threatened to divorce the other during the process!! He isn't the most patient and he admits that. But we did good today. And it looks awesome. Now how do I log that as calories burned? haha!

Going to go out swimming with the kids. Have a great day!
  • angelic843
    Options
    Wish I had a pool at my house...it's a 25-30 minute drive to both of my potential swimming locations.
  • KarenZen
    Options
    Wish I had a pool at my house...it's a 25-30 minute drive to both of my potential swimming locations.

Angie, That's what I'm stuck with Sept.-June. But for two glorious months, I get to fall into the lake in front of my house! Water is still cold right now. Our night temp last night was 46!

Sorry to hear about your binge. I understand those urges and how hard it is to control them! Better luck today.
    K.
  • PatrickB_87
    PatrickB_87 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Oh don't worry i've been doing my research and searching for six months. I only buy used, and had no issue walking away from the car yesterday after 40min of negotiating. To bad for him, the price wasn't bad but since he didn't take the trunk issue seriously I had no desire to continue. Will go test drive another one today, if i can get the price down to a better number then I might be coming home with a car, or a disappointing trip to farm country.
  • blondageh
    blondageh Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Just got back from a long birthday party at a local Pizza/ game place here. Got there and baby girl who is usually ok missing nap shut down and went whiney and wanted to be held and promptly fell asleep. An hour and a half later she wakes up and wants to play games. So I end up eating a salad and I was bad and had one small piece of pizza while waiting just because it was there and I was getting kind of pissed we paid 30 for a buffet and no one is going to eat. So we play games and finally I make her at some Mac and cheese before she can play more she does, we finish, 3 hrs later, 95 degrees, we are heading home and boom, she throws up all over the back seat. Poor v baby girl. This **** week continues. She just got over being sick. Ugh. Now I know why she was so tired. I still smell like puke. Jesus take the wheel.
    Karen. I hope you are feeling better. I'm still having girls night if Jocee doesn't get worse. Sometimes you just need to hand it off to the men's and say see Ya for your own sanity.
  • mikesgirl4evr
    mikesgirl4evr Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Hi all, hope everyone is enjoying their Saturday.

Mac, great job on the no sugar. That's a real hard one for me at times. Also, fantastic job on learning to take care of yourself. That's a real hard one too.

Karen, so sorry to hear that you are feeling so crappy. Hope that relaxing in the lake gives you some relief.

Pat, hope you are having better luck today with car shopping. That is one job that I hate to do.

Angie, great job on logging the binge and then moving on. It took me forever to get to the point where I could say "that's in the past...I can't change it....move on and start over." I still struggle at times but am getting better. Glad you are not letting it get in your way and tripping you up.

Dianna (i think, artelyn), I can so relate to your working with your husband on the gazebo. Working with my mom is completely impossible and we always end up fighting. So nice that you were able to get it together so you can now enjoy it together.

Today was the pool party over at the big pool in the complex. It was nice to get out of the house and just relax. Didn't do any swimming, too many little kids in the pool. I prefer to swim in the little pool on our side of the complex. I got to see some people I haven't seen in a while so it was nice catching up. They had food but I was very careful in what I chose to eat and logged everything. Almost blew the no bread challenge but caught myself at the last second and took the turkey off the bread and ate it. Cody has been with his grandma since yesterday afternoon and won't be back till late tonight. That always gives me a little bit of a break. I actually got to sleep in a little this morning. Felt good. Well, looks like we have some rain headed this way so I better get outside and get those pork steaks done on the grill before it gets here. Check back in on you all later.
  • NorahCait
    NorahCait Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon/evening all.

I went to see Jersey Boys with a friend of mine around lunch time and the concession stand called to us. Oof. Then, I had to go grocery shopping, and they were giving away samples of delicious things. Double oof. Now, Ben and I are cooking something to bring to a "Thanksgiving in July" game night. Triple oof. Between the shopping, the movie, and game night, I'm not going to get much exercise in today, either. it's stressing me out a bit, but it's going to be OK. Meep.

Karen, I hope you feel better soon! Pat, good luck with the car today.
  • mikesgirl4evr
    mikesgirl4evr Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Heather, sorry baby girl still isn't feeling better. Sounds like you need that girls' night out. Hopefully she won't get any worse and you can hand the reigns over to hubby and let him take care of things for a while.
  • angelic843
    Options
    Today has been pretty successful...I am back in control diet-wise and have been working hard to get my water in and chase that nasty sodium away.

Ratpat, any advice for a first-time used car buyer? I know nothing about cars so I have always bought new...but I am tired of being in debt so I would like to buy used this next time.

Angie