Check In June 22, 2014

Options
KarenZen
KarenZen Posts: 1,430 Member
Hey gang,
Lazy Sunday here as I nurse this sinus thing and get high on Dayquil, LOL. Food will be easy today--nothing like a good cold to make everything taste bad.

All is well, though. Hubs is doing chores, my sister will arrive tomorrow for a two week visit, and school's out so I have neighbor kids to play with.

Karen

Replies

• PatrickB_87
    PatrickB_87 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Hi Karen, hope you feel better soon.

Well I finely did it and purchased a car. It was a full day experience and not one I hope to repeat any time soon (not that my bank account could take it) but it was nice to walk out and have them come after me. Everyone gave something and thats how a negotiation works. I did enjoy the tactic of making you sit for long periods of time by yourself, they underestimate how patiently I can wait in silence.

I'm just glad its over, six months was far too long.
  • whatsallthisthen
    whatsallthisthen Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Feel absolutely terrible after a binge last night. Hating myself a bit. (4600 cal day)

Eating so much your stomach hurts and it doesn't even taste good just to keep going. Jesus what is wrong with me.

Business trip next week has me super stressed, but I'm disappointed in myself for not using something, anything, else to calm myself down.

Everything feels terrible today.
  • KarenZen
    Options
    Feel absolutely terrible after a binge last night. Hating myself a bit. (4600 cal day)

Eating so much your stomach hurts and it doesn't even taste good just to keep going. Jesus what is wrong with me.

Business trip next week has me super stressed, but I'm disappointed in myself for not using something, anything, else to calm myself down.

Everything feels terrible today.

Hey, what's wrong with you is that you use food as a coping mechanism. Guess what? Me too! And I think everyone else in this morbidly obese group.

You get to move past this, let it go, stop berating yourself, because learning NOT to use food is a process and it takes time and you'll slip up now and then. Just get back up on the horse.

Giddyup.
  • KarenZen
    Options
    Rat, congrats! What kind of car did you get?
  • PatrickB_87
    PatrickB_87 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    2010 Hyundai Elantra with low millage and one precious owner with good service records.
  • KarenZen
    Options
    2010 Hyundai Elantra with low millage and one precious owner with good service records.

Yay! Sounds like a smart choice!
    We're making car payments again for the first time in four years, and I hate it. After my bariatric surgery when I drop a lot of weight, I'm going to trade in my Outback for something smaller and cheaper. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this car but won't need such a big car to cart my smaller butt around.

K.
  • KarenZen
    Options
    Pretty quiet in here today.

I know it sounds whacked, but I am sooooo happy to have a head cold today! I have no appetite at all, so eating light is a breeze. The other bizarre thing is that when I get sick, my Still's flares stop and a lot of my joint pain goes away. Basically, Still's is caused by my immune system operating on overdrive, so when I actually am sick, my immune system has something to do. The complicated part is that I take immunosuppressive drugs, so a head cold can turn into pneumonia pretty quickly.

I needed a break from the flares--Hurrah!!! I also needed a jumpstart back to my controlled eating. Between this and my colon blow and scope Wednesday & Thursday, weigh in should be good this week. Bwahahahahaaa. ... yes, it's like that line from The Devil Wears Prada... "I'm only one good stomach virus away from my goal weight."

So what are you all doing today?
    K.
  • KarenZen
    Options
    Here's a link for ladies with size 7 feet.http://m.onestopplus.com/clothing/Kayleigh-widecalf-sidebuckle-boot-by-Comfortviewandreg.aspx?PfId=180941&DeptId=9572&ProductTypeId=1&ppos=1&prefine=

Hope it works. I keep my eyes on the boot clearance at one stop plus, and right now these gorgeous wide calf boots are on clearance. Originally 124.99, now 26.99. Sadly, only available in size 7 and 7 1/2 med and wide. Too small for my big feet. Four colors to choose from.

Hey Rat (and any other men out there), if you go onestopplus.com and look at clearance or the outlet, you can pick up some GREAT deals on men's clothing from King Size Direct. Like $4.99 for a pair of flat front chinos. Good transition clothing as you're losing weight.
  • Macrelmar
    Macrelmar Posts: 49
    Options
    I feel your pain, honestly I do. Feeling demoralized because I ate compulsively to the point of feeling sick, then eating more! I could never understand how I could function in every other area in my life, but when it came down to food, I had no control. That for me was the answer. I had to admit powerlessness. Message me any time you'd like to chat. If you can, just "do the next right thing" :-)

Maryellen in florida
  • Macrelmar
    Macrelmar Posts: 49
    Options
    I am home sulking. I'm a mom and a grandma and got into it with my son & daughter in law. This was a big one. (Doesn't take much for my son) I don't know that this is a "safe place" to share, but I'm doing it anyhow.

My hearts broken and I just wanna crawl In a hole & die. Sounds dramatic, but my 36 year old son can have the maturity of a 14 year old, and he has a Short fuse. I know I have to step back, all I can do is "keep my side of the street clean" but my grandson is involved....gets complicated.

So, today I'm taking a pass on activity. I am eating cleanly though, that's PROGRESS for me. Before the evenings over, I may get on the elliptical or go for a swim. I know that's the right thing to do...that and pray. Turn it over, do the next right thing! Lol

Self "pep talk" happening here.

Karen, I've never been sick to the point of not wanting to eat, even when I'm vomiting. That in itself is sick. Definite eating disorder were talking about here. Stuff those feelings with food so I don't have to feel them.

My journey has been good, a year and a half working a 12 step program has helped me to realize why I eat and how I can get through life without medicating with food.

I'm rambling, sorry guys...
  • julieworley376
    julieworley376 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Ramble all you like. I was just saying to my friend this morning, when they are small they break your arms, when they are big they break your heart. Certainly that's been the case with mine down the years, we have had more than a few arguments and even a spell my son didn't talk to me. Yes it hurts, but I have found the best thing to do is remain calm and let them know you love them no matter what and your door is always open.

On bingeing, I have been terrible these last few days.. self sabotage? My big decision? Who knows. The important thing is to put it behind me and carry on. I MUST.

Rat congrats on your car, I had a Sonata.. they are really fun to drive.

Karen.. for gods sake get better soon.. never got high on Dayquil.. lucky you! LOL
  • blondageh
    blondageh Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I pretty much just woke up from going to sleep at 3am Sunday morning... I am at work now Monday morning and I think I am still a little bit asleep, or it really feels like it. I have not slept that much in a long long long time. Can't even begin to track the massive amounts of wine and food. I think I may have tried to track the wine..? I think I tracked 3 bottles. EEK. On the positibe side, I got two bags full of clothes from my friend. She was cleaning out her closet. Such cute things too.

Congrats on the Car Pat! Karen, I hope your cold is better but that the Stills stays away.