Geeky Pet Peeves

GeekdGirl
GeekdGirl Posts: 218 Member
When people refer to Doctor Who as Dr. Who... :tongue:

Replies

• Mustgetbuff
    Mustgetbuff Posts: 267 Member
    When my PS3 controller dies in the middle of a boss fight.
  • RavenhairedWoman
    RavenhairedWoman Posts: 661 Member
    When people refer to The Doctor as "Dr. Who" like his name is "Who" instead of "The Doctor".

When people wear a pair of glasses and say things such as "OMG! I am like such a geek now!"
  • Grendel07
    Grendel07 Posts: 112 Member
    omg! YES!! He isnt "Doctor Who" ... he IS the Doctor! haahah
  • GeekdGirl
    GeekdGirl Posts: 218 Member
    omg! YES!! He isnt "Doctor Who" ... he IS the Doctor! haahah

Exactly! lol

20017_zps437b059b.gif
  • mabbzie
    mabbzie Posts: 161 Member
    When people refer to The Doctor as "Dr. Who" like his name is "Who" instead of "The Doctor".

I may of accidently done this in the past >.>
    I blame my short attention span and not stopping to think about what it implies
    I know better now
  • RavenhairedWoman

I may of accidently done this in the past >.>
    I blame my short attention span and not stopping to think about what it implies
    I know better now

Hey, you learned better and that is the important part :). I have no qualms with people who are trying to learn. ^_^
  • Nimue108
    Nimue108 Posts: 110 Member
    When people assume that because you are a geek you are a geek about EVERYTHING. I like Star Trek, but I am NOT a Trekkie. I like anime, but I haven't seen EVERY ONE, etc.
  • CookieEmporium
    CookieEmporium Posts: 74 Member
    When people are surprised that almost 100% of my interests/hobbies are geeky because I don't "look" like a geek. AND THEN they say, "oh, did you just start liking these things because you have BOYS?" AAAAAAAAARRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!! :angry:

Phew, sorry, felt good to get that off my chest. :wink: :heart:
  • RavenhairedWoman
    When people are surprised that almost 100% of my interests/hobbies are geeky because I don't "look" like a geek. AND THEN they say, "oh, did you just start liking these things because you have BOYS?" AAAAAAAAARRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!! :angry:

Ha! I totally get that all the time! The whole "oh you don't look like a geek.." Um.. Why would you even say that? Maybe because your thinking is so segmented that you can't process things beyond a high school level cliché of "geek".
  • tayloryay
    tayloryay Posts: 378 Member
    Heard mostly online (obviously), but after expressing interest in something someone will say, "Wow, you like ____??? And you're a girl?!?!?" Yes, *kitten*. -_- And then they wonder why there are "no geeky girls". 'Cause they're avoiding your obnoxious *kitten*! Or we don't say we're a girl because in the past doing so resulted in a ton of harassment.

Oh, another huge one for me is people who leave their cursor over a video while it's playing!! My husband does that all the time, it drives me nuts!!
  • cm2owl
    cm2owl Posts: 38 Member

Amen, sister!!
  • cm2owl
    cm2owl Posts: 38 Member

I completely get it. I've always loved the things I love. I just got lucky that my kids all geek out with me too. PS all three have their own geek interests and I love them for it!
  • thecolorteale
    thecolorteale Posts: 8 Member
    Oh, another huge one for me is people who leave their cursor over a video while it's playing!! My husband does that all the time, it drives me nuts!!

Me too!!!! And my husband does it as well!! It's like "I really can't enjoy this GoT teaser with a big white arrow in the middle of everyone's faces..."

Mine is when guys at Game Stop always look at me and talk to me like I must be lost or be in need of their help. I'm all good thanks.

Or when my husband gets picked for every freakin beta test he signs up for while I get nothing...sexist video game companies
  • ChrissyC1985
    ChrissyC1985 Posts: 406 Member
    Fake geekiness. it drives me insane! pretending to be something you're not for the sake of fashion or whatever, 'educating' people on comic book stories and getting it horrendously wrong and misinforming people. seen so much of both of these lately. For instance, i got to see Captain America yesterday and it was AMAZING! I won't spoil anything but will happily tell you that Chris Evans is insanely hot and brilliant, as he should be, Scarlett Johansson is a total badass and fantastic. we left the screen and heard someone giving his mates background but telling it all wrong, clearly doesn't know what he was talking about.

I got a snapchat picture from an old work colleague and she was wearing a Marvel t-shirt. this was sent to me because I am a big comic book film geek, it enraged me however as I know she doesn't like superhero films let alone the comics and bought it purely on the 'fashion' credit of the top. makes me sad.

had to get this off my chest. sorry. rant over!
  • timetravelforfitness
    timetravelforfitness Posts: 242 Member

Yes, yes. I hate when the paper does this!
  • Laerai
    Laerai Posts: 495 Member
    When people refer to Link as Zelda.
  • sithmuffin
    sithmuffin Posts: 88 Member
    I'm still not overly the head turning that happens when I (or any other female for that matter) walks into a comic book store. Can people please just stop playing into the stereotypical "Big Bang Theory" mentality?
  • sithmuffin
    *over, not overly
  • Grendel07
    Grendel07 Posts: 112 Member
    I'm still not overly the head turning that happens when I (or any other female for that matter) walks into a comic book store. Can people please just stop playing into the stereotypical "Big Bang Theory" mentality?

lolllll i did this yesterday with my husband. We went into a comic book store TOGETHER because we both like geeky stuff; I was looking for a particular comic book and I kept getting stared at and asked if i needed help. haha
  • sithmuffin
    That's another peeve of mine, the asking if we need help; I mean sure sometimes it's because they are just genuinely asking if we are finding things ok but for the most part it always comes across as condescending, as if girls have no idea what to do in that sort of a shop.

I work at the mall and once on break i ventured into a game store. they have card games, board games, rpgs, that sort of thing, but also some toys and random other things. They had some cool Star Wars candy holders, like little statues of characters holding bowls.
    I thought they were neat so i started looking at them and the guy at the counter started telling me the names of the characters, as if I didn't know! Bothered me to know end. I mean I probably wouldn't have been interested if I didn't know who they were right?