Side Quest: Enclave Basic Training (Phase Two)

Options
daybehavior
daybehavior Posts: 1,319 Member
This quest is designed to introduce you to Wasteland Exploration and Simplified Combat.

Enclave Basic Training (Phase Two)
Difficulty: Easy
Target: Find the missing Plasma Caster.
Combat Mode: Simplified

As you're walking by the Armory, you hear Quartermaster Rob Martin whisper and beckon over to you.

< Quartermaster Rob Martin >
"I'm in a bit of trouble. I was doing inventory and it turns out I'm missing a valuable Plasma Caster. The Overseer wants my report soon and he's gonna have my head if it doesn't turn up. The last person who checked out the Caster was Private First Class Matthew McCandliss. I've tried to find him, but the little *kitten* has been very slippery and I don't have time to search the entire outpost for him. Could you do me a solid and find him for me and ask him about the Caster?"

< removed requirement for finding Matt >

< Private First Class Matt McCandliss >
"Yeah...whaddya want? Oh...that. Well umm its kind of a blur. I had a wild night with Megumi Hamasaki. Whew! She was all over me...but could you really blame her? ... Whatever, anyway we got a little drunk and somehow ended up at [Wilhelm's Wharf] for a little beachside romance. Next thing I know we get jumped by a mob of Mirelurks. I totally owned them but then a group of those Talon Company Merc douches started approaching so we took off and I must've dropped the Caster somewhere along the way."

Quest Objectives
-(required): Travel to Wilhelm's Wharf and search for the missing Plasma Caster
-(optional): Speak with Private Megumi Hamasaki
-When you have finished traveling to Wilhelm's Wharf, post which locations you stopped to explore (if any), if you chose to speak with Pvt Hamasaki and then return to Quartermaster Martin.

In order to travel to Wilhelm's Wharf, you must travel through the following towns or landmarks*:

[Hero's Enclave] -- [Super Duper Mart] -- [Silverdale] -- [Lake Harverstill] -- [Flooded Metro Station] -- [Wilhelm's Wharf]

*Each leg of your trip requires a different exercise to be completed as follows: (ex: going from the Hero's Enclave to the Super Duper Mart counts as a "leg", going from Super Duper Mart to Silverdale counts as another and so on)
Leg 1 - 25 jumping jacks
Leg 2 - 25 curl ups
Leg 3 - 15 squats
Leg 4 - 15 lunges
Leg 5 - 5 minutes of virtual jump rope.

Additionally, you may choose to stop and explore any of the map locations with the risk of encountering enemies or finding items.

Simplified Combat
In this competition, there are two modes of combat: Simplified and Advanced. For the purposes of this quest we are using simplified combat. Simplified combat relies primarily on the weapon you are carrying. Armor and accessories you have will have very little impact if any.

Let's say you have the Laser Pistol (+3 DMG) this simply means that any exercise you are required to perform when encountering any enemy is reduced by three. For Example: if you encounter a Radscorpion and have to do 10 push-ups, this requirement is reduced by three.

Quest Rewards
-100XP
-50silver
-Uncommon+ Pistol [Pew-Pew!]: +2 DMG, Chance to hit target twice OR Uncommon+ Uniform [Enclave Private's Uniform]: 3 DT +1 LCK

Replies

• JunonSailorStyle
    JunonSailorStyle Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Do I have to do part one first?

I'll start with exercises just in case :-D
  • daybehavior
    Options
    No you don't. But its a pretty easy quest and you get a weapon as a reward.
    I'm not sure how long you'll be up but I'll be back soon. Still need a few things to take care of, Petey.
  • JimmySewell
    Options
    Is it all 5 exercises per "leg?"
    so like to go from [Hero's Enclave] -- [Super Duper Mart} you have to do all 5
    then from [Super Duper Mart} -- [Silverdale] you do all 5 again?
    or just leg one from [Hero's Enclave] -- [Super Duper Mart} then leg 2 to go from [Super Duper Mart} -- [Silverdale] etc etc
  • daybehavior
    Options
    Nope, one exercise per leg, right down the list. Your last example is correct :D
  • JimmySewell
    Options
    In order:
    1. Spoke with Private Megumi Hamasaki
    2. Traveled to Wilhelm's Wharf completing each "Leg" along the way and stopping to explore each location.
    3. Returned to speak with Quartermaster Martin
  • daybehavior
    Options
    Well done Jimmy!

Let's see what the results are (outcomes are determined by Random Number Generator)

[Super Duper Mart] You find -- consumable item [Jet] Increases your experience gains for the week (additively) by 0.5x (25% addiction chance) and consumable item [Sugar Bombs] +5 Action Points (used for exploring dungeons) !

[Silverdale] You encounter a Raider :O 15 squats required.

[Lake Harverstill] Nothing transpires....

[Flooded Metro Station]: You find Uncommon head gear [Pre-War Fedora]: +1 DT, +1 LCK

[Wilhelm's Wharf]: You encounter a Talon Company Merc :O 15 Push ups required.

You chose to speak to Megumi:
    < Private Megumi Hamasaki >
    "He said what?!?! He lost that Laser Caster because he was too busy throwing up in the Potomac.
    And for the record, I've never let him near my goodies! I'll teach him a thing or two, that wolf!" Megumi marches off to find Matt.

Matt: Hey, how's my little sweetheart?
    Megumi: *Megumi knees McCandliss in the groin, twists his arm behind his back,
    and slams him into the ground*
    Matt: (crumples to the ground and groans). Can't..feel..arm...
    Megumi: We're done *leans down and kisses him on the cheek before kicking him in the stomach*
    Matt: Shoulda..known better...than to date...daughter of karate instructor.

xD Critical Attack on PFC McCandliss!
    :O PFC McCandliss is Unconscious!

"Jimmy was it? Thanks. Ugh, boys are so lame. You guys are all the same, even though you like to pretend you're not. I was really starting to like him too. I'm sure you're a perverted, lying jerk as well but I guess I owe you for exposing Matt's true colors."

Received [A Favor From Megumi]: Megumi will automatically complete a quest for you, with full benefits!

Quest Complete

Please choose reward
    -Uncommon+ Pistol [Pew-Pew!]: +2 DMG, Chance to hit target twice
    -Uncommon+ Uniform [Enclave Private's Uniform]: 3 DT +1 LCK
  • JimmySewell
    Options
    I choose -Uncommon+ Uniform [Enclave Private's Uniform]: 3 DT +1 LCK

Combat done:
    15 squats
    15 pushups
  • JunonSailorStyle
    Options
    I did the exercises last night but I did them again today cuz I'm 1337 like that 8^)

Checking all locations.
  • daybehavior
    Options
    Alright, Petey P. Let's roll RNG

[Super Duper Mart] Nothing transpires...

[Silverdale] You encounter a Raider :O 15 squats required.

[Lake Harverstill] You encounter a Mirelurk :O You must plank for 60 seconds.

[Flooded Metro Station]: You find Uncommon+ weapon: [Rusty Steel Pipe]: +2 DMG. Chance to hit nearby enemies.

[Wilhelm's Wharf]: You encounter a Talon Company Merc :O 15 Push ups required.

Sorry :(
  • JunonSailorStyle
    Options
    *sneaks up the Overseer and hits him over the head with [Rusty Steel Pipe]*

I forgot to mention I want [A Sexual Favor from Megumi] too.
  • bomftdrum
    bomftdrum Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Here is what I did. I swung by and spoke with Private Megumi Hamasaki . She was pretty cool in a scary kick your *kitten* kind of way. I did then went on ahead and traveled to Wilhelm's Wharf. While completing each leg of the journey, I stopped and did a little soul searching and explore those areas a little bit. I then came back and spoke with Quartermaster Martin. If I get to choose then I will pick uncommon+pistol.
  • honesthearts
    Options
    Good Job, Brian! Nice role playing touch there, buddy. The Overseer has some business to attend to in Raven Rock so his second-in-command is taking over for a bit :-)

>> Initiating RNG

[Super Duper Mart] - You find [Jet] and [Sugar Bombs].

[Silverdale] - You find uncommon+ uniform [Boomer's Jumpsuit]: +2 DT, +1 INT

[Lake Harverstill] - You find [Stimpak]

[Flooded Metro Station] - You find Uncommon head gear [Pre-War Fedora] +1 DT, +1 LCK

[Wilhelm's Wharf] - You encounter a Super Mutant! 15 push-ups + 15 curl ups required!

---

"Brian was it? Thanks. Ugh, boys are so lame. You guys are all the same, even though you like to pretend you're not. I was really starting to like him too. I'm sure you're a perverted, lying jerk as well but I guess I owe you for exposing Matt's true colors."

Received [A Favor From Megumi]: Megumi will automatically complete a quest for you, with full benefits!

Quest Complete
    Reward
    -100XP
    -50silver
  • honesthearts
    Options
    I'm sorry Peter but as the Overseer's unquestioning servant, I'm afraid I'll have to throw you into the Deathclaw Pit for that...

:O Peter Petrelli has died
    xP Good work, man. Choose your reward!
  • bomftdrum
    bomftdrum Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I slayed the Super Mutant. 15 curl ups + 15 push ups completed.

Honorary Overseer Edit: Good work :-)
  • nicca_jb
    nicca_jb Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    1. Spoke with Pvt. Hamasaki. She was quick to snort a bit of laughter about what Matt... uh... insinuated, and share a roll of the eyes. Directed me to [Super Duper Mart] for some provisions and gave some tips on where to look around afterward.
    2. Made it to [Super Duper Mart] and snagged what I could from the shelves.
    3. Pockets a little fuller, headed in the direction of [Silverdale] to find some clue about the Caster.

----
    ☢Overseer Edit☢: Good deal Layla! Not sure if you're aware but you can simply just head over to the wharf. No need to search for extra clues ^_-
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Okay so I had a little chat just between us girls with Private Megumi Hamasaki (complete with the obligatory eye rolling and snickering about how Matt's "Plasma Caster" is notorious for going off early in combat.. if you know what I mean hehe >:D ) then proceeded on to Wilhelm's Wharf, along the way I explored all locations. Afterwards I returned to Quartermaster Martin. ^^

----
    Overseer Edit☢: LMAO! Yes, I can say from experience Matt is a quick draw ^_^ Mark will be rolling your RNG later today, babe.
    .Honorary Overseer Edit: :-D
  • nicca_jb
    Options
    ☢Overseer Edit☢: Good deal Layla! Not sure if you're aware but you can simply just head over to the wharf. No need to search for extra clues ^_-

Totally aware - I'm just a completionist :wink:
  • nicca_jb
    Options
    4. In [Silverdale], tried questioning some locals and got a lot of silence and some suspicious looks from a bunch of grunts. One individual pointed me towards [Lake Harverstill].
    5. Hiked to the lake, which seemed to have recently flooded... damn rain. Tromped through the squishy mud to find a trail of runoff leading to a [Flooded Metro Station]. Yech, standing water reeks. Fortunately it was only ankle-deep.
    6. Holding my nose, looked around the station, still finding no Caster. Instead, found a homeless man half-sleeping on a bench. He told me that yes, the Metro used to go to the Wharf about 2 miles northeast, but I'd have to hoof it since the trains hadn't run in some time.
    7. Arrived at [Wilhelm's Wharf] a little muddy, but no worse for wear.
    8. Returned to Quartermaster Martin.

---
    .Honorary Overseer Edit: wow very nice :-D
  • honesthearts
    Options
    @ REINA
    >> Initiating RNG

[Silverdale] - Nothing transpires :-(

[Lake Harverstill] - You encounter a Mirelurk! 60s of planking required!

[Flooded Metro Station] - Uncommon+ weapon: [Rusty Steel Pipe]: +2 DMG. Chance to hit nearby enemies.

[Wilhelm's Wharf] - You encounter a Talon Company Merc! 15 Push Ups required!
    ---

"Reina was it? Thanks. Ugh, boys are so lame. They're all the same, even though they like to pretend you're not. I was really starting to like him too. I guess I owe you for exposing Matt's true colors."

Quest Complete
    Choose Reward
    OR
  • honesthearts
    Options
    @ LAYLA
    >> Initiating RNG

[Silverdale] - You find Uncommon+ uniform [Boomer's Jumpsuit]: +2 DT, +1 INT

[Lake Harverstill] - You encounter a Mirelurk! 60s of planking required!

[Flooded Metro Station] - Nothing transpires :-(

[Wilhelm's Wharf] - You encounter a Super Mutant! 15 Push Ups required + 15 Curl Ups required!
    ---

"Layla was it? Thanks. Ugh, boys are so lame. They're all the same, even though they like to pretend you're not. I was really starting to like him too. I guess I owe you for exposing Matt's true colors."

Quest Complete
    Choose Reward
    OR