Ground/Pureed Food Recipies

Options
MCunliffe
MCunliffe Posts: 29 Member
I am starting this thread as a place we can collectively contribute recipes that we have found and or created that helped get us through this stage. The more the better for us all!!

Replies

• MCunliffe
    Options
    Could someone please post the web address for the site that has recipes such as the ricotta pie one?
  • MCunliffe
    Options
    I found it!! Wow she has a great Blog, I have now meet my HERO!!!! Here is the page of her blog that talks about pureed food recipes. http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2007/08/pureed-foods.html be sure to also check out the rest of her page she has so many great ideas!!
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I found it!! Wow she has a great Blog, I have now meet my HERO!!!! Here is the page of her blog that talks about pureed food recipes. http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2007/08/pureed-foods.html be sure to also check out the rest of her page she has so many great ideas!!

Michelle's blog is the best. I have made many of her recipes. I am a huge fan of all the muffins and almost always have a few in the fridge. The protein ice creams are to die for also.
  • pixied12
    pixied12 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am going to have my surgery on Jan. 14, 2013. It's Gastric Bypass (Roux-en-Y). I'm excited, but a little trepidatious I guess. I know it'll help me and my parents have gone through the same surgery so I've got the support at home. Even my boyfriend supports me and my son too. My question is: How did the surgery effect you? Did it make your health better? Your life?
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I am going to have my surgery on Jan. 14, 2013. It's Gastric Bypass (Roux-en-Y). I'm excited, but a little trepidatious I guess. I know it'll help me and my parents have gone through the same surgery so I've got the support at home. Even my boyfriend supports me and my son too. My question is: How did the surgery effect you? Did it make your health better? Your life?

Excited for you! Yes...it made a huge difference. It saved my life. I no longer take any medication for blood pressure, neuropathic pain or cholesterol. My insulin use has dropped from over 200units per day with no control to a more normal 35ish units per day with excellent control. I would do it again without a doubt.
  • pixied12
    Options
    Thank you! My parents had the surgery too and they are doing great with it. It's because of their weight loss results that I'm doing this. I've tried everything, Weight Watchers etc. Nothing worked. I know what to expect because I watched my parents, so I'm getting things ready now. I'm makeing and canning applesauce, stocking up on my broths, liquid vitamins, I drink protien. Yeah, I'm getting things ready earlier than my parents did.
  • pixied12
    Options
    Thank you. I need some ideas to make the pureed food taste better because when I made it for my parents, it sucked big time.
  • pixied12
    Options
    I am starting this thread as a place we can collectively contribute recipes that we have found and or created that helped get us through this stage. The more the better for us all!!
    Good, because when my parents went through Gastric Bypass, I would make them nasty tasting pureed food. So now that I will be going through it, I'll need some reciepes.
  • pixied12
    Options
    How does it taste to you?
  • pixied12
    Options
    It tasted ok, but I also know that some of my taste buds might change too. That happened with my Dad.
  • CHC94
    CHC94 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    For the pureed foods, I hit the baby food aisle of the market. I found some good Gerber foods - whole wheat pasta & veggies, chicken & mashed potatoes, applesauce, etc. My mom loves to prepare my meals, so I am trying my best to make it easy for her when I'm post-op.

I think the portion size will be about right too. I tried eating just one for dinner to practice pre-surgery and it didn't work. I was hungry 20 mins. later.

I'm also drinking a LOT of water. I have 'ladies' room radar" now.
  • kbear621
    kbear621 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Crab Salad

Grey Poupon - Mustard - Country Dijon, 1 tsp

Smart Balance - Light Mayonnaise Dressing, 2 TBS (15g)

Diced White Crab meat - 1 can

Salt and pepper (or garlic powder) to taste

I dump this all in my Magic Bullet and blend it up...2 tbls is 49 calories and 5 grams of protien! This and hummus are saving my life during the pureed food diet!
  • itsmebirdie
    itsmebirdie Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am still on puree/soft food on week 5 post-up there are many things I am not allowed yet but instead of using mayo for my tuna, lunch meat, chicken and turkey breakfast patties I use a tablespoon or two in the puree it adds extra protein and since they still have me on 1/4 cup to 1/3 cup it is easier to get my protein in I cannot tolerate the protein shakes so I have had to find ways to get my protein in without eating all day, I also make my own soups and try to get as much protein in there I can cooked beans with some meat
  • itsmebirdie
    itsmebirdie Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have some recipes I have made up if anyone is interested you may befriend me and I think you could go through my recipes or if interested I can send to you some recipes everything I make is organic and homemade