**Birthday - Mini Challenge - June 24 - 29th**

Options
blondageh
blondageh Posts: 923 Member
Ok, I am going for an easy, but VERY important one. I think a lot of us seem to be suffering lately from extra bloat etc. I know I am an I am not getting my water in the last couple of days at all. So, this week's challenge is going to be to get our water in. I am going to say 100 ounces!! Unless you weigh 200 or less. Yes, if you want to get technical, any liquids can count if you have trouble. Flavored water, tea is fine. But really push yourself and try to get that water in. 3 Liters a day. I buy liter bottles and just fill them. That is almost 34 oz so do that 3 times and you hit your goal.

Happy Drinking! Flush those toxins out.

Reminder, anyone can do a mini.

Add your name to the mini challenge if you want. We will still do drawings, we are just behind.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16bRcDN5w_kDcBSHmsn-FGCR62hhYOq-M1cAEygBSP1k/edit#gid=2118029201

Replies

• artelyn
    artelyn Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Here's to lots of peeing! :laugh:
  • NorahCait
    NorahCait Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I am SO in! I've been pretty good about water while I'm at work, but I slip on the weekends. I go out places and don't bring my water bottle, I drink other things (ahem, I'm looking at you, Sunday night Guinness), and I'm just not as aware in general. I recently bought a new 1L water bottle so it's easy enough for me to keep track of how much I drink. Bonus: the weigh-in for my work's Biggest Loser competition is Thursday and I want do as much as I can to get rid of excess water weight. I've been blowing my sodium for the past few days and I definitely need that extra water!
  • KarenZen
    KarenZen Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    I may have trouble with this one because of Thursday's colonoscopy/ endoscopy but will definitely try. I drink a lot of water--at least 64 ounces--but never really track it, so this challenge will help me with recording and accountability. Still such an issue (says the woman with incomplete food diary pages).

Have you all tried Mio? I usually drink plain water, but Mio is such a nice treat. You can squirt in as little or as much as you like, no calories, easy to carry in your purse. I'm drinking some acai berry right now. It does make me crave a bit, so I have to be careful, but I'm super sensitive to sweeteners so not everyone will have that issue.

Karen
  • PatrickB_87
    PatrickB_87 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    No problem. I'm suppose to be drinking roughly double that anyway. Given my weight and the 2/3ed rule. Dint forget your suppose to add on 12oz for every 30min of exercise.
  • kaliya89
    kaliya89 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely in! I was doing so well with water when I first started tracking (this time), drinking at least 80 oz a day, usually more. For the past week or so, I haven't really been keeping up with it. This will help keep me on target!

I have a 40 oz bottle sitting next to me, and I've already had 24 oz. Off to a good start!
  • blondageh
    Options
    Ok, given that people seem excited about this one.. I will go ahead and be the prize giver.. I have a good one in mind.. So don't forget to sign up.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I've been struggling with my water for weeks, so I'll give this a go, but may or may not make it tonight... Already most of my water drinking day is gone, and I've barely had any... :(
  • mikesgirl4evr
    mikesgirl4evr Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Definitly in on this one!!! My personal goal is actually higher than the 100 ounces but I will most certainly work on getting at the bare minimum 100 ounces.
  • blondageh
    Options
    I got 134 in yesterday and surprisingly woke up thirsty. Like parched. Today and tomorrow Are going to be a challenge because we are in a conference at a hotel but I'm.going.to try to sneak water in and.hope.they don't think I'm going.to smoke when I'm really going to pee.
  • melissasue0317
    melissasue0317 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    WOW is the only thing I can say to this challenge. :) Love it and my bladder is going crazy. I was able to get in just over 100 yesterday but today is looking much better. I will have to hydrate a lot during day tomorrow since I am off of work and the hubs and kids are going to a baseball game. $2 concessions could cause some havoc on me but will be worth a little bit of fun.
  • blondageh
    Options
    I did good today despite the conference. A little hard to measure but I did drink two pitchers of ice water at the table. I was the water *kitten*. Not my fault no one else was drinking any. I didn't seem to have to run to the ladies room much tho. That worries me I didn't get enough in. Drank more when I got home just in case and skipped happy hour. I really wanted to go but am still hurting from last weekend.
  • artelyn
    Options
    I feel like Kramer in "the Contest" or whatever it was called on Seinfeld but....

I'm out! :grumble:

Horrible day yesterday and I don't even think I got my normal 8.

Good luck to the rest of you!
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    Artelyn, I'm in that boat with you. I was out the first day... Anyway, I've given up on challenges for now and am challenging myself, more or less. My give a damn is busted, so challenges right now just push me farther in to that corner of who cares... So, avoiding that trigger for now... Hope those still fighting the good fight are winning!
  • artelyn
    Options
    Carly, sorry that you are feeling so down. But yet, glad you can see that the challenges are pushing you in a different direction than they are intended for. Wish I could give you a big hug. Keep plugging away. It will come around again. Don't give up completely and ruin what you have accomplished. HUGS!! :flowerforyou:

Diana
  • blondageh
    Options
    I will say I usually do good When challenged but other than this one, have failed miserably so far. I took that diet personality quiz and it told me to stay away from competitions. Now I'm wondering. I don't even want to weigh in my own bday challenge tomorrow. But I will! Don't quit, commit! Its my new motto!
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    Which diet personality quiz? I'd like to know if something actually knew me well enough to figure that one out. I know personally that the more I try to force myself to do something, the more my internal rebellious subconscious pulls back her redneck self and says, "Oh, hell no!" I have to stack my head with good ideas, good research, and good support and then let the rest occur organically. If I push, my inner me pushes back. If I try to be determined, my inner me sits her fat butt on the couch. So I know this about myself, but I can't break it.

Heather - just because one thing gets you down, don't let it put you off your challenge. Think of all the awesome karmic momentum flowing your way by everyone else you have challenged or inspired with your challenges. If nothing else, this should be "bathing" you in some good mental ju-ju. Even if you aren't were you want to be by the scale, by gods, it is still your damned birthday, you are better than you were the day before, and you have earned that celebration.

For me, instead of losing more by mine (the 13th), I'm just planning not to go back over 250. I bumped calories up to maintenance, and I'm doing some other forms of exercise, so we'll just see how it goes. I'm not giving up, no matter how much I want to in any given moment, because heavens to Betsy, this is not how I want to live the rest of my life. It may take me 20 times longer than anyone else, but I will be healthier than I was, stronger than I was, and better that I was...

Artelyn, I hadn't thought about the the fact that recognizing the trigger of the challenges for me being kind of a NSV, but don't they say that knowing is half the battle?

All: I'm okay. I'm really moody and down on myself lately, but it won't last. So please don't worry about me too much... I have to get the negativity out somewhere, and I feel like I fit in here more than anywhere else, so unfortunately, y'all hear it more...sigh. Thanks for listening. I plan on trying to do some more soul searching soon, so hopefully, I'll have something more upbeat soon!
  • blondageh
    Options
    WE DID IT!!! Well, I hope y'all made it and I hope you noticed a nice change from it. I know I always feel better when I am hydrated. I am going to do my best to keep this up! I want you ALL to go to the mini challenge tab and if you completed it, please mark an X. I will be doing a drawing for a prize this afternoon so I am going to be sending messages to everyone who is signed up for it to please mark an X if completed by 2PM today.

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: