Any of the WODs open/reg/games any year

Options
FWMagicMike
FWMagicMike Posts: 113 Member
We did the 11.2 as a benchmark for a little in house challenge out gym is having. The coaches created teams and this was one of our workout.

11.2 workout

9 deadliifts at 155#
12 push-ups chest to floor
15 box jumps 24" high

15 minute AMRAP

First time doing it I got 11+25 on May 17th

Today did it with 12 + 25

How did you do with any of your crossfit games WODs...

Replies

• ahemming1
    ahemming1 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    We do some of them. I love the CF Box I go to...I think they have some of the best programming!

Today we did 2007 Games Hopper Workout...

1000 meter row...then
    5 rds
    25 pull-ups
    7 push press 135/95

I won't even mention my time. My hands ripped on round 3, so round 4 and 5 pullups were as slow as they come! I was traveling for 2 weeks and only worked out in hotel gyms, so my hands were kind of soft. :( But, I did RX!
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    Our box did all the 2014 open workouts every Friday. Everyone had to do them as prescribed and if you couldn't do a movement, you were done. I remember I did better than anticipated on 14.1 (snatches & Du's), 14.2 I had a nervous breakdown (OHS & Chest to Bar) because I was having probs with OHS due to a wrist injury & can't do CTB and it was my only DNF since starting CF, week 3 deadlifts & box jumps I flat killed it for being so new to CF, week 4 I was sick and didn't go, and week 5 burpees and thrusters I did very well in comparison to the rest of my box. I really have problems with gymnastic movements. I'm struggling with the idea of losing weight to be better at them because I like where I am weight-wise for powerlifting and am starting to compete in that. In general, I like open workouts because they are shorter and heavier than general physical fitness programming.
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Our box did all the 2014 open workouts every Friday. Everyone had to do them as prescribed and if you couldn't do a movement, you were done. I remember I did better than anticipated on 14.1 (snatches & Du's), 14.2 I had a nervous breakdown (OHS & Chest to Bar) because I was having probs with OHS due to a wrist injury & can't do CTB and it was my only DNF since starting CF, week 3 deadlifts & box jumps I flat killed it for being so new to CF, week 4 I was sick and didn't go, and week 5 burpees and thrusters I did very well in comparison to the rest of my box. I really have problems with gymnastic movements. I'm struggling with the idea of losing weight to be better at them because I like where I am weight-wise for powerlifting and am starting to compete in that. In general, I like open workouts because they are shorter and heavier than general physical fitness programming.

Same here. For a few things that meant getting 10 reps but I at least attempted every workout RX.

I can't do T2B so I just did knee hangs and finished it that way just to get in a good workout.

That last one I did on my own and I think it took me 40+ minutes. When I started I honestly wasn't sure I could do that many thrusters. After round 2 (which I think meant you were nearly halfway done) I realized I could finish and picked up the pace a bit. Did 9-6-3 pretty much unbroken just going as hard as I could.

Unless you plan on competing I wouldn't worry about losing weight. I'm going to because I still have a belly to get rid of, but if you are happy with the way you look I'd stick to that plan. If that means it takes longer to finish some WODs, oh well.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    I am competing statewide and I plan to do the open in 2016 in master's, hence the weight loss issue. I think there are several of us at the box who are going to start following Outlaw instead of regular programming.