Weird and gross question

Options
Hello! I had my sleeve done last wens. I am feeling fine and able to drink my liquids now the only exception is liquid in, liquid out. It seems that I have a lot of diarrhea. I have had it since saturday. Yesterday I went 6 times. Its not alot, most is gas, but it still comes out. Is this normal?

Replies

• Thaeda
    Thaeda Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Not weird, not gross, and yes, normal.
  • lp1968
    lp1968 Posts: 8
    Options
    See and I had my sleeve Monday 6/16 and I wish I was going more! I have a LOT of gas and have only gone once!
  • cutty805
    cutty805 Posts: 54
    Options
    It's all normal! Constipation, gas diarrhea all normal the first couple weeks, don't worry it gets better!
  • 2BeHappy2
    2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I have asked this same question and this is the 1st time I have seen a different answer!
    I have only heard people talk about being constipated but Not diarrhea.
    I didn't see how anyone wasn't w/ ALL the liquids and soft foods...I would think more would!
  • DJRonnieLINY
    DJRonnieLINY Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Great news for you - means the pipes are all connected right and there are no leaks!!!
  • SimplySusan63
    SimplySusan63 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I had a lot of constipation. The nutritionist told me that with the sever reduction in calories my body was holding on to everything. Great! That's one thing I didn't need to hold on to. But everything is moving well now.
  • stepholl
    stepholl Posts: 15
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Considering this is day 4 of it and it hasnt eased up, I am going to go a few more days and if it doesnt, call my doctor. It seems instant. LIke i drink something and within 30 minutes im going to the bathroom.
  • N8Look79
    N8Look79 Posts: 3
    Options
    Just a thought, are you using milk products? I heard a lot of people become lactose intolerant post-op. I was before surgery and what you described sounds like lactose intolerance.