Options
GFreg
GFreg Posts: 404
After seeing numerous posts on RavenHairedWoman's profile and seeing many of you commenting, I have decided it was time to start watching. I knew I would like the show but I was always so daunted by how many seasons of old episodes there were. I didn't realize that they basically re-launched the series, so that is now where I have started out. I watched 3 episodes last night and I think I'm hooked. I might not be reading topics here a lot until I am caught up to avoid spoilers, but I just wanted to say hi. Feel free to send a friend request if you would like.

Greg

Replies

• verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Hi, welcome to our world !

Hope you enjoy the DW world as much as we do ....... just not so much that you forget to come up for air every so often ...... or eat ..... or bathe ! I had to make a deal with myself ...... I can't watch any DW until my cardio, weights, yoga, or whatever is done for the day.

Have fun :drinker:
    212019156 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    You don't really need to watch classic Doctor Who to watch the new stuff. Both the old and new series are on Hulu+ if interested.

There are so many seasons in the old series that it would be pretty daunting to watch it all. Plus in my opinion some of the really old ones (pre-Tom Baker) just don't hold up very well. That is just my opinion though.
  • RavenhairedWoman
    RavenhairedWoman Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Just so you all know, I claim credit for convincing GFreg to start watching "New Who". He is my convert so add him to my tally (^_^).
  • CrusherKun
    CrusherKun Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I have yet to watch classic who myself - on account that there are some really old episodes not even in existence anymore due to no proper licensed copies that are in good condition of the very first ones (at least from when I tried to watch the first doctor series).

Welcome to the fandom my friend! Now get out your Sonic, 3D glasses, Fez, and start knitting an obnoxiously long scarf - you are in for the long haul!

CK
  • theoncomingstorm6464
    theoncomingstorm6464 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Welcome
  • DoctahJenn
    DoctahJenn Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    One of Us! One of Us!

XD Just joking. Sort of.

WEcKdhk.jpg

I'm sort of MIA right now, due to selling a house and moving and all that military-life nonsense, but feel free to FR me. :) I'm a massive Whovian.
  • GFreg
    GFreg Posts: 404
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome everyone! Yeah, I think I'm already hooked. I need a sonic screwdriver. That would be so convenient.