Schedules?

Options
LuckyNumbers
LuckyNumbers Posts: 208 Member
What sorts of schedules are you all setting up to fit everything in during the day? I realize that with my kiddo being only 4 1/2 weeks old, having a schedule is a bit of a pipe dream, but for any of you who have got it down, thought about it, or have kids who are a little older, what worked for you?

I am working from home, but would like to also be able to: (1) exercise, (2) shower!, (3) do about an hour of chores around the house, (4) hang out with and feed the kid, and (5) get in a solid four hours of work during the day (maybe an hour at a time?).

Replies

• amylynna1
    amylynna1 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I only have one child my 4 week old son. Finding time to work out has clean has been difficult. So far the thing that works is walking with my son early mornings as he sleeps after his first feeding and I get in some exercise. The other nap times I try to clean or when my husband comes home I catch up.

When baby does not sleep nothing gets done.

I recommend early morning walks or workouts as it seems to be the most quiet time for my son.
  • anniejeanb
    Options
    My LO naps from about 8am-10am every day, so I think that will be the magic hour for me to squeeze in a workout, in addition to showering. We also have a nap from 12pm-2pm so that will have to be my cleanup time, even though I prefer to do that in the morning.

However today, I am tired, I do nothing :)
  • draculaspointer
    draculaspointer Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I don't have a schedule yet and doubt one will be established before I go back to work...

Currently, I am up around 430-5 for feeding. Then LO sleeps for about 2-3 hours. Sometimes I nap and sometimes I just sit around knowing I should be doing something lol. After that it's basically feed every 2-3 hours, play for an hour or so until LO is tired, then get her down and wait. I watch tv, read, or clean depending on how lazy I feel. Husband gets home at 330 so I shower, wash bottles, cook dinner, then we walk at 7 for 3 miles. Then it's bath time, bottle, and bed (ideally lol).

When I go back to work I will have 45 minutes at lunch to workout in addition to our walks. Most cleaning will move to weekends like it used to be. And hopefully by then she will sleep longer than 2-3 hours at a time lol.
  • Melanie529
    Melanie529 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    This is a typical day, but changes a little when we do activities like story time, the zoo, or the local museum with my older two. Times vary slightly, and weekends are totally different!

I get up and shower first thing unless I am going to the gym that day. This is either before the kids are up around 6:30/6:45, or when maybe my oldest or oldest two are up. I shower before DH leaves so he can help out the kiddos if they need it. I turn on a cartoon for them to watch (something educational) when I shower too. After that I get the two oldest some milk (and usually my two-year old asks for a banana) make myself breakfast and coffee while they finish their cartoon.

Baby wakes up to nurse around 7:00-7:30. After he nurses I make the oldest two breakfast and then play with baby while they eat. He goes down for a nap then around 8:30-9:00. While he naps I get the older two dressed, hang out with them some, empty the dishwasher and do some light cleaning. He wakes up to nurse again around 10:00. After he nurses we get dressed and head to the gym on gym days, otherwise we are home and might play outside some, go for a walk, or run errands.

Lunch around 12:30. Baby nurses again around 1:00. I put oldest two down for a nap at 1:30 and baby at 2:00. I usually use this time to clean, catch up on laundry, read, do Pilates, etc. Sometimes my oldest does not nap, and that gives me some time to spend with him.

Everyone is usually up around 3:30. Baby nurses again around this time/4:00. I let the older two watch a cartoon because it helps them transition to being fully awake. They usually have a snack and then we might play outside if it's nice, or they play together/independently while I spend some time with baby.

Dinner is usually at 6:00/6:30. Baby nurses again around 7:00 or so and goes to bed. Oldest two are in bed between 7:30 and 8:00.