Check in June 26 and a message to ALL members

Options
julieworley376
julieworley376 Posts: 444 Member
Good morning!

I want to take a few minutes this morning to thank all the members for being so freaking amazing and really pushing this group forward. There has been so much going on for me that my participation has been scarce of late. One of my colleagues at work quit meaning I had to step up and do her job as well as keep up with my own, we just got a new member of staff Monday and Tuesday the other colleague also quit. It's a crazy time. And financial issues. I have a job interview myself on Friday morning for a job I believe I would love.

Diet wise I have been totally useless, I know it is a reaction to all the stress and I need to pull myself together and with this wonderful group of people I know I will.

So this morning members I am so grateful for YOU, what are you doing today?

Replies

• NorahCait
    NorahCait Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Good morning, Julie!

I'm terribly sorry things at work have been chaotic. That sounds incredibly stressful. Good luck on your interview! You'll get back on track with the diet and everything soon enough. You've got to be sane to be healthy, so taking one stressor off your plate might be a good thing for the meantime.

Today, I'm giving myself a bit of a break. I'm still going to log everything, but I'm not going to stress about my macros or staying under my calories. I was so busy yesterday that I didn't eat much. I need to start keeping some snacks with me so I can at least get something in if I'm not home until 9. A baggie of almonds won't take up much room and I'm sure that'll help if I have another day like yesterday.

There is something I'm REALLY excited about today -- I'm going to see Avenue Q at the theater where my friend works! Her mom (also a good friend of mine, actually) is picking me up after work and we're heading out to the theater. Once we're out of the city and suburbs, it's a nice drive through some country, which always reminds me of Wisconsin where I grew up. I've heard so much about this musical and I can't wait to see it! My poor fiance is jealous -- he's had the original cast recording for years and years, but hasn't actually had a chance to see it live. If it's a good production, maybe I'll buy tickets for another performance and surprise him.

I hope you all have wonderful days today!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Morning. I've been residing in wacky-ville myself. I bumped my calories up to maintenance until we have some actual food back in the house, but I'm still not tracking. I haven't had anywhere even near 8 cups of water in what feels like forever. I haven't exercised much of any at all (I did walk and do a little in the weight room last night), but I don't care. It's like my "give a damn" is busted or my meter is full or something.

Anyway, trying to stay okay in my head...who knows if I'm succeeding. Doing a lot of mental work, trying to find the deep-seated key or keys/triggers to things...

Miss everyone,
    Hugs,
    Carly, resident in Wacky-Ville, Oklahoma, Meth capital of Oklahoma (this one is for reals, though I have never seen the craziness myself - I have seen those I know without a doubt have "partaken."
  • catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Sorry Julie about your work problems and staff leaving. Certainly puts a huge burden on those that are left...then it sort of sets a pattern of more people wanting to leave. I wish you all the best on your job interview!! Fingers crossed!!!

My day went fast and furious at work. Getting ready to leave for 'home' in AZ on Monday...can't wait!!! Trying to get my steps in but today, I am cleaning furiously to ensure the person who catsits for me will be ok coming in to my place without a mountain of cat fur to climb over! lol Wishing you all a great day!!!
  • kaliya89
    kaliya89 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Julie - Sorry to hear work has been so hectic. Definitely keeping my fingers crossed for your interview Friday!

Norah - I love Avenue Q! I came across it by accident a couple years ago when Googling "What to do with a BA in English," and we got a chance to see it soon after that. I can relate to so many of those songs. Now I'll probably have to listen to them again today. :)

Carly - I've been having a hard time caring about things, too. I did great with the water challenge the first day, but that's the only day in the past week or so that I did. I've mostly been tracking, but I haven't been trying to stay under at all. I've made cookies almost every day this week - usually only eating 4, as the recipe only makes like 8, but still. Unnecessary. And I haven't exercised in over a week.

I have a feeling the rest of this week isn't going to be the greatest. It's that TOM, and the cramps are horrible. Usually they're only bad the first day, but it's now day two, and I'm finding it hard to concentrate. My birthday's Sunday. My boyfriend leaves for two weeks July 2. I have food planned for this week that's mostly healthy, and I think I'm going to use the time my boyfriend's away to really focus on eating better, but we'll see.

Kali in GA
  • KaelaLee88
    KaelaLee88 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Ah, good luck for your interview Julie! I hope that you get it, especially as you would love it and your current jobs sounds very stressful and hectic. You must be feeling totally overloaded :(

Thank you for encouraging and forming such a great group of people who can all help each-other by coming together :)

It's a tough old fight this weight-loss game, but there's strength in numbers :)

Kaela x
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Why is it that we almost can't take/make time for ourselves? I got down to the gym last night, but only because my guy picked up an unexpected shift... Why can't I drag him with me or walk away when I need to?
  • cekennon
    cekennon Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Good Luck ont he interview! - My counsleo said something to em when I was telling her how hard I am struggling with keeping to a healthy eating plan and that due to recent stress I am all over the place..."You learned how to nuture yourself with sugar and food, you have to find another way to nutrue yourself"

Sounds great - but with what? - What would make me feel as good and what would taste as good? - But I do like that I CAN find something else - just have to figure it out
  • IlluminatedMayhem
    Options
    For the first time in a long time, I put myself first. I have an abscess and instead of hoping it clears on its own I went and got it checked out. Thankfully it doesn't need drained at the moment and I'm on 2 different antibiotics. Apparently even a localized infection like this one can cause the rundown feeling I've had these past few days.

Afterward, Hubby and I spent the day playing with the girls. Then Hubby made a half birthday dinner of barbeque chicken breast, mashed potatoes and green beans for baby girl. We do baby led weaning so she's going to start eating what we eat. She loves food so Hubby and I will be extra careful as she grows to help her develop healthy eating habits and a good relationship with food. We're having brownies for dessert so I made sure I saved enough calories.

All in all the day turned out far better than I expected.
  • BodyByChipsAhoy
    BodyByChipsAhoy Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I've not been around much since I started my new job 2 weeks ago. I'm doing okay...I love the job. Food wise, I've gained back a couple pounds and I've not been logging. But this week I've been eating really well. Lots of salads and lean meat, and next to no evening snacking. If I can keep it up, I might actually see a loss for the first time in a month.

Becky in Florida
  • KarenZen
    KarenZen Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Quick check in to say, tadah! Endoscopy and colonoscopy are DONE! My last hurdle before bariatric surgery.

Food has been good, haha--nothing but broth and sf popsicles for 48 hours. And I'm pretty sure I pooped out Jimmy Hoffa and ten pounds during "the cleanse".

Hugs to all--keep on truckin, gang. We have thinner lives to lead.
    K.
  • Macrelmar
    Macrelmar Posts: 49
    Options
    Hi guys, it's pretty late so I don't know if anyone will even read this. Had a rough day. Talking with and making arrangements with hospice dr to see my dad tomorrow. My 82 yo mom was in the ER today. Parents failing health is really hard on me right now.

My fridge broke down, had to empty and throw out all my food, EVERYTHING

I ate an entire box of sugar free chocolate pudding for dinner, at 9:00 pm. Should be good for an early morning headache tomorrow.

I'm just full of joy today. :-)

Leaving my house tomorrow early, and and follow up stuff from today's drama. Not too happy about it. But I'll try to check in earlier tomorrow and be more positive..

Maryellen in Fl
  • catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, it's pretty late so I don't know if anyone will even read this. Had a rough day. Talking with and making arrangements with hospice dr to see my dad tomorrow. My 82 yo mom was in the ER today. Parents failing health is really hard on me right now.
    Maryellen in Fl

Maryellen, very sorry to hear this. My parents are 86 and 89 and I can relate. I am not home (don't live in the same town, nor country for that matter). I am flying in , next week to spend 2 weeks with them. At least you are there for them and don't have the guilt of not being there like I do. At least I have a brother and his family that live in the same town, but that doesn't make it right for me. Positive thoughts are going out to you as you struggle.
  • loriarty
    loriarty Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    @julieworley37 - That really sucks about people quitting. And seriously best of luck in the interview!!! :)

@Macrelmar - I am so sorry to hear that. I slightly know how that feels, and I really am sorry.

My day hasn't been too bad really. I'm still sleeping too late and not eating breakfast... and I know I should. -___- When this new month starts I'll get some good breakfast stuff too. We have to grocery shop monthly. But I went to the gym again, this time I actually did the weight machines. I worked my legs, and then I did the one ab machine that they have. Feels good man. Though I was really excited because yesterday I weighed 300 exact. All I needed to do was lose .1lbs. And what did my body decided... oh today was going to be the day my weight goes UP for the week... I tend to not let it bother me, but it was a bit of a disappointment. I even had my phone with me, ready to take a picture of it and everything. Oh well... there is always tomorrow. onwards and upwards.
  • cekennon
    cekennon Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    @ Karen - praying for you ! - when is surgery?