New To Group and Pregnant

Options
SexyLovinmeCook
SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
Hello Everyone!!

My Name is Stephanie and I am 36 yrs old and new to this group...Last week I found out I was pregnant with my first child with my husband. We just had a lovely wedding in Jamaica this past May and purchased our new home so to find out that I am pregnant is our lucky #3. We are both excited and it will be a first child for us both so everything is new for us..

I am experiencing a few symptoms that caused me to take a few test last week such as tenderness in breast, no desire to workout, energy level feeling low and my appetite is thru the roof. I would be lying if I didn't say I am nervous and scared not of having a baby but more so being a great mom and gaining weight after being in this lifestyle over 4 yrs.

I just wanted to introduce myself and will be chiming in on some of the topics as well as take useful where fit information. Thanks for being great mothers and examples out there that you can be a fit mother.

Replies

• mommyrunning
    mommyrunning Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congrats! I am 33 and pregnant with baby # 3. Your concerns are completely normal. Try to remember gaining weight is normal and healthy and if you monitor it along with your doctor it probably won't get out of control. Being a new mom is scary but I just always try to remind myself that billions of women before me have done it. Once you have the little baby in your arms most stuff will come naturally.
  • futurestarz
    futurestarz Posts: 510
    Options
    Congratulations!!!! I am a first time mom as well (due in October) so no advice, but welcome to the group! I have gotten a lot of support here.
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    Options
    Thanks ladies...I so appreciate the tips and glad to hear from you both.. I am to excited and ready to start this chapter of my life.. Definitely hope to get good feed back here.. I've learned a few things already..
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Your symptoms are very common. I'm 9 weeks pregnant with #2 & I'm nauseous, very tired, tender breasts, bloated, moody, etc. it's all the hormones :/

I've gained a pound or so this far, but not stressing about weight gain too much. I gained 34lbs with #1. I'm trying to walk a few days a week since I'm just too exhausted to do much else!

Congrats again & enjoy!
  • abitzan
    abitzan Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    welcome and congratulations!
  • kalyrra
    kalyrra Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!

It's very normal to be afraid about being a good mom.... I think we all feel that way! Just remember... you ARE the perfect mom for your baby. No one else will know that baby the way you will! We'll all have moments where we make mistakes, and have to learn from them... but that is life in general! You'll do fantastic, and you're going to LOVE being a mother!

As far as weight gain... just eat healthy and exercise, and try not to obsess over it. And a good support group always helps, and that's what we have here! :flowerforyou:
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    Options
    Awwww this makes me feel so warm and excited to become a mom....I appreciate the warm welcome and feedback.. I have my first Doctor's appt Monday with hubby...We are excited...