Day 2 Post Op

Options
Thanks to all who made suggestions. I am out of hospital now and home with my family. It's still really rough, My first 24 hours post op all I did was sleep literally, I could not open my eyes for longer then 3-4 minutes. I had alot of throwing up....Blood mostly. I have alot of pain in my chest (hopefully gas related) I was released about 36 hours after surgery, still not very able to keep liquids down but trying, I have went for a decent walk each day so far...hopefully things will get better.

Replies

• jkern9110
    jkern9110 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    It won't be too much longer and you'll start feeling better. Get some rest!
  • olivia0428
    olivia0428 Posts: 10
    Options
    I had my surgery on Wednesday and was released yesterday afternoon. Had a pretty ok night. I had a lab band to sleeve revision and my doctor said there was a lot of scar tissue he had to "clean" due to the first surgery.
    Over all I think I'm doing good, just struggling a little with my breathing exercises. I feel very weak still.

Good luck warford77 keep me posted on how your doing since we had our procedure a day apart
  • stepholl
    stepholl Posts: 15
    Options
    Thanks to all who made suggestions. I am out of hospital now and home with my family. It's still really rough, My first 24 hours post op all I did was sleep literally, I could not open my eyes for longer then 3-4 minutes. I had alot of throwing up....Blood mostly. I have alot of pain in my chest (hopefully gas related) I was released about 36 hours after surgery, still not very able to keep liquids down but trying, I have went for a decent walk each day so far...hopefully things will get better.

My first 3-4 days were like that. I couldn't get anything down, I couldn't even get out of bed. My surgery was last wens. Then Saturday afternoon something clicked and I got out of bed and sat on the couch to try to keep my eyes open. That helped. Then started walking and by Sunday I was able to hold liquids down and felt great. I even went back to work Monday and was tired but made it through. Hang in there, it gets better!
  • Busmom183
    Busmom183 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I had my surgery Tuesday the 24.and went home Wed. afternoon. I slept most of that afternoon and evening. started walking that night .but still not able to drink.....sucked on a bit of ice now & then, was not able to take fluids until the next day.the walking really does make it easier. But my muscles were still very sore. just used Tylenol. have been drinking my fluids but am feeling hungry..... is this normal ?Wishing you all a speedy recovery.
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    For many of us yes. It is head hunger. The stress of surgery brings on the desire to medicate the stress by eating. Dealing with head hunger is 90% of the WLS process. We are accustomed to eating at certain times in certain locations with certain events with certain people with certain feelings......the list goes on. Our default activity is eating. We have to reorient to 3 small meals a day with one or two snacks and absolutely no grazing. I had to keep telling myself I am not hungry, my stomach does not produce remotely enough grehlin to tell my brain about hunger and won't for 6 months to a year. Also I am feeding my body with the 475,000 calories in lard I have packed all over my body. So I just kept praying for strength to accept the process and kept telling myself, "You are eating, you are eating fat and this is your last chance and you are not going to blow it and by the way "self" I love you and you can do this". God bless
  • Busmom183
    Busmom183 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you Mangopickle I'm understanding that more now. still have to break the old habits. I know I do not feel hungry, my head is psyching me out.