I'm overweight!

Options
Shannie312
Shannie312 Posts: 46 Member
Being a shorty (5'2") the BMI chart is not kind to me :) but as of today, I am no longer obese! To me, I still feel like "me" but people I haven't seen in a while will say, "I didn't even recognize you!" So I know I'm getting somewhere.

Replies

• KCSF
    KCSF Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That is an awesome accomplishment!
  • authorwriter
    authorwriter Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    My husband recently hit that milestone. He's dieting the old fashioned way, with salads and cottage cheese. He's just a few pounds from the top end of normal and has been in a stall for over a week. He was so excited the day he came to me and said, 'Hey! I'm only overweight!'

I congratulated him and I congratulate you. It's an amazing accomplishment and you should be very proud.
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    So nice to no longer be in the red danger zone on the BMI chart
  • westindy
    westindy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I just recently made it into the overweight zone myself.
  • relentless2121
    relentless2121 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Way to go Shannie312. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • katematt313
    katematt313 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic!! Good job!! :smile:
  • ATXHeather
    ATXHeather Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    That's great! I can't wait to be there. It is so nice to hear about the victories.

Heather
  • GraceByMySide
    GraceByMySide Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Yay for you!!!!! I can't wait to be overweight!!! LMAO (I wish I could laugh my *kitten* off, bwt) :drinker:
  • cocorico22
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!!
  • Ksh1055
    Ksh1055 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    What a great accomplishment!!! Nicely done.
  • bookwormjoy
    bookwormjoy Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS!!!! There is nothing more rewarding than when someone doesn't recognize you because you look so different.... except when a blood relative hits on you...THAT IS JUST WRONG...EW... (at least it wasn't a first cousin)....

I have an issue with those BMI charts...
    I am 5 feet 1.5 inches tall and weigh 160... but I wear a size 9 jeans, and if you were to see me, I look like I weigh about 20 pound less because I carry ALOT of weight in my legs since they are VERY muscular.... So according to the BMI chart, I am still OBESE!!!

Well tough tittie stupid chart...I say...Because I look great and feel terrific...

Just sayin' I hate those charts because it does not take into consideration people as INDIVIDUALS