Seeking an accountability partner

Options
Gotohealth
Gotohealth Posts: 59 Member
Hi, my name is Jenny. I am a 35 year old sahm with two girls, ages 6 and 2 now. My six year old now has some major health issues, so I am wanting to get my weight and health in check more than ever. She needs a mom with energy! I have about 40-45 lbs. to lose, and I was wondering if anyone would be interested in being an accountability partner with me. I think that I need to feel like there is someone else who is depending on me to follow through with logging and vice versa. I would like to go at least 30 days with logging. I keep hoping that if I can make it to 30, then I can continue. I ideally would like to keep logging as long as possible. I am tired of losing the same 5-10 lbs. multiple times.

Here is what I am thinking in terms of the accountability:

1) We comment on each other's posts every day after we complete our food diary.
2) We can email each other for advice.
3) We update our weights once a week and cheer each other on.
4) We try to keep this up with tracking our food and completing our food diaries every day. That doesn't mean that we have to be perfect at what we eat. If we go to a wedding, for example, and we don't know exactly how many calories we eat at the reception, we can just guess as best as we can. The point, though, is that we keep logging as best and as honestly as we can.
5) We get super annoyed with the other person and harass them via messages if they stop logging. Joking, well, not really. I do want someone who will help hold me accountable! ;)

Anyone up for this 30 day log challenge? I would like to get back "on the wagon" again this coming Monday.

Replies

• allergictodiets
    allergictodiets Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Ela. I'm a working mom of one busy toddler. I have Hashimoto's so weight loss/gain is a bit unpredictable with me, but I do my best to eat healthy and exercise ( almost ) every day. I log every day. I could be your diary buddy if you wanted :-)
  • tobiasmom
    tobiasmom Posts: 161
    Options
    Hi Jenny, I'm Lindsey! I'm 31 and have about 40 lbs to go as well. I log daily (41 days in a row today!) with an open diary, and I would be open to being an accountability partner :)
  • Gotohealth
    Options
    Hi Ela! I would love it if you could be my diary buddy! It looks like I have a couple of accountability partners now, and I'm pumped about it. I am going to start on Monday. I just need a few days to get organized, but once I start, I'm committed! Thank you!
  • Gotohealth
    Options
    Hi Lindsey! That's awesome that we have about the same amount of weight to lose. I would love to team up with you, and we can get this done together. 41 days in a row is fantastic! I am committed to being the same way! Thank you!! I will be starting on Monday once I take a few days to get organized. :)
  • katematt313
    katematt313 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I'd be happy to open up my food log and be an accountability partner. Good luck on your journey :)
  • Gotohealth
    Options
    Thank you katematt313! Good luck on your journey as well! I will be starting on Monday. :)
  • katematt313
    katematt313 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I am excited to have an accountability partner. I put my planned food in for the day today. Here's to keeping on track!! Have a good weekend! :smile:
  • txmomma81
    txmomma81 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Julie. I'm a 33yo sahm mom to 3 girls, ages 12, 11, and 9. You can count me in! I'm currently finishing up day 25. It is by far, the longest I have ever stayed with losing weight. This time it's for real. I have 83-100lbs to lose.
  • mmnoor
    mmnoor Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi, I m Mayaz. I am 31 yr old and I am a mom to 2 girls, my older princess is 3.5 yrs and younger is just 2 months old.
    I think I have been craving an accountability partner close to your discription to keep me on track and and some how we could keep each other motivated and help ourselves to get successful.. I am logging in my diary for 4 days.. just started all over again after almost a year.. Have been regular on treadmill for 4 days.. I too have 50lbs+ to loose. so far have lost 2 lb. Count me in too.. I am cooperative and good at sticking to routines if I have someone whome I have to answer to. Good luck to all of you!
  • Gotohealth
    Options
    Hi Julie, that is awesome that you are on day 25! I am happy that you are wanting in on this! :)
  • Gotohealth
    Options
    Hi Mayaz! I am glad that you want to be a part of this! Thanks for replying! I hear you about having someone to answer to. Take care!
  • nikknight
    nikknight Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm also looking for an accountability partner. I am a SAHM--ages 7,6,and 2. We are currently stationed in South Korea with the US Army. I am very short....5'1'' and I need to lose about 40 lbs to feel comfortable in my own skin and to be healthy. Add me! :)