Maintaining Advice Please

Options
Momakanga
Momakanga Posts: 122 Member
Hey All- Does anyone have a really good plan for making this lifestyle change stick for the next 40 years? It seems like every 10 years I get motivated to live healthier and it lasts for a year or two then I turn 30 or 40 or next time 50 and realize I have slipped back to having chips, chocolate, white bread, and ice cream as my 4 main food groups.

I am a year and a half into my latest try at this lifestyle and I can feel the bad habits slipping back in. After a week of "just this once" bowls of ice cream at bedtime I had to have a talk with myself. :smile:

Also, because I am interested, what fun summer plans does everyone have? Are you doing anything new that you would have not done before you started working to be healthier? We are going to Glacier National Park and Missoula MT. Ever since the movie A River Runs Through It I have wanted to go to Missoula!

Replies

• mitchiejo
    mitchiejo Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    My motivation for making this lifestyle change stick is I don't want to gain that weight again. I've been trying to eat mostly healthy although I have a sweet tooth. I still have yummy things just not as much as I use to. I work out most days of the week. Three days a week I do weights the other days I do cardio (long walks, elliptical, stair stepper, Adaptive Motion Trainer or exercise bike).

I love tracking my food to see how close I can get to my macros goals. My cholesterol was a little high last year so I'm hoping with the change in my diet and adding in different workouts it will be better when I go in next month.

No great plans for this Summer.