3 months post op weight loss

Options
I a curious how much everyone else lost at the 3 month mark.... I am almost 3 months post op and have lost 50lbs.... is that average?

Replies

• Ksh1055
    Ksh1055 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I'm at 4 1/2 months post-op and have lost 54 lbs and that was my weight day of surgery on 2/5/14. Of course everyone loses at a different rate, but it is always nice to know how others are doing/did . Right now I think I may be on a stall, even though I've been working out like a maniac for some reason the last 3-4 weeks.
  • pattycakes726
    pattycakes726 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I think you're doing great! I lost 35 lbs in my 1st 3 months (and 25 pre-op), so you're ahead of where I was.
  • vsg_joanna
    vsg_joanna Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You're doing great! I'm about to be at the 3 month mark too and I'm down 42.4 lbs. Congrats on getting to onederland :)
  • ve7jne
    ve7jne Posts: 10
    Options
    Congratulations! I am 2.5 months out and have lost 39 lbs. I was stalled for a couple of weeks and it's finally going down again.
  • knitnpurlgurl
    Options
    Thanks everyone :-)
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I look back at my reports and it was about57- 60. But then it Really slowed down LOL!! It has taken me since Feb 20 th to lose 33lbs. I don't let it phase me. I just slipped on a pair of Ann Taylor Loft size 6 petite jeans from Goodwill and ate a skinny cow ice cream bar. Life is good! I have every confidence that I will reach my BMI of 24 before next Summer. As long as I stick to the plan I know I will eventually get there. Support Group is my lifeline. we meet very month and it really does help remind me that I still have obese brain. I can never ignore my food intake or pretend I don't have the potential to start medicating with food again. You are doing really well. Be proud!! You have been making tough food choices! :)
  • homerismyhero
    homerismyhero Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    June 19th was three months for me- and had about the same at that point. I'm preparing for it to slow down- it's tough- you get used to a certain pace of loss, then it starts to slow and it's tough not to feel like your doing it wrong somehow.
  • Stephaniev51697
    Stephaniev51697 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 days away from 4 months and I'm down 46lbs. I'm a slow loser but I'm ok with that.
  • katematt313
    katematt313 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I had my VSG on 6/9. So, I'm not 3 months out, but I thought this might be helpful:

I met with the PA at the surgeon's office last week who said that it is more helpful to think in terms of % of excess weight lost, instead of counting the pounds. That is what the office looks at.

It makes sense, because everyone has a different amount of excess weight to lose - some of us start the process at 250 pounds, and others at 550 pounds. The heavier person will often lose weight faster. So, if you are feeling disheartened that you are not losing as quickly as others, do the math and figure out the percentage of excess weight lost.

Note: she brought this up because my weight loss has stalled, despite the fact that my calories are severely restricted. I felt a bit discouraged. She wanted to remind me that I have already lost 24% of my excess body weight, which is actually better than average. That made me feel better.
  • JxAAA
    JxAAA Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'm 15 weeks post op, I've lost 42lbs since surgery and 17 pre-op (59lbs total). I think it really all depends on what your starting point was, age, etc...
  • kenziesmom_2000
    kenziesmom_2000 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    looking at percentage is definitly a better way when comparing to others! you are so right... we are all at different places and started out at different places. wheyou factor in height, age, health, etc... "pounds of loss" can be deceiving and isnt a fair comparison.
  • juliebccs
    juliebccs Posts: 233
    Options
    I am 4 months post op in 5 days. I started at 280lb. Liquid diet 15 days took me to 271 day of surgery. Today I am 207. I have light exercise still due to arthritis. Should increase soon. I have a short term goal of 100lb loss by the end of October. Long term goal however is approx reaching a maintenance weight of 140lb. So I am about half way on the scales. So happy with the sleeve.
  • katematt313
    katematt313 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    looking at percentage is definitly a better way when comparing to others! you are so right... we are all at different places and started out at different places. wheyou factor in height, age, health, etc... "pounds of loss" can be deceiving and isnt a fair comparison.

:smile: