Does anyone do Asylum?

Options
KatyFace9801
KatyFace9801 Posts: 230 Member
Hi! Okay, I'm starting Insanity the Asylum work out plan Monday (just finished Insanity. Addicted to Shaun T) and there's like a layout for how to eat. Like protein and starch in the morning, protein and veg for morning snack, etc...
I'm going to try to make meal plans to follow this lay out as well as I can. I have a few ideas, but wanted to see if anyone else had done this meal plan system to maybe bounce some ideas off each other (obviously vegan ideas! lol)

Also, I think I get confused by "starch". Is that basically interchangeable with "carbs"? Like when it says starch in the morning I'm thinking quinoa or oatmeal? I don't really do bread

Replies

• racicot85
    racicot85 Posts: 8
    Options
    I'm ordering it next week, so as soon as I get it I'll be starting it. Obviously, I haven't done the workout yet, so I haven't looked at the meal plan, but I was wondering how it compares to Insanity? Also, how are you doing on the meal plan?
  • Chelsarrr
    Chelsarrr Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I don't do the program, but you'll have to let us know what you think of it!

Starch and carbs should be interchangeable. Good luck on the meal planning! I'm slowly getting better and better.
  • KatyFace9801
    KatyFace9801 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Its a totally different workout even tho it has a lot of the same moves. Certainly wouldn't rexcomend it to any clients who haven't done insanity previously.

I was doing pretty well on the meal plan. Shakeology for breakfast, salad with tempeh for lunch, black bean chili with small salad for lunch, green smoothie for mid day snack and dinner varied.
    But! I've been reading up on raw diet athletes this week... So I'm gonna try that next week and see how I feel/ measurements show in a week.

I'm gonna send y'all friend requests. I love talking to people who are on the same workout plans... And vegans to boot!
  • racicot85
    racicot85 Posts: 8
    Options
    Awesome! I'm so excited to start this. I love insanity and think Shaun T is just amazing, but I'm ready for something different. I would like to try a raw diet, but I don't think that I am ready for that yet.