lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
So they released the 1st trailer for it

http://youtu.be/b7yOuhI1dzU

thoughts?

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    It looks fun! I've never read the comics though, but from a glance it looks like some weird Farscape/Star Wars mix... lol. I'm looking forward to it either way.
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Meh. I watch it when it comes to RedBox. But then again, I have a bias for the original GotG from the alternate 29th century timeline (Vance Astro, Charlie-27, etc.). However, I readily admit that it makes way more sense to use the current roster for the movie, especially if there's going to be a tie-in with Thanos and/or the next Avengers movie.

FYI: I tend to shy away from the latest gossip, etc. because I like to be surprised when I actually watch the movie. So I honestly don't know the plot points.
  • Francl27
    Options
    Yeah I'm not going to watch any of the footage I've already seen on FB. Same for Winter Soldier... want to keep it a surprise.
  • Jurow
    Jurow Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    looks fun. seems like its going to be pretty light as in comedy wise so should be a good popcorn movie
  • lacroyx
    Options
    2nd trailer released a few days ago

http://youtu.be/zZKzWABhZdg
  • thegreatcc1
    thegreatcc1 Posts: 22
    Options
    The only exposure I've had to the guardians of the galaxy is from the avengers:earth's mightiest heroes cartoon. They were in that one episode and I thought they were awesome, so I'll probably watch it just based off that:D.
  • TheDoctorDonna10
    Options
    I can't wait to see it!
  • spud_chick
    spud_chick Posts: 2,639 Member
    Options
    Have seen the trailer a couple of times in the theater, and will definitely go. Not familiar with it, but you can't beat a team that includes a raccoon and a tree.
  • lacroyx
    Options
    It was rumored Nathan Fillion was going to make a cameo in this movie. Rumor is now confirmed. Not going to post who he will be in the movie but here's the link if you want to know:

http://geektyrant.com/news/nathan-fillions-guardians-of-the-galaxy-cameo-revealed
  • savelando
    savelando Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Gunn also denied that one a couple days ago. i'd pretty much take everything with a grain of salt though.
  • Francl27
    Options
    No he confirmed it. He's just not playing a part people were saying he was.
  • lacroyx
    Options

Ahh, poo. Welp, that still leaves hope for a certain browncoat to make a cameo ^_^
  • savelando
    savelando Posts: 10 Member
    Options

sorry, i was trying to be vague as not to spoil anything. he confirmed that it wouldn't be either of those mentioned in that link.
  • Francl27
    Options
    Bump because it was pretty awesome.
  • lacroyx
    Options
    I missed Nathan Fillion's cameo. I later had to Google where it was in the movie. Oh well, I liked the movie enough to see it again and hopefully catch it the 2nd time around. Many funny moments my favorite being Starlord and Gamora talking about a certain 80's movie. :laugh:
  • Francl27
    Options
    I missed Nathan Fillion's cameo. I later had to Google where it was in the movie. Oh well, I liked the movie enough to see it again and hopefully catch it the 2nd time around. Many funny moments my favorite being Starlord and Gamora talking about a certain 80's movie. :laugh:

Me too. I kept looking too. I saw him in the credits though so I'll know where to look. Unfortunately I don't think it's really appropriate for my 6yo kids so I don't have an excuse to go see it again until the blu-ray is out.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Saw it today - totally missed the cameo! Enjoyed the movie though!
  • radmack
    radmack Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Completely fun movie. Absolutely loved it!
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    I saw that the other day! LOVED it :drinker:
  • KimWW
    KimWW Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Have seen it twice (and probably will at least once more.) Loved it! I was not really familiar with the team and such. Gamora was very different than I expected. In a good way.

I have been listening to the Awesome Mix Vol. 1 for a week.