Step challenge (mini competition)

Irek_Wawa
Irek_Wawa Posts: 41 Member
Hello fellow competitors. I would like to invite you to additional competition during our challenge. Of course it has been consulted with our organiser :)

The competition would be about measuring our level of physical activity (by counting steps taken throughout a day) and therefore motivating us to move more and lose even more weight.

Prerequisite to participate is possesing ONLY ONE of the following:
- iPhone or Android phone (with installed free Moves app)
- Fitbit device
- Jawbone device
- Withings Pulse

So as you see – almost anyone is able to join.

The app / webpage we would use is called https://matchup.io/ . It’s currently in beta, but works fine (tested it myself). You cannot register on your own, but I can sent you an invite as I’m already a member.

How it would work exactly:
„Matchup treats your competition like a real sports league. That means you'll be matched up against a new opponent every day.” – which looks as below:

mfp110.jpg

We can check our current standing all the time:

mfp210.jpg

There are other cassifications also:

mfp310.jpg

Or

mfp410.jpg

There is also a message board where we can additionally motivate each other or boast about our achievements;)

The competition will start on 5th July so everyone would have time to join and it would last to the end of this challenge. It won't be possible to join after it starts unfortunately.

I’m open to your questions / suggestions of course.

IMPORTANT:
To join I need you to click on the link below and register with mfp name, so we would know who is who;) Competition will only consist of this challenge participants.

https://matchup.io/group/694/2014-summer-slam-weight-loss-challenge

Replies

• tolkienite
    tolkienite Posts: 204 Member
    Sounds like fun. I've joined up and sent a request for the group. Thanks for setting this up!
  • Zeeba9563
    Zeeba9563 Posts: 4
    I have joined and sent a group request to you, thanks
  • Mahi33
    Mahi33 Posts: 69 Member
    I also joined but I'm having trouble syncing my fitbit one to my dashboard, it keeps saying no devices paired even though I have reinstalled and installed again twice, would you be able to help me figure it out? Thanks so much
  • kmm8784
    kmm8784 Posts: 102 Member
    I have joined and sent a request for access!!
  • ActuarialChef
    ActuarialChef Posts: 1,413 Member
    Signed up.. now just hoping the Moves app works :)
  • Jdoster06
    Jdoster06 Posts: 55
    This looks awesome..
  • ProjectTae
    ProjectTae Posts: 434 Member
    What a great idea, I've joined and sent a request your way :)
  • phoebelayla
    phoebelayla Posts: 1,254 Member
    Hi Irek!
    I signed up :-).
  • jnord8729
    jnord8729 Posts: 234 Member
    Awesome idea. Request to join sent
  • bits4226
    bits4226 Posts: 101 Member
    I signed up but just realized i dont have any of those devices. I just usually use my samsung s5 s-health app...guess I can't join this one? ;-(
  • kgreenRDLDN
    kgreenRDLDN Posts: 248 Member
    I signed up but just realized i dont have any of those devices. I just usually use my samsung s5 s-health app...guess I can't join this one? ;-(

I downloaded the move app. Its free. just waiting for the group request to be accepted!
  • runner115
    runner115 Posts: 321 Member
    LOVE IT!!! and I recently invested in a fitbit...will try to sign up now...
  • dillyg08
    dillyg08 Posts: 993 Member
    Please send me an invite. Thanks!
  • Modellabell
    Modellabell Posts: 448 Member
    I also joined but I'm having trouble syncing my fitbit one to my dashboard, it keeps saying no devices paired even though I have reinstalled and installed again twice, would you be able to help me figure it out? Thanks so much

Your fitbit should start syncing once the challenge starts. let's wait until the challenge starts and trouble shoot then.
  • Modellabell

It should but we will definitely trouble shoot to see.
  • Modellabell

Hey sis, you have to go to this web site to sign up: https://matchup.io/group/694/2014-summer-slam-weight-loss-challenge
  • dillyg08
    dillyg08 Posts: 993 Member

Hey sis, you have to go to this web site to sign up: https://matchup.io/group/694/2014-summer-slam-weight-loss-challenge

Thanks sis. I just signed up and send a request in. I hope I did it correctly....fingers crossed XXX.
  • BelliDancer
    BelliDancer Posts: 25 Member
    I just set up my new Fitbit and have signed up for this mini-challenge. Thanks Irek! I'm really excited there is a fitness element to this challenge.
  • ActuarialChef
    ActuarialChef Posts: 1,413 Member

It should but we will definitely trouble shoot to see.

I started using the Moves app to get a feel for things, and it definitely works with my device! I hardly get any steps in so I'm really going to have to up my game if I don't want to be dead last in this mini competition!!!
  • Jdoster06
    Jdoster06 Posts: 55
    Updated my ipad this morning and now I can't sign into the site. It's saying that it doesn't have my email. Is there another way to sign in that I'm not aware of?