Everyone post their most recent bulking results

Options
__freckles__
__freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
I'm just interested how long others have bulked and how much you've gained during your last round. Not trying to compare myself with anyone - just very curious!

For myself - I bulked for 15 weeks and gained 8 pounds.

Replies

• SilentDrapeRunners
    SilentDrapeRunners Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Well you know my story, but just to add to the compilation....about 5 months and gained about 10 lbs.
  • LiveMore101
    LiveMore101 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it for about a month now and I think I've gained about 1.5 pounds. Most of that, I believe, is water weight. And I think I may have dipped down a bit because there were some days I dipped below my goal mark of 1550. I'm working at it though! Wanting to push up to 1650 sometime in July!

Hello, Peanut Butter! :D
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    wait- you're bulking at 1550?

are you eating back calories? how big are you?

I'm cutting at 1550 - unless you're under 5 foot- that seems awfully low- even if you are doing MFP/eat back calorie method.
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    I'm still going, starting month 5, I've gained 4 lbs (not including my reversal of calories that results in a 2 lb loss before I started gaining). Currently at 2300 calories.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    oh okay- I was very much going O_o at that LOL- I'm losing around 1500 so it kind of took me by surprise. I'm tracking.
  • sarahstrezo
    sarahstrezo Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I bulked last fall/winter for 20 weeks and gained between 11-12 lbs. I ended up keeping about 5-6 lbs of new muscle. Will be doing it again this fall/winter.
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Bulked for 16wks and gained 10-12lbs from Nov-March. Final caloric goal the last 3-4 weeks was 3000-3150. ;) I only lost about 3-4lbs from my cut but my BF is a whole different story. Definitely retained much of my gains.

Don't really plan to do another bulk aesthetically as I'm pleased but I've caught the powerlifting bug and depending on my goals and lifts I just might but definitely not to the extent of this last one.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    Bulked from January to the beginning of June and gained 8.5 pounds. I've lost one pound from there and would like to lose just one more, but I'm not in a hurry. I'd like to keep my intake as high as possible while still maintaining over the summer, then try another bulk next winter.
  • rf1583
    rf1583 Posts: 65
    Options
    I'm about 3 1/2 months into my bulk and I've gained about 6lbs. I plan to bulk through the summer at least. I'm eating about 2200-2300 calories a day now.
  • burtnyks
    burtnyks Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I've been bulking since January and am up about 6 lbs. I'm continuing for probably another 9 months and thinking about increasing the cals a tad as I've managed to stay fairly lean and don't want to sell myself short since I'm making a big time commitment to this.