I found a nice app for other nerds like me

Options
New to this group and to fitbit so sorry if it has been mentioned previously, but fitrpg is an android and iOS app that creates a game for you with challenges based off your fitbit readings. I just found it but so far it looks very promising and fun.

Replies

• Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Cool, thanks!
  • DianeinCA
    DianeinCA Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Another fun game (if you're competitive) is matchup.io, which has competitions with people who have fitness trackers from all over the world.

Be warned: they are HARDCORE. There are people on there who are somehow logging 25-30m per day.

They started a fun new one: walk the Pacific Trail. 70m for the week, you do the 70m whenever. Not so much about competing against others.
  • DianeinCA
    Options
    And thanks for the link to FitRPG. I love the "gamification" of fitness, so the more apps the merrier.
  • lulufitmfp
    lulufitmfp Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I enjoy this app a lot, I've been on it for about a week now. Found it on fitbit.com forums.

https://www.fitbit.com/forums/topic/N8MC7VGTQ5S7S
  • DianeinCA
    Options
    Well, I must be doing something wrong (maybe you have to sign up separately for the forums???) but I have signed up to the app as "dianeinca" if you want to add me!
  • katro111
    katro111 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Oooh, totally in. I'm katro111 on the app.
  • Kimsied
    Kimsied Posts: 232
    Options
    Fun! Too bad I don't have an Android.
  • Jdoster06
    Jdoster06 Posts: 55
    Options
    It's on iOS too.. Didn't know initially
  • Jdoster06
    Options
    My name on it is the same as here
  • sky15425
    sky15425 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Thanks this looks fun!
    My name is the same.
  • PurpleMomster
    PurpleMomster Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Very cool, thanks for sharing! I'm The Fluffinator (my cat's name...lol!) if anyone wants to add me :)
  • Staceyboone25
    Options
    Add me .... Staceyb
  • StarsAreMyOcean
    Options
    Checking it out now. Sounds like something I will enjoy.

EDIT: All set up, same name as here, figuring things out.
  • Jdoster06
    Options
    From testing I have found that putting account on two devices may mess with it, that or the iOS version is messed up. On android ince your quest is done you can claim it.. If you don't you lose health or whatever.. But on iOS I couldn't claim it even though the progress was already over 100% anyone else have this issue?
  • notworthstalking
    notworthstalking Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just joined up. My name is the same as on here :smile:
  • jim180155
    jim180155 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Also just joined, same name as here.
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    cool - ill get the hang of it soon :D same name :D
  • rebeccawesterfield5
    rebeccawesterfield5 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Fun, thanks for the heads up!
  • NewTeaPot74
    NewTeaPot74 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    This is PERFECT! my kids are helping with the quests :D Thank you!
  • DianeinCA
    Options
    From testing I have found that putting account on two devices may mess with it, that or the iOS version is messed up. On android ince your quest is done you can claim it.. If you don't you lose health or whatever.. But on iOS I couldn't claim it even though the progress was already over 100% anyone else have this issue?

Yeah, I'm underwhelmed by the coding in the iOS app -- there's a lot of jankiness that should not be happening if they're using proper system calls. I'm hoping it's just because they were rushing to get something into the store and are working on fixing it...