Any April VSGers?

Options
kglowins
kglowins Posts: 111 Member
I had my surgery on April 7, 2014. Just curious how everyone that had the procedure done in April is doing?

Replies

• naturehappy
    Options
    I had my sleeve done April 15th, I'm always on the boards but don't post alot..at first I thought I was in hell...I really struggled with the whole thing, but now I feel like I've hit my stride, I'm hiking 5 miles a day, eating shrimp and tuna and yogurt to my hearts content and feeling amazing..how are you doing?
  • platinum3karat
    platinum3karat Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I to was sleeved on April 1, 2014. In the beginning I felt like I made the biggest mistake of my life but now I'm down 51 pounds. No more blood pressure pills also full of energy my knees and feet doesn't ache anymore and I am able to run which feels amazing. I'm happy I'm on the road to being healthy, feels good and I've learned to make good choices.
  • JreedyJanelle
    JreedyJanelle Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I had my sleeve done April 17th. I feel great! Getting my protien and my water in! Eating around 700 calories or less per day!
  • kglowins
    kglowins Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear that everyone is doing great! I'm doing well myself...terrified that my hair is going to fall out. I have my fingers crossed that it won't be that bad.
  • sgramby2014
    Options
    Hi all...I had my sleeve on April 1st...doing great, feeling great, curious to see what others are doing for exercise...I am down roughly 50 lbs :)
  • Antlerdancer
    Antlerdancer Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hiyas! I was sleeved on 4/21 and though things have been going really well (actually, VERY) I'm lately struggling with compulsive eating thoughts/desires. It's haaaard to deal with these things. Also, I am recognizing that I need to get more friends (I love outdoorsy stuff but my small circle of pals do not - it gets old doing it all alone) and also need to pick up some hobbies so I dont sit at home thinking about food. Overall, very happy about having the sleeve and have had no horrible issues other than two constipation experiences. Ouch and ew.
  • plmelquist
    plmelquist Posts: 42
    Options
    Hi,

I had my sleeve on April 28th - dumped blood pressure meds after 2 weeks. I feel fantastic and am giving oodles of clothes away (donating to Goodwill). My size 3X scrubs are now size XL scrubs! Down from a 24 to 18 in other pants! Down just over 40 lbs after about a 3 week stall!

Glad you're doing well!
    Patty
  • AKoecher
    AKoecher Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I had my surgery on April 9th. I'm totally down 47 pounds, however surgery weight I"m only down 29 pounds. Super frustrating! Now that I CAN eat anything I want ( I know that doesn't mean I SHOULD be) I've been struggling with that. I'm mad at myself for doing this. I've been stuck in the 190's for a month. Only lost 5.5 pounds last month. I know it's my fault, I chose what goes in my mouth, I chose not to exercise, I get it, I just wanted to rant for a minute. I'm also scared that losing could have stopped already, is that possible at 3 months out?
  • JreedyJanelle
    Options
    I had my surgery on April 9th. I'm totally down 47 pounds, however surgery weight I"m only down 29 pounds. Super frustrating! Now that I CAN eat anything I want ( I know that doesn't mean I SHOULD be) I've been struggling with that. I'm mad at myself for doing this. I've been stuck in the 190's for a month. Only lost 5.5 pounds last month. I know it's my fault, I chose what goes in my mouth, I chose not to exercise, I get it, I just wanted to rant for a minute. I'm also scared that losing could have stopped already, is that possible at 3 months out?

Start eating right again and do the exercise, make sure you are drinking the water! I lies slowly, I am older and have had a complete hysterectomy due to cancer! I lose about 8 to 10 pounds a month, I exercise for an hour a day 6 days a week, keep at it and you will see weight loss again. I know it is hard, but you can do it!
  • JreedyJanelle
    Options
    It should say I lose slowly! Dang autocorrect
  • debihargis
    debihargis Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I had the surgery 4/16 and am down 58 pounds. I have not had any problems except trying to get all my protein, water and vitamins in. Am really struggling with that now. I also have not been walking. But this week I have been trying to do better.
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options

Your losing will only stop if you consume more calories than you are burning. I am sedentary so my intake is 750-950 a day until I reach maintenance and then I will transition to 1450 a day. If I exercise i can have more . Three set meals a day with a snack and no grazing. I measure and log all my food. Eyeballing it in the past was a disaster. I was consuming far more calories than I thought. The closer you get to maintenance the longer it will take to lose because you simply weigh less and therefore burn less. I avoid all trigger foods, this prevents cravings. Since I don't eat wheat, rice ,potato or processed corn any more I don't actually think that much about food. Which is fine by me, being obsessed by food was exhausting.