INTRODUCTIONS

Options
Hey ladies,
My name is Gia and I am 4'11" and want to lose 50-75 pounds. I am a wife and a mother of a 5 year old. I started BIO because lately I've been having a hard time losing weight alone. I've done it before but now it just seems impossible to do. I've been going back and forth, losing a few pounds here and then gaining them back. My weight loss goals seem so far away. I figured there are women out there that are going through the same thing and need some support and motivation so I feel that we as women could empower each other to reach our weight loss goals and even other goals that we feel we cannot accomplish.

I started MFP a few months ago but stopped because I feel that there are many people on here who were either too busy in their day to day lives to be fully active on this site or as a buddy period. I decided to come back on with hopes that there are women like me who are looking for other women to actively support them and looking to actively support other women as well, and are dedicated to being buddies in order to help each other accomplish their weight loss goals. I know it is possible to reach my goals and hope that those of you who are in the same boat know that you can too!

LET'S HELP EACH OTHER!

Replies

• Delitebabe
    Delitebabe Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hey Gia,
    I'm Hilda and my story is not too different from yours, I haven't had much luck with with stable weightloss, 4 years down the line with 2 pregnancies and I am over 70lbs more than I used to be. My mom just told me I have gained too much weight, (she had never liked how skinny I was and always wanted me to put on some flesh!) This is my wake up call.

Having people to hold you accountable and support you on this difficult journey is hust what we need. I hope we don't wake up a few months from now to realizes we couldn't do it.
  • backtonormal
    Options
    Hi Hilda,
    Welcome to BIO! We can do it, we just need to commit and stick with it. We must first do it for ourselves and then for our children so that we can be healthy to watch them grow up. It is an uphill battle but I've seen people bigger than us lose weight and their hill was a lot steeper, therefore I know we can do it together. This app is on my phone so I'll be able to answer your messages often. Please send me a personal message and let me know how often you are on here, your weight goals, what your diet is like, etc. Let's come up with a plan that will be good for us to start. In the meantime here is a link that will be able to help you determine your portion sizes when you fix your meals and it's something that you can print and put on your fridge:

http://www.webmd.com/diet/printable/portion-control-size-guide

I look forward to hearing from you!

-Gia