Podcasts?

Options
saskie78
saskie78 Posts: 237 Member
Anyone else listen to running related podcasts? I have a longish commute and am always looking for things to keep me from going batsh$%! crazy in morning traffic.

Currently, I listen to Trail Runner Nation and the occasional episode of Runners Academy (if they are interviewing someone interesting!)

Replies

• aswearingen22
    aswearingen22 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I always listen to running podcasts while running. The ones I listen to the most are (and have listened to all episodes from 1 forward):
    - Marathon Training Academy
    - Another Mother Runner
    - Runner Academy
    - Everyday Runners
    - Dirt Dawg's Running Diatribe
    - The Midpack Podcast
    - Running with the Pack - but it ended awhile back and I'm so sad!
  • Sirinya55
    Sirinya55 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    this isn't running related but I really like Radiolab
  • Lard_Vader
    Lard_Vader Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Rich Roll. He covers everything from diet, training, and more. The best podcast out there IMO.
  • SillyC2
    SillyC2 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    this isn't running related but I really like Radiolab

Oooh - I second this for being GREAT for running.

Another one that I like for running is Risk. Not running related, it's a story-telling podcast that focuses on times people get out of their comfort zone. Most of the stories are hilarious. Some are shocking. WARNING NSFW! Many of the stories feature..... adult topics. Like really adult topics. Not just sex. But they are always interesting and typically 15 minutes per story. So that's perfect if I want to convince myself to run another mile. I'll run a mile.... to finish the story.

My favorite running-related podcast is Elevation Trail. Also Ultrarunnerpodcast.

I super hate 3 hour long podcasts. No editing. booooring.
  • DonPendergraft
    DonPendergraft Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    My favorite running related podcast is ultrarunnerpodcast.com.
    My favorite other podcast is "This American Life".
  • erichunley
    erichunley Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Endurance Planet Ask the Coaches and Ask the Ultrarunner (They are part of the Endurance Planet podcast).

Shameless self promotion - I actually appeared on Everyday Runners and RunBuzz Radio as I wrote about on my blog - http://www.hamptonrunner.com/blog/2014/5/29/everyday-runners
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I don't listen to running podcasts, because the only time I listen to podcasts is when I'm doing a long run. But if you're looking for some just generally GOOD ones: Stuff Mom Never Told You and Stuff You Missed in History Class are two that are exceptionally entertaining. Four of those babies got me through 14 miles last week! I figure I do enough reading about running during the week at work that I don't need to fuel my obsession with podcasts too :)
  • DonPendergraft
    DonPendergraft Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Endurance Planet Ask the Coaches and Ask the Ultrarunner (They are part of the Endurance Planet podcast).

Shameless self promotion - I actually appeared on Everyday Runners and RunBuzz Radio as I wrote about on my blog - http://www.hamptonrunner.com/blog/2014/5/29/everyday-runners

I listened to it! Great interview Eric. Very inspiring. :)
  • saskie78
    saskie78 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Most excellent! Thanks for all these new ones to try! (I also love Stuff You Missed in History Class and Radiolab!)
  • electriq
    electriq Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I always listen to running podcasts while running. The ones I listen to the most are (and have listened to all episodes from 1 forward):
    - Marathon Training Academy
    - Another Mother Runner
    - Runner Academy
    - Everyday Runners
    - Dirt Dawg's Running Diatribe
    - The Midpack Podcast
    - Running with the Pack - but it ended awhile back and I'm so sad!

I really miss Running with the Pack too!! :-(
    What ever happened to them? They just sort of stopped with no goodbye
  • laurasuzanne2006
    laurasuzanne2006 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    i love love love another mother runner! Another fave although not specific to running is the jillian michaels show.