Getting So Frusterated!!!!!

Options
ckee1862
ckee1862 Posts: 13 Member
I had surgery Dec 11th 2013 and then got sick. I am just now able to exercise without coughing up a lung and dying (lol). I am rounding into my 3rd week of TurboFire and I am going to incorporate running tonight (5k july, 5k august, half marathon 12/31, half marathon 1/1). I am so stalled out its not even funny. I lost 51 pounds without exercising and eating crappy. Now for the past 2 weeks I have been eating great, getting protein in for most days and my water and vitamin. The first week I went from 349 to 342. The second week I bounced back and forth between 343 and 342 all week and I have been killing it. Doing the jumps getting into the plyo.

I know I measured wrong too because no way I gained 2 inches total because im in a 2x skirt now.

So effing frustrated!!!

Replies

• Ksh1055
    Ksh1055 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Measuring is always subjective as I know that I don't always have tape at exactly the same place or the same level of tautness each time. But, like you I'm seeing a great deal of difference in the fit of my clothes. Just give it time, some lose faster than others. For the first month I thought I was doing all that well in comparison, but my Dr. felt otherwise. One benefit I think to losing the weight a little slower is that by the time you can really exercise your skin has sagged quite as bad as a fast weight loss would. I've really been working on the upper/under arms (chicken wings) the last two weeks and have seen a drastic reduction in the hanging/loose skin. So glad.
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you've had a hard time of it! I would bet that either you measured wrong the first time or you are battling some water weight right now. I really haven't measured myself at all. I weigh and measure all my food, but couldn't tell you my measurements other than to say the band size on my bra is now a 38 (40 is getting to be way too loose) and I wear a size 18 pant, so whatever that waist measurement is.

Also, I will lose a pound, then bounce up 1 or 2 and then a week or more late lose the bounced pounds and another, for a one pound loss. That's typical. I thought I fgured out in in April when I was losing a pound a week! Nope. Four pounds off in April, nothing since. Sigh!
  • homerismyhero
    homerismyhero Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    It will happen - you know it will. If your staying under your calorie goal, creating a deficit with excercise - there's no way you won't loose weight. I weigh myself everyday- and notice that I loose three lbs about every 10 days. I KNOW this - but still, the eight days in a row of the same number- always makes me nervouse that I'm doing something wrong. I think it just comes from having so much past failure at weight loss- it's hard to shake that feeling.
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Skin sag can make measurements wonky. Every pound I lose comes with a 3-4 lb bounce range. I know that for 8 or so days it will bounce up and down but after 8-10 days I will have a new net loss. I just stick to the plan. And your body will reset. Think of every lb like a box of butter. It is a huge change for your body to actually not have to feed and maintain this lb of fat. This causes big water shifts, not to mention the water shifts caused by burning fat instead of food.
  • JreedyJanelle
    JreedyJanelle Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    You seem to be exercising quite a bit, you may just be putting on some muscle! Hang in there it will come off, keep us posted!
  • Thaeda
    Thaeda Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I can understandhow frustrating it is to be putting forth lots of effort and not seeing the results you want. I have been there---- sometimes I get frustrated, too. BUT-- I remind myself this is now my way of LIFE--- for the sake of my health--- not just to see the scale number get lower. I am working hard and eating well to have a longer, healthier life--- not just to be thin. So when the scale is not moving, I think of alllllll of the other benefits my body is getting from my efforts-- it is not for "nothing". Keep up the good work!
  • pammccarl
    pammccarl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I found that I lost a lot that first month (20 lbs) effortlessly then half that amount the second month and half that amount the month after. I have settled in averaging around a 3-4 lb a month loss. I have to work hard to loose that 3-4 lbs each month but before surgery I worked just as hard with out any weightless at all sometimes gaining! Be patient and keep working hard and before you know it you will see amazing results. I cannot get over how much better I feel and how much more I can do physically even though I am really only halfway there! I thank God every day for this opportunity to gain my life back...
  • bikrchk
    bikrchk Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    My last month, drop 2 pounds one week, drop 1 pound the next, gain 1 pound the next and drop a pants size at the same time! Our bodies are all over the place right now adjusting to our new lifestyle. Just keep working your plan and the pounds AND inches will come off!
  • shonrecio
    shonrecio Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I can understand where you are coming from with your frustration. I too have been stalled but I was just reminded recently that our bodies are changing. I have had the same stall for a few months now, I know part of it is because I am not exercising as much as I use to. I haven't logged any lbs lost in a while but I have dropped a pant size and a bra size, i'm now a 40 in stead of a 42 and can wear 1x on some shirts, my top has always been bigger than my bottom. I remain motivated,mainly because of my goal to be thinner, look better, feel better and because of my friends here motivating me to keep going. Support helps. Just keep up your routine and follow your plan, it will work out. Good luck
  • emmeylou
    emmeylou Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Don't forget that this is a long journey, it is not supposed to be quick! I think you might be overwhelming yourself with all these expectations. Not just the weight loss but the running on top of that. Are you an experienced runner or is this your first go at it? If you are doing all these runs for the first time I think you should back off just a little bit and give yourself a mental break, as well as a physical one. You might not be capable of eating enough calories to support that much exercise at the moment too... little bellies can only handle so much!

As for the numbers, well everyone else already said it as well... it is not going to be consistent. Some weeks you will drop, some will go up a little bit. Many people "staircase" where they will lose 3, gain 2, lose again, gain again, etc. Also I think everybody experiences "plateaus" at some point. Completely normal!!

You are doing well... i hope in the last few weeks since your original post you've been able to see some changes and are at a better frame of mind and are doing okay.