Belly fat desperation

Options
Hi I'm just reaching the end of my tether.

I'm 5'2 and weigh 134lbs. Most of my body looks normal except I have a fat flabby belly and back. I eat a low carb diet and up until recently did 3 days cardio, 3 days weights. I just can't do it anymore as I've had literally no results. Ready to give up and I need your help!

I have pcos and I'm wondering if I have high cortisol too.

I can lose a couple of pounds and as soon as I even look at any kind of substantial meal it just goes straight back on again if not more so.

Any ideas what I can do to get this under control and finally banish the bulge?

Replies

• cakeribs
    cakeribs Posts: 22
    Options
    A few years ago, dropping gluten worked really well for me. I'm still gluten-free, but the belly fat is worse than it's ever been for a number of other reasons.

What I've heard works is HIIT training, weight training, core workouts/tightening up the abs... I hope others have some input, I carry so much of my fat in my belly and I'm sick of it.
  • Goldenera
    Goldenera Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Oh boy, I have the same problem. I'm ok in all the other places but I have for years always looked pregnant! I did manage to achieve an almost flat belly but I had to do intense 60 min weightlifting classes 3x wk and then run 5k 2x week. I ended up with workout burn out after religiously doing this for 2 years. I realized that my diet was still too heavy on carbs, including wheat and white sugar. I've been vegan for 6 years but now I'm trying to go gluten free and I've managed with the help of a nutritional supplement by Metagenics called Insinaise to almost entirely eliminate white sugar and replace that with stevia for when I need a sweetener. I noticed on usually day two of being gluten free that I feel great have stable moods, stable eating, andNo big cravings. I hope the gluten free thing plus turning to stevia for sweetener will really help. I also take probiotics and drink peppermint tea to help with bloating, which may be part of the problem for you so you may want to try this. As we age and depending on our what we eat, we can easily become bloated. Also check out the Dr. OZ web site for more info on this.