The Doctor read me stories...

Options
My son is really into How to Train Your Dragon. After checking out the rating for the books on commonsensemedia.org (awesome site), I downloaded the books...which are read by David Tennant. I let him listen and then downloaded two more, which we listened to on a road trip this week.

They are AMAZING! Not only are the books fun and NOTHING like the movie, which I found a little twee, but David Tennant is AMAZING at doing the voices. And I found myself feeling as if The Doctor was reading to me personally. I thought some of you ladies might appreciate it in the same way I did, and I really needed to share the awesome.

Replies

• Nimue108
    Nimue108 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Being that I LOVE David Tennant.....I may need to listen to those by myself, lol.
  • timetravelforfitness
    timetravelforfitness Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Yes. I've actually been having a difficult time not downloading them all right now so that he can read me to sleep. There are moments where I can just picture the face he's making doing certain voices and can't stop giggling.
  • ChrissyC1985
    ChrissyC1985 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    David Tennant has also read the "Hairy Maclary" books which I have had to good fortune to listen to several times. Now though, if I read one of those books to the children at work, it's always his voice i hear in my head as I read it. :smile:
  • QueenOSpades
    QueenOSpades Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Bump! I really need to download those :)