Replies

• m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    12 for 12 so far.... anyone else?
  • chelleb1974
    chelleb1974 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I did it!!! I rode to work this morning! 21 miles, 1hr45min of riding time (total 2hr 10min). It was fantastic! As I saw my building come into view I started laughing because I actually did it! :)

Going to try to do this once or twice a week.....weather and life permitting of course.

~Chelle
  • m1xm0d3
    Options
    I did it!!! I rode to work this morning! 21 miles, 1hr45min of riding time (total 2hr 10min). It was fantastic! As I saw my building come into view I started laughing because I actually did it! :)

Going to try to do this once or twice a week.....weather and life permitting of course.

~Chelle

So 21 miles is just one way?
  • chelleb1974
    Options

~Chelle

Yes. I very well might be a little crazy!
  • m1xm0d3
    Options

~Chelle

Yowza and Kudos! The ride I think I could do well enough. Getting up 2 hours early and WITH the motivation to do it? Not happening! lol

My round trip to work and back home is exactly 19 miles and it takes me about 65-70min.
  • Spatialized
    Spatialized Posts: 623 Member
    Options

99/117 for the year, does that count? :happy: Had a great streak going back to late April of 100% commuting until last week when my tire went bad on me. Took a couple of days (and a paycheck) to get back on the road. Start of another streak then.
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to everyone who rides to work. I tend to ride 2 days a week but would like to make that more like 3. Its just trying to fit it in with all the other stuff I do after work.

Keep on riding! Its better for us and for the earth!
  • m1xm0d3
    Options

99/117 for the year, does that count? :happy: Had a great streak going back to late April of 100% commuting until last week when my tire went bad on me. Took a couple of days (and a paycheck) to get back on the road. Start of another streak then.

Dang!

I struggled with motivational issues in the spring so I got started late this year but I am on a roll now (pun). Luckily mother nature has been in my corner so no rainy days so far.

Today is lucky # 13 for 13 !!!
  • vb4evr
    vb4evr Posts: 615 Member
    Options

Nice. Can't boast that, either the 12/12 or the 99/117. I'm around 3-5 days a eek right now, but will be biking every workday in July due to a major bridge leading in to our downtown core being closed. Will be quicker to cycle. lol
  • m1xm0d3
    Options
    :bigsmile:
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

~Chelle

Yowza and Kudos! The ride I think I could do well enough. Getting up 2 hours early and WITH the motivation to do it? Not happening! lol

My round trip to work and back home is exactly 19 miles and it takes me about 65-70min.

I'm impressed with 21miles one way too! Good job. :drinker:

I'm contemplating doing it once next week but borrowing my husband's CX biked (with road tires) instead of my mountain bike, but the one time I've used it before I ended up with a sore back either from a bad fit (we are the same height but I'm longer legged) or just from not being used to drop handle bars.
  • dapunks
    dapunks Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I don't bike to work but I am able to bike home. I carpool so the person I car pool with drives my car home. It would be about a 50 minute bike ride in and I just can't get motivated to do that. When I bike home I have 3 route options a 20 km, a 25 km and a 30 km. I usually ride at least twice a weeek.
  • Lard_Vader
    Lard_Vader Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I used to bike to work a lot more when I was in another building that had a shower. It's impossible to not ride and sweat here in the swamp. So I usually stick to commuting in the cooler months.
  • chelleb1974
    Options

~Chelle

Thanks to both of you! I was away for the weekend, and this is my first chance to respond. The motivation last week was just wanting to do it. We'll see what the motivation is in the coming weeks. I usually ride around home in the mornings before getting ready for work and am up at the same time as I was to ride to work, so getting up early isn't as hard as just getting up to ride.

~Chelle
  • m1xm0d3
    Options
    16 for 16. Supposed to hit 100 today so I'll be taking an early lunch for my 13 mile ride home to try to beat the brunt of the heat. This will be the true test of tolerance before going on vacation. I intend to take my bike down to FL with me. From doorstep to oceanfront is only 11 miles which I intend to ride to and from everyday.
  • m1xm0d3
    Options
    I got a flat 7 miles in and 2 miles from home. Push push push... did the r&r last night and was back on the road this morning. 17 for 17....
  • m1xm0d3
    Options
    19 for 19, four straight weeks. It would have been 20 but the office was closed on the 4th of July

Yesterday was my first 'wet ride' commuting back home but compared to the scorching heat, the cooler temps and rain was actually a relief.... I can't thank mother nature enough for the permissible riding weather these last 4 weeks... anyone else ride in this Friday?
  • m1xm0d3
    Options
    21 for 21... :bigsmile:

But holy hell did I feel weak this morning. Cal deficit is getting to me. This will give me an excuse to eat some carbs this morning for my lunch ride home.
  • m1xm0d3
    Options
    Well I did it. 23 days in a row I biked in to work without a day missed (Thanks mother nature!) I accumulated around 450 miles. Vacation starts tomorrow with a trip to Florida but the riding will continue down there as well as when I get back.
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    I don't bike to work but I am able to bike home. I carpool so the person I car pool with drives my car home. It would be about a 50 minute bike ride in and I just can't get motivated to do that. When I bike home I have 3 route options a 20 km, a 25 km and a 30 km. I usually ride at least twice a weeek.

Sometimes I ride the bus & bike. I called it "Buscycle" -- say real fast....busssscyle! lol

So your carpooling and bike? "Poolbike" say it real fast --- PoooolbiKE with that hard "K" sound lol

Good for you!!! Reducing your carbon footprint :flowerforyou: :bigsmile: