What's your exercise of choice?

Options

Replies

• ceemaw
    ceemaw Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    i was doing small group circuit training for a few months (just ended last week), with usually either the elliptical or treadmill for cardio on non-group days. now i'm trying out different classes (just went to my first zumba class this week with hilarious results) for cardio, strength training, and toning. i'm trying to keep challenging myself hoping to see results! i'm also 2/3 of the way through neila rey's 30 days of change program, which has been awesome and requires no equipment: http://neilarey.com/programs/30-days-of-change.html
  • Roxie2b
    Roxie2b Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I love my zumba class and the people in it. It really helps to have an environment of others that push you just when you need it. My boot camp class is awesome. I think my teacher dreams of ways to torture our bodies but it works. So, kudos to both.
  • ginalovefire
    Options
    I do a 40 minute walk every day with my beautiful Amstaff. She needs an aggressive walk so I really motor. Also, I LOVE LOVE LOVE Tai chi! I just started it about 3 months ago and I am just blown away by it.

I see a lot of people doing Zumba---there's a class here in town, I've been thinking that I might throw that into the mix a couple times a week. Looks like fun, and I am a dance nut!
  • Catwoman1037
    Catwoman1037 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I definitely have to do something different every time I exercise. I like Zumba, kickboxing, circuit training, walking, weight lifting, pilates, yoga and dancing.
  • Sivangj
    Sivangj Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Walk or hike with my dog. Walks can be betwin 30 min til hours.
    I just love dance, all kind more or less, try to get some oriental done once a week, then now and then go swingdance, salsa or linedance. Zumba might go into that dance term.... + Do a little yoga each day.
  • dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Running is my exercise of choice. All you need is a good pair of running shoes, comfortable clothes and good music to run to.
  • melissaw78
    melissaw78 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    This year it has been helping my daughters practice their high school sports, dance and softball.

Otherwise, I walk and do free weights, bodyweight exercises and low impact cardio.
  • ItsRobyn66
    ItsRobyn66 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Lifting my glass of wine. Seriously (really it is wine but that's not considered exercise so...), (1) elliptical--lots of good stuff going on and not a lot of hurting. At 47, that's important and a close second is (2) weight machines. My gym has these funky machines that move with you to reduce strain. Love em!

~ Robyn
  • hollynono
    hollynono Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I just bought the T25 program - it´s really challenging (though doable) and only 25 minutes long. I also recently had a swim Coach as personal Trainer in the pool, For two week we went over good techniques of the different swim strokes so that I can swim as a workout.
  • hollywrigh
    Options
    SO and I ride our bikes daily taking the dog with us so he can get into shape as well. Well one fine sunday morning, we went a bit too far for the dog and our usual 1hr ride took close to 2hrs having to stop many times tto let the dog rest. I let dog rest a few days and then started walking him instead...we do a mile walk every morning and then SO and I resume our evening bike ride. Can tell you this, I would rather bike ride than walk anyday!! LOL
  • superkarynfragilistic
    Options
    I love HIIT but I'm finding that my knees do not love it. I recently found some "Dance Walk" and other low impact videos on youtube that have been good at kicking up my heart rate while still being gentle on my knees. :)
  • MaureensFreshStart
    MaureensFreshStart Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hands down, my newest favorite (I've only been a few times so far) is Sky Robics, an intense fitness class held at Sky Zone, an indoor trampoline park - so much fun!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8HTbbNTJqA
  • Sarahwell66
    Sarahwell66 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I like to walk outdoors, or I use the elliptical machine. Low impact.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    I do 30 min on the elliptical pretty much every day, and weightlifting every other day.
    I've recently started doing intervals on the elliptical - 30 second sprint every 2 minutes.
    Would love to get my bicycle in good working order again, or have a pool to do laps.
    I live near a big lake, but sometimes the water isn't safe due to bacteria, and I can't afford a pool pass to the county parks. :(
  • kimble77
    Options
    i do like to walk - I was looking last night, I think I am going to try some weight lifting and get some of the bigger muscles working. Also, I am starting aqua fit tonight - so my preference may change over the next little while:)
  • NoMoreTwizzlers
    NoMoreTwizzlers Posts: 49 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Hello everyone! My favorite right now is HIIT Workouts. I design my own including using the elliptical trainer, weight training & body weight exercises (burpees, lunges, crunches, etc.) I like being very physical and trying new exercises. I also use a Timex heart rate monitor and watch to count my calories. I love seeing those calories add up. I try not to get bored and keep my body guessing too, also I do Zumba and take weekly walk/runs. You can check out what I do daily & my workouts at getonwithitnow.tumblr.com
  • NoMoreTwizzlers
    NoMoreTwizzlers Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    TansieEye wrote: »
    I am a roller dancer. It's like ballroom but on skates. I skate 5 days a week, usually 2-3 hours.

Wow, I haven't skated in years. How many calories do you burn in a typical hour skating? I might try that again.
  • mjohnson1twenty
    mjohnson1twenty Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    walking is my main choice of exercise but i also do other things that catch my attention.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    MKEgal wrote:
    I do 30 min on the elliptical pretty much every day, and weightlifting every other day.
    I've changed things a bit since then...
    Still do the elliptical some. I'd worked up to doing an hour, recently am back down to 30-45 min.
    But what I'm doing more of now is the treadmill. I mostly do hills, about 50% intensity for 60-90 minutes.

And NSV yesterday: I jogged!!!
    The treadmill has a setting that allows me to choose 2 speeds, so I can do speed intervals.
    Set the lower one for a brisk walk and the higher one for a slow jog, then did 30 sec jogging and 90 sec walking. Did 40 min of that last night! :smiley::sweat_smile:

I've always been so heavy that running was something I avoided unless someone was in danger. Didn't want to bounce, didn't want the wear on my leg joints. But I tried it last night & it was OK. So I'll do it again today.

51637601.png
  • slralbert2015
    slralbert2015 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    wow, really great ideas! i'm just getting back into eating healthy and exercising. Bought "Your Shape" for XBox to just get started, and a FitBit to track walking.