Favorite short/"Easy-ish" Hikes in Greater Seattle Area?

Options
Just moved here for the summer and the physical beauty of the area is just staggering. As I am very out of shape, I was wondering if anyone had suggestions on easier/shorter hikes so I can explore nature on my free weekends.

Bonus points:

* Fairly isolated trails/areas
* dog friendly trails(I have one very small dog)
* Places where you are not confined to trails but allowed to wander meadows/open areas

Thanks!

Replies

• shannonin
    shannonin Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm sort of new to the outdoorsy-hiking type activity myself, but I've heard great things about the Red Town Trail and Cougar Mountain Trails. I'm curious to see what answers you get from some more avid hikers, I'd like to get out more this summer.
  • whatsallthisthen
    whatsallthisthen Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Oh that sounds great. Maybe we could go together sometime! I know roughly zero people in town and while I do enjoy a good solitary hike, companionship is occasionally nice too :)
  • cec2162
    cec2162 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I love Cougar Mountain! I live in Renton and just recently started doing the trails on Cougar Mountain, there are really so many!
  • BBruhn
    BBruhn Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am so late in responding to this but I'm going to anyway. My favorite "first" hike is Wallace Falls on Highway 2. It's fairly easy to find and the trail is beautiful, even if you don't make it to the top. Another great one is just past North Bend on I-90 called Rattlesnake Ridge. Another one that is gorgeous even if you don't make it to the top. If you go to the Washington Trails Association web site, you'll find lots more. Happy hiking!