90 day belly dance challenge

Options
missdaisy79
missdaisy79 Posts: 566 Member
I heard about this today for the first time ever. The idea is to belly dance for at least 5 minutes a day, for 90 days consecutively. Anyone else doing this or heard about it?

Replies

• valheid
    valheid Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I have done a couple of 30 days belly dance challenges on Facebook, but had not seen a 90 day one before. I would certainly be up for it.
  • aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Count me in. I need to up my game anyways. Just 5 minutes? that sounds reasonable
  • Izanami66
    Izanami66 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I could be into something like that! What would be a good start date?
  • missdaisy79
    missdaisy79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I guess it depends if you want a specific date to finish by, or if you just want to get started on it.

If we just want to get started, how about next Monday 14 July? That way we would be finishing on 11 October.

I don't know how people do challenge groups and stuff - maybe we should just post in this topic, or start a new one when we begin. We could tell each other what we had danced to music-wise, and maybe a bit about what we did i.e. shimmied like a crazy woman for 2 minutes, did some sloow slinky moves with the arms for 30 seconds, then hit the fast moves again for the rest of the track... Pics optional.
  • aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    " I love this plan. I'm excited to be a part of it. Let's do it" oops wrong group for the geeky type post. Oh well too late. I think i'm more likely to follow through with this if I have someone to yell at me (yep that's permission) for I don't post enough. an idea for tracking might be create a google doc or a group calendar that is shareable to all in this group and we get to mark off what we did. I don't know I'm making this up. We could also create a facebook group for this challenge as well.

ETA here is where I believe this idea stemmed from (good blog as well)

http://bellydanceatanysize.com/90-day-belly-dance-challenge/
  • PrincessTinyheart
    PrincessTinyheart Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I'm totally on board with this . I need an excuse to practice more!
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    I like this:)
  • Izanami66
    Izanami66 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    July 14th sounds like a great start date!! I'm in! Let me know how you all want to proceed. :drinker:
  • valheid
    valheid Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    July 14 works for me.
  • lentigogirl
    lentigogirl Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I'm going to try to double it as my personal challenge.
  • Janice2Shakira
    Options
    " I love this plan. I'm excited to be a part of it. Let's do it"

I see what you did there...

In for the 14th :-)
  • PennyVonDread
    PennyVonDread Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Does it have to be belly dance specifically? I'm more of a fusion dancer, so my style includes elements of all my training, not just belly dance. Belly dance has heavy influence because it feels like a natural default flow, but I'm very far from purist.

I think I'm in if this can include all dance practice.

Also, do zils count? <_< Drum circle on Sundays. Drills with zils.