Day 24, July 9, 2014

Options
Cybaby1
Cybaby1 Posts: 201 Member
Hey everyone! We are doing great! I don't know about you all, but I am feeling so much better. My body is loving and hating me at the same time..lol I find myself going even further in my activities as my fitness improves. However, I'm taking it step by step. I don't want to hurt myself. I started the squats challenge, but had to stop it after the first day because I had some issues with my previously injured knee. I realized that I needed to lose some more weight before doing the squats. I tabled it for now, but I will move towards that challenge in the near future. Keep it up! We can do it! Keep moving.

Replies

• catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Totally agree with you Cybaby1 ! Just keep moving in whatever shape or form it is!! I had (still have??) knee issues and those are not to be messed with! But since I have started to move more with this walk/jog thing I am doing...the knee issue seems to have gone away...for the moment anyway! I guess we just build up to it eventually. Guess this means when I go home from vacation..I still have to 'move it'!!! Well the temp outside is sitting at 66 F now....guess I will get out and walk while it is still nice out!!! Wishing you all a great day.....just keeping moving....whether it is walking, running, dancing, weeding, gardening, cleaning/vaccuming, lifting weights, etc....move it and lose it!! Yeah!!! We are heading for a healthier 'us'!!!!
  • Tatyanne
    Tatyanne Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Today I Woke up really happy - 30 DS here I go...and....no water at home...:grumble: :explode: :angry: :mad:

I had to cancel the morning exercise or no one would work :ohwell: around me today LOL :bigsmile:
  • catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Ohhh no water?? No shower?? = no exercise!!! Sounds like a plan!!

I just got back from a walk/jog for about 65 minutes...even stopped at the local supermarket (opens at 5am) to get some low fat Greek Yogurt so I would not be tempted at stopping at the NY Bagel place!!! So after the walk...feellng great! The weather held out and so did I!! I am working up to the c25k....I think I will be able to do it!! This forum is keeping me movin'!!! Have a healthy day folks!! Keep moving!!! WE can do this!!
  • Tatyanne
    Tatyanne Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Ohhh no water?? No shower?? = no exercise!!! Sounds like a plan!!

I should have done "No water = No shower, but I exercised = Working from home" LOLOL :bigsmile:
    I just got back from a walk/jog for about 65 minutes...even stopped at the local supermarket (opens at 5am) to get some low fat Greek Yogurt so I would not be tempted at stopping at the NY Bagel place!!! (...)

Great choices in the am :flowerforyou:
  • pinkyslippers
    pinkyslippers Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm so sorry for going AWOL for a few days, work has just been crazy (excuses, excuses!). Hope you are all doing OK. Today was P90X3 Decelerator DVD - I felt really weak and struggled to get through it, but I did it! As Cybaby says, we just have to build up our strength and fitness gradually. Take care everyone xo
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    in for 30 min weeding.... skipped yesterday
  • ceemaw
    ceemaw Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    hi! i fell back asleep after my kids got up and missed my gym window of opportunity today... instead i took the dogs for a nice walk, did my squats/planks/pushups, and have been jogging in place at my standing desk a lot today to get my steps in. :) great job, everyone - we're getting off our butts every day!
  • ceemaw
    ceemaw Posts: 306 Member
    Options

I should have done "No water = No shower, but I exercised = Working from home" LOLOL :bigsmile:

agreed! :) i work from home every day and my coworkers are none the wiser if i show up to a meeting before showering ;)
  • Cybaby1
    Options
    I missed my morning workout, but I am definitely looking forward to this evening. It's too hot in sunny Oklahoma to exercise or go for a walk in the daytime.
  • MaureenGerette
    Options
    My husband and I have been working on losing weight for a few months and doing well. I consider myself chunky (about a size 12 on a 5'4" frame) and my husband has high blood pressure and about 40 pounds overweight. I have a pretty physical job but my weight loss had stalled at about 15 pounds down. Grrrr.

I just returned from 2 weeks in CA visiting my sisters with whom I hiked and swam with almost every day. It really inspired me. I checked my community website and found a woman of like physical attributes looking for an activity partner.... I emailed her.

So, I got home Saturday night, re-organized my home on Sunday, and Monday I put a tennis racket in my husband's hand and said "let's go!"
    Monday we played for an hour then Tuesday I met my new partner and played for an hour while my husband walked. Tonight my husband and I walked five miles at a brisk pace... it took 55 minutes. When I got home I found this website to help me track my activity. My goal is to do an hour of extra activity at least 5 days a week.

Thanks for being here to hold me accountable!
  • rlstepp29
    rlstepp29 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Greetings All,

I had to get on the treadmill today, I would much rather go outdoors, but I overslept. I did 80 minutes on the treadmill running and walking. It was a good workout.
  • Cybaby1
    Options
    Great job!!! Welcome to our site!!!!
  • Cybaby1
    Options
    Just went on a brisk walk with the family.
  • Cybaby1
    Options
    Welcome back!
  • MaureenGerette
    Options
    Played tennis for an hour tonight. It was HOT and humid. I had to have seated off a few pounds!