How often do you all weigh?

Options
Before I got pregnant with my first, I only weighed about once a month. After having several weight gain jumps (I kind of wonder if it was all of the extra ice cream!!) that freaked me out during my second tri with her, I decided to weigh every day to keep an eye on things. Now I know ladies who only weigh in at the doctor's office, but I just don't think I could. In my case, a little too much indulgence (not that all is bad of course) will result in an unnecessary gain, so I guess the scale keeps me accountable. (It really helped through my second pregnancy.) So, what about you all? How often do you weigh?

I'm new on this group by the way, so add me if you'd like. :)

Replies

• janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I'm weighing once a week at the moment - just to keep tracks on how much I am gaining. I'm 18 weeks and have gained about 8lbs so not worrying about it too much but I like to keep track.

And friend request sent - I'm relatively new to the group expecting my first in December - when are you due?
  • beautyforashes0890
    beautyforashes0890 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm due in February! :)
  • Erindolly
    Erindolly Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have only been getting weighed at the doctors office up until this point, but I've gained 16lbs in the last 9 weeks--and I am almost 30 weeks along. After my last weigh in earlier this week, I've decided to start weighing myself once a week just to try and keep an eye on my weight. I am +26lbs total, so I am on track for at least a 35 or so lb weight gain. Little peanut is measuring on track, so the doctor isn't worried and suggested I may be retaining water due to the heat. In addition to weighing myself weekly, I am trying to make sure I drink more water so my body doesn't hold on to any extra. I just want to make sure I am not eating too much because I want her to stay healthy.
  • ramalem
    ramalem Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a week at home. I'm 21 weeks and have gained about 12 lbs so far.
  • MariahMichaels
    MariahMichaels Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a week, so far I've gained 2.5 lbs. I'm 8 weeks and due in February.
  • mrsomeara
    mrsomeara Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I was a daily weigher (pre regnancy and currently) but decided this morning that I am going to back off a little and try to weigh in once a week. Its going to be a hard adjustment but I think its best for me. I have become too obsessed with the scale. I am struggling watching the number go up and then seeing my non pregnant friends lose weight. I know its silly and I should just focus on growing this healthy little boy. I have also stopped wearing my HR monitor so I am not so focused on my calorie burn. Instead I am going to continue to log my food, make healthier food choices and continue to workout 4-6 times a week.
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,812 Member
    Options
    weekly now. Im gaining weight faster then Id like so now im trying to watch my diet and calories again, I quit after I found out I was pregnant, but im gaining too quicklly in my opinion, doctor sass its normal, im not convinced, my oldest I gained the most, now im 22 weeks and only 5lbs form the weight i was the day I had my oldest, so back to weighing weekly and counting calories
  • meggwyn
    meggwyn Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Weekly or every other week. I always gain a lot while pregnant and its hard for me, mentally and emotionally, when I'm focused on gaining less. Its just too disappointing and disheartening and really sucks a lot of my joy out of the pregnancy. So, I'm still doing it just to keep tabs and so that I'm not too shocked at the doctors (lol), but infrequently enough that I don't think about it much at all! :)
  • papagal212
    papagal212 Posts: 93
    Options
    wow I wouldn't be able to weigh in just once a week. LOL. I am a daily weigher. I don't stress on the numbers too much. I have weighed daily for the past 3 yrs and its helped me stay on track. Im just about 15weeks now and as of today gained 6lbs
  • papagal212
    papagal212 Posts: 93
    Options
    oh btw- feel free to add me. I'm due beginning of Jan :)
  • craudi
    craudi Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I try not to stress about it either. I don't even have a regular schedule for weighing. If I feel like I've been indulging a lot (which is pretty much all the time, because I see to just eat a bunch of crap now...just less at a time!) then I'll weigh the next morning or so. I'd say that it balances out to about once a week, but like I said, I'm not too worried about it. Our bodies are doing CRAZY things that we have no control over. So I do what I can by eating as healthily as I can (ha) and definitely walking as much as possible on lunch breaks and weekends. As long as the weight is not skyrocketing and my doctor doesn't seem concerned when I go in for my appointments, then I'm not too worried about it either. For a while I was really concerned about gestational diabetes since diabetes runs in my family and I know I'm sensitive to carbs as it is, but I've tried to relax since a LOT of people get diagnosed with GD that then have no blood sugar issues. I know what to do if I have high blood sugar readings, even when I'm growing a baby (first time mom here though). I think the most important thing is to not stress about the number...because there could be SO many factors coming into play that we can't do a THING about! :) Just keep loving baby and yourself!

P.S. Just added you as a friend :)
  • joianett
    joianett Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    HI girl -

FIrst off - Congrats!

I only weigh and have only weighed at my visits. I am 37 weeks pregnant now so my appointments are weekly anyway. I contemplated buying a scale but I opted not to and to use my clothes as a measurement for how much I was gaining, which appeared to work for me as I am wearing my regular clothes still.
  • TheNewoImproved
    TheNewoImproved Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I keep weighing myself everyday.
    I know, I know, I need to stop it. I think once a week would probably be ideal.
  • kalyrra
    kalyrra Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I weigh in daily. I don't panic too much about the numbers, but if I see a massive jump between days then I step back and evaluate what was in my diet and whether it's too much sodium or if I need to adjust something. If I don't weigh in at least every other day, I pile on weight too quickly. It's the only way I've been able to keep myself accountable.
  • Love4fitnesslove4food2
    Love4fitnesslove4food2 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Only at the doctors office since the beginning of pregnancy. I don't like the thought of what or hot much I eat being affected by the number on the scale...I can gauge whether I'm doing well by being honest about my BEHAVIOR (what I'm eating and how active I've been). The scale can't tell me that. 37 weeks and up 27-28 pounds...so I'm looking at a perfectly healthy 30-32 pound weight gain.
  • JennypegMarie
    JennypegMarie Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Congratulations!

I'm 27 + 3 days in and have gained 10lbs so far.

It can get obsessive, I do feel like its out of my control a little bit but its healthy to gain during pregnancy, I only weigh once weekly.

I cant wait to get back to pre-pregnancy state but its going to be a long journey, I'm still logging my cals daily and tracking my weight gaining. I'm on approx 1600-1800 a day depending on how hungry I am that day. I never thought of water retention, I am looking slightly puffy - I must drink more water!.

My little guy is due October this year, excited, expectant mummy I am :)
  • redredfox
    redredfox Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I weighed myself once a week until about week 20. After that, I only got weighed at the doc.... at around week 30 I told them that I didn't want to know any more! I tried the fight the urge to weigh at week 34 and broke down and weighed myself at the gym (up 30 pounds). I now have only four weeks left and really just dont care at all. I am staying active and not counting calories; I may as well enjoy this last month =) There is NOTHING wrong with gaining weight, ladies! Remember, the recommendation for the average woman is 25-35. It's all about making a healthy baby.
  • Love4fitnesslove4food2
    Love4fitnesslove4food2 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I weighed myself once a week until about week 20. After that, I only got weighed at the doc.... at around week 30 I told them that I didn't want to know any more! I tried the fight the urge to weigh at week 34 and broke down and weighed myself at the gym (up 30 pounds). I now have only four weeks left and really just dont care at all. I am staying active and not counting calories; I may as well enjoy this last month =) There is NOTHING wrong with gaining weight, ladies! Remember, the recommendation for the average woman is 25-35. It's all about making a healthy baby.

Love this! I wish more women understood and lived by this instead of obsessing over every single ounce and depriving themselves (and often their babies) in order to gain as little as humanly possible.
  • juliet12321
    juliet12321 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Every day. It helps me stay accountable day to day with what I am eating.
  • lpettrey315
    Options
    I weigh myself daily just as I did before I got pregnant. I know it is not the best thing in the world to do but it helps me feel like I am at least a little bit in control of my weight gain. I know the gain is inevitable and I welcome it for the sake of my baby's health but, I also want to make sure I am not gaining too fast or am putting on weight unnecessarily by my eating habits; all I want to eat these days are carbs, carbs, and more carbs :)

I am 10w 4d and have gained 1.5 lbs. so far. Since I was a little overweight when I got pregnant (BMI 27) and don't have a lot of MS, I am happy with the amount of weight gained so far.