Introductions

Options
Hey there fellow cachers!! I am not new to MFP or to caching, but it just dawned on me today to see if there was a caching group on here lol!

My husband and I share a caching name (Rock Stoppers). We have been caching since June of 2007. We only have 673 finds, but we hibernate in the winter and until we recently moved into the city, we didn't do many cache and dash's. Now that we live in the city (Erie PA) we have started walking around town and caching! We still wont rack up the numbers fast because we prefer to walk rather drive and cache and dash, but I am sure we will gather more quicker than we were before. So tell me about all of you!

Anyway... YAY for caching and MFP!!! :)

Replies

• htmeadows
    htmeadows Posts: 29
    Options
    Ha! - I typed in "geocache" on a whim to see if there was a geocachers group here on MFP. To my surprise, it came back with this group. I've been on MFP for about a year and geocaching for about a year and a half.

My geocache name is "iowameadows" and we have found just 38 caches but LOVE it!

Thanks for starting this group!

-Howard
  • mariettakdavis
    mariettakdavis Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Yeah that's what happened with me..I just though...hmm maybe...

it makes sense there would be a geocaching group! It's so much fun and great exercise!
  • Cindy393
    Cindy393 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Soooo glad I found this group! My husband has been a cacher for several years and I just started in January. I'm HOOKED! We live in Ohio and to date I've found 114 caches. yesterday we cached at a reservoir and ended up walking 2.5 miles all the way around. So happy to have found this group! I'm beaglegirl50 on geocaching.com :)
  • BruffStuff
    BruffStuff Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello!! I go geocaching with my fiancé Wayne, feel free to stalk our geocaching profile 'NBWG'

By far the best thing we do together, fun, interesting, hours of walking in beautiful places .... which means calories get burnt off!!

We just did our first night cache this weekend, very spooky just following the reflective tags!

Hoping to reach 250 finds by summer!
  • trackercasey76
    trackercasey76 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    We Love GeoCaching and Go by the Name Fountain_Family Love the burn we get without feeling like we are working out!! Gets the kids active too!
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Hi! My husband and I have been geocaching for years, but we only seem to do it in spurts so we don't have a lot of "finds." But now that I have a smart phone and downloaded the geocaching app, we seem to do it a bit more. Easier to do it on the fly with that app!

My geocache name is "montana_girl."

I love the caches we have to hike to, but the quick caches around town can be a lot of fun to do in the evenings. We spent last Saturday night just finding ones around our house and managed to get a 4+ mile walk in too boot. :laugh:
  • MuirinArcher
    MuirinArcher Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Sindil and I'm new to the site. (Under Geocaching, I've been going for years. I'm Raquheln) I'm super excited and motivated and pumped. I recently got out of a horrible domestic situation and have started off on a new leg.
    I'm recently moved and already stocked up my fridge with healthies, bike to work, and am on the positive side of of having that horrible weight on my shoulders for the past year. I'm ready to get out and enjoy the weather and try to get myself back to where I need to be. I've never been worse than I am right now, and I want this to be the peak where I start to fall and go back down. I'd really love everyone to friend me and talk to me and whatever. I love being friends and want to help others as well!
    Can't wait to talk to you soon!
  • LucasEVille
    LucasEVille Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Hi all, saw this group on a search and thought I would join :) if anyone wants any support from a fellow cacher on their fitness journey feel free to add me. I'm from the UK and cache regularly with my partner.
  • IndyCacher
    Options
    Good morning, everyone! Long time cacher, first time poster. ;) I'm Rick in Indianapolis. My wife and I cache under the name of TeamPatchwork. Because of work, we get to travel a lot, and have cached over a good deal of the US from Kansas/Nebraska East to Pennsylvania, and North from Michigan down to Alabama/Georgia. Our favorite caches are in old cemeteries and historic sites. Glad there's a group here on MFP!
  • K9Beauty
    K9Beauty Posts: 6
    Options
    Newbie to Geocaching :) started on Friday and now I'm hooked. Go the name K-9Beauty. Only done a handful of micro finds so far. There are loads around me!
  • busyemm
    busyemm Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi.
    Fairly new to MFP but have been geocaching for just over 3 years. My geocache name is busyemm. I just used the same name and thought I'd see if there were any like minded people on MFP
  • guwisti
    guwisti Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Hello all! Joined MFP several years ago, lost a lot of weight. Took a break last year, gained it all back and so I'm back here again!

I am Guwisti on here and on geocaching. You can read a bit about me (and my mom) :D here http://blog.geocaching.com/2014/02/guwisti-and-mom-geocaching-through-the-fog-of-alzheimers/

Anyways, feel free to add me as a friend on here. :D I LOVE geocaching and love to talk all sorts of things geocaching.

btw, how do you all log your caching? I usually use the Hiking, cross country and then shorten the time a bit. Just curious how other folks log.

Happy Caching!
  • LucasEVille
    LucasEVille Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group :)