New Members

Options
Hello everyone, I'm Erick. In the process of joining the Marines. Started when I was done with college football, weighted in at 280. My shipping weight is 200, currently at 215 right now. I went to MEPS, now just waiting to be sworn in and I'm good to go to boot camp! Look forward to meeting you guys and girls. Stay Motivated!

Replies

• allday2
    allday2 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Good luck brah!!
  • ellie319
    ellie319 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    boot camp for the Corps was a lot of fun!
  • samcorvus
    samcorvus Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Hello,

My names Seth. Looking to join either the Corps. or the Navy. Need to lose about one hundred pounds.

S,
  • h2oguard
    Options
    My name is Amy and I'm looking to go active enlisted Navy and need to lose 15 lbs in about a month. HELP!
  • pooleebarbara
    pooleebarbara Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My name is Barbara and I'm looking to enlist in the United States Marine Corps. Right now I weigh 225lbs, and I need to get down to 173 to get to MEPS, and 169 for bootcamp. I'm looking to be able to do this by April of next year.

I've already begun my walk to 5k program, and have begun doing cardio. My goal is to be down to 215lb by my birthday (Nov 14) and 200 by New Years. I know this might seem like a lot, but once I start dropping weight, it usually goes quickly. Once I hit 180lbs, I plan on going to the weekly poolee meetings with the marines to finish dropping the weight and ensuring my PFT is able to be met.

I want to score either 1st or a high 2nd class on my PFT. My asvab score will most likely be around the 80-90 range, as it's still testing at the 92+ range.

Wish me luck!
  • FutureMASailor
    FutureMASailor Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! My name is Liz and I enlisted into the United States Navy. I am currently waiting to ship out so I suppose I'm not officially in the Navy being that I am a future sailor and not a Sailor.
  • pooleebarbara
    Options
    Hi, my name is Barbara and I'm a future Marine. I currently weigh 225lbs and need to get to 174lbs to swear in and then 169lbs to ship off to bootcamp. I've wanted to join my whole life, but didn't join in high school (got really addicted to my boyfriend and was all about him and making him happy... oh dumb high school love) and went off to college. Well, since getting my A.A.B in accounting and getting no job in that field and gaining almost 100lbs since high school I decided a few months ago that I was going to get serious about joining the United States Marine Corps. I started in at 256lbs. I've lost 30lbs and I only have 50lbs to go. I'm confident I can do it, just sometimes I lack motivation.

My father is probably one of the biggest motivators I have. He was a marine when I was young, and left the corps when I was about 4. I grew up hearing his stories and loving the Marines. In high school I took the asvab and planned on joining the corps, but my dad was adament about me joining the Navy (his daughter was not going to be a paid *kitten*). I rejected joining the Navy, and eventually just said whatever about the military. A few months ago when I brought it up to him I told him flat out that I was going to be a Marine, and nothing else. It seemed at that moment that everything he thought about female marines (to him in the 80's they were paid *kitten*...) was erased. He was excited. He wanted me to be the best. He asked, "Why?" and I responded, "Would you expect me to become anything less than a Marine? The best of the best, the few the proud?" He hugged me and has been my backer when times are rough. He's the reason I'm not 250lbs.

Since then I've been cutting my food intake and trying to workout often. I'm beginning a running program so I can cut more weight. It'll be hard with it getting cold, but I know I can do it at my gym on a treadmill.

Hoorah future military. Hoorah.
  • pooleebarbara
    Options
    Also, I am trying to host google hangouts for anyone interested about talking about losing weight to join, or just needs an accountability buddy. If you're interested, hit me up!
  • ConnieRoxx
    Options
    Hi! I want to join either the Army or the Air Force, and I have maybe 40lbs to lose... :-/
  • chase6string
    Options
    Hey guys, I'm Chase and I'm trying to enlist into the United States Marine Corps as well as some of you I've seen post here. I actually spent about 6 months in the Delayed Entry Program, and some of that being the top of the poolee platoon as far as physical endurance and physical discipline. I came in first a lot of the times, now I don't say that to be bragging. It actually sucked, because in the Marine Corps, you work as a team and you don't stop until your mission/assignment is complete, even if that means finishing first in a race and picking your pace right back up because you realize there are still recruits trailing way behind so you have to go back and run with them to motivate them. This is what I was stuck doing a lot of the time. Ha.

Anyways I went through an unfortunate chain of events that took a toll on my emotional being which eventually took a toll on my physical being. I went from weighing 170 lbs and running almost every day, to me currently (4 months later) at 223 lbs and trailing. I was scheduled to ship to boot camp on 13 February 2013. I recently got dropped from the Delayed Entry Program for the Marines, and now am trying to get back in. It is possible, I just have to lose this god forsaken weight again. My goal weight is 165 but I only have to be 182 (or something like that) to ship to boot camp.

If you can relate to any of this, add me, hit me up. I'm sure we could all use the motivation.

Oorah future Devil Dogs.
  • yreyes15
    yreyes15 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi, my name is Yajaira and I'm looking to enlist into the United States Marine Corps. I started at 219lbs and currently weigh 184lbs. My goal is 138lbs which still looks far but I'm not giving up.
  • iclark2012
    Options
    My name is Inga, and my fiance and I are set to enlist in the US Air Force this spring, with an intended ship out in mid summer (yes I know, Texas in July yuck). I need to lose about 12 pounds, and my fiance has about 20 pounds to lose. I have some serious training to do before I will feel fully air force ready.
  • Krysala
    Krysala Posts: 2
    Options
    Hey all:)

I'm Krysty, and I need to lose about 20 lbs before I can go to MEPS. I'm 18,and I've actually been trying to lose weight for a while, but need someone to keep me accountable or I slack off. :/ Don't see my parents enough to have them help with that, and grandparents aren't interested. Anyway, I'm looking to go into the Air Force soon, and I need to get down to about 140 lbs to be sent over, as well as getting stronger to pass through BMT. Anyone interested in helping me with that? Thanks:), and nice to meet everyone.
  • drsoulsaver
    Options
    Hello, everyone! Joined the group today. Former LT(JG) USNR Chaplain Corps (2005-2007), now looking to come back in the military, but in a different capacity. Currently, I am in the application process for the U.S. Army's WOFT (Warrant Officer Flight Training) program. Hopefully, I'll have my packet submitted by August 2014 for a board convening early September. I am training to lose weight for MEPS and need at least a 275 on the APFT. I've been training the past several months for various obstacle course challenges. So, at 32, I'm in pretty decent shape and it shouldn't be difficult to get to where I need to be, physically. My personal trainer has me on here and thought I look around. Good luck to those in the process of joining our armed forces.
  • AFRecruit2014
    Options
    Hey guys, don't know if anyone is still active in this group, but just wanted to introduce myself. My names Zack and I'm looking to enlist in the USAF. I have a long way to go but with a support group of people with similar interests, it won't feel that long.
  • maburrell92
    Options
    Hey guys, don't know if anyone is still active in this group, but just wanted to introduce myself. My names Zack and I'm looking to enlist in the USAF. I have a long way to go but with a support group of people with similar interests, it won't feel that long.

We should get this thread going on! I'm thinking joining either the Navy or Air Force after law school as a JAG. I'll add you!
  • WayToGoJenN
    WayToGoJenN Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey! My name is Jennifer or Jenn. I wanted to join the Army but with the recent change in the tattoo policy I am not qualified due to the placement of my tattoo. Boo. So I have a big decision to make regarding Navy or Air Force. I agree let's get this thread moving again!