Nutrition: Rest Day, what do you do?

Options
ashleearoha
ashleearoha Posts: 165 Member
So I stick to a pretty rigorous meal plan on my crossfit days, I have a plan for morning WODs and evening WODs.

Just wondering how you guys eat on rest days? I stick to the same things but I change out my pre workout meal for something thats not carby and high in protein. Interested to see what others do :)

Replies

• lemonshredding
    lemonshredding Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I wish I was able to plan my nutrition better on Rest days, I actually find myself RAVENOUS! Unexplicably hungry - maybe its because I am repairing? But all the advice I've read agrees to keep up protein and fats and limit carbs more slightly :)
  • ashleearoha
    ashleearoha Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I wish I was able to plan my nutrition better on Rest days, I actually find myself RAVENOUS! Unexplicably hungry - maybe its because I am repairing? But all the advice I've read agrees to keep up protein and fats and limit carbs more slightly :)

Thanks for replying haha. I find rest days harder then normal to stick to my meal plan. Probably because I am bored haha.
  • _Resolve_
    _Resolve_ Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    The only thing I change up is how much I eat and I don't have a protein shake that day.
  • anett87
    anett87 Posts: 2
    Options
    I cut down on Carbs and up the fat.
    Like 60gr Carbs, 80gr Fat, 220gr Protein
    I eat only vegetables and berrys for my carbs, no legumes or wheat at all.
    That keeps me repleted.

(i am cutting atm).
  • Inkratlet
    Inkratlet Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I eat the same, just stick under 1300 ish calories.