Purple Team

Options
adalton6
adalton6 Posts: 204 Member
Hey purple team my name is amber. I'm a 32 year old mom of 4. I've been trying to loose weight for the last 5 years. It been a roller coaster of loose then gain. But I'm motivated and looking forward to this challenge.

Replies

• bludflower
    bludflower Posts: 21
    Options
    Hi Amber. I'm Liz. I've been "trying" to lose weight for a very long time and just recently decided to work on making permanent lifestyle changes instead. I hope we all get closer to our goals, whatever the outcome of this challenge. ^_^
  • sbrock76
    sbrock76 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi Amber and Liz. I'm Stephanie. I've also tried to lose weight before and was actually successful (for awhile.) I'm back on the journey using MFP instead of WW and I've lost a little over 30 lbs in the last 5 months.

I wish everyone luck in the challenge and hope we can motivate each other! It's funny, the last Biggest Loser Challenge I did I was on the purple team too. Must be my color! :smile:
  • WordWhimsy
    WordWhimsy Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    HI Everyone! I'm Nicole, and I'm married, no kids, work full time, desk job (have a hard time getting my steps in during the day, but I do wear a fit bit)

I'm also trying to get through Jillian Michaels Body Revolution before I have a Caribbean Cruise in October! Yay for a hot vacation body :)

I also belong to a small group fitness studio where I take fun classes like Zumba, WERQ, Hoop Workout, Ballet Core, etc.

My problem is I love food! And my hubby loves to cook, which is both a blessing and a curse. :tongue:
  • mrsjbbeers
    Options
    Hey ladies! I'm Jacki, wife and stay at home mama to my sweet 5 month old daughter. I'm also a dietitian but not actively practicing since the baby came. I've got baby weight to lose and weight I had even before that. My husband and I usually eat horribly and aren't very active. I could blame it on his picky eating but its really not an excuse for letting myself eat that way too. I was just diagnosed with PCOS and treatment before medicine is to follow a low carb diet, exercise, and consequentially lose weight. I've been doing good with that so far but it is very different from how I used to it. Hubs is on board but trying to get rid of all the carbs in the house for me now. :) I'm excited for this challenge and to be doing it with you all! Good luck ladies, and eat well!
  • speciallisa
    speciallisa Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    My names Lisa. I'm 31 years old. I'm engadged to my partner of 5 1/2 years. It is a long distance relationship, we see each other every yearish. I live in UK and he is from Mauritius. He is hopefully coming next year to live in the Uk for good.
    I have been on loads of different plans such as, slimming world, weight watchers, rosemary connelly, lighter life and diet cherf. I had success a while ago and lost 3st on slimming world, but then I worked abroad for 3 years and each year put a stone back on, plus more since.
    I used to love watching the UK and American version of The Biggest Loser and I think this is such a lovely idea to keep us all focused and motovated to lose weight. ALSO DETERMINED FOR US PURPLE TEAM TO WIN!! bring it on!! :)
  • adalton6
    Options
    Nice meeting you all. I hope we can get to know one another better and support one another even after this challenge is over!.
  • DDHunnie
    DDHunnie Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Late post but hello everyone! You can call me Dee! Been with the bf 5 years, no kids, and I have a desk job. We are doing a health challenge at my company which involves walking and posting my daily steps! I try to walk at least 10K a day in addition to throwing a bit of strength training and cardio from home! Hopefully we kick butt and I look forward to working on this journey with each and every one of you! This will be a good motivation for me to continue to tone up and lose that jelly belly! :drinker:
  • adalton6
    Options
    So does anyone have a goal in mind for this challenge? It may be how many pounds you want to loose or drop a pant size?
    My goal is to loose a pant size I currently wear a size 18 and want to be in a 16 by the end of this.
  • WordWhimsy
    Options
    My goal for this challenge is to be back firmly in the mid 140s! I've been in the mid 150s for the past year or so. I feel best in the 130s, but that takes a LOT of hard work and exercise, and frankly, I don't know if I can maintain that and live a happy life.

I also have a pair of pants from Banana Republic that I like that are just a bit tight, ok REALLY tight, right now. I would like them to be loose and comfortable!:smile:
  • sbrock76
    Options
    Hey Ladies,
    Great to meet all of you! More info on me. I'm 37... in a relationship (for a little over 2 years), no kids, and also (unfortunately) work a sedentary desk job! I'm in the Washington DC area so I also sit in a ton of traffic....ugh...more sitting :) But those are excuses and I have been trying to up my activity level. I belong to a Jazzercise location and go 3-4X a week usually. I also just bought some adjustable dumbbells and need to find some good routines/exercises for strength training. I have downloaded a few from Fitness Blender.

Anyway...goals...I would like to lose 15 lbs over this 10 week challenge. I'm at 224 right now and that'll get me into the single digits of the 200s! And from an exercise perspective, I'd like to get in more strength training. Food perspective...eat less carbs. Not because they're bad, but because my daily diet is usually over 50% of them! :embarassed: At least if it's going to be that high I want it to be primarily from fruits and veggies.

Let's go Team Purple!
  • bryannakay
    bryannakay Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    HEEELLLOOOO Purple Team!!!!!

My name is Bryannkay and I am from Minnesota and currently live there!! I am getting married on July 26th which is only 15 days away!!!! AAHHHHHHH!!!! I'm sooooooo excited about it!!!! So, I will be missing one weigh in while I am gone on my honeymoon unless we can get internet service. But, in reality, I don't know if I will have a scale there to weigh myself anyway. We are going to St. Lucia so I am pumped!!!

Anyway, my goal is to get into the 160's and STAY there.....I usually get to 169 and then get excited and then creep back up...I am currently 179.2 lbs and was at 169 about 2 months ago. I don't know why I do it to myself but, one thing is for sure....I AM NOT CONSISTENT.....I work out and eat good for two or three days and then fall back into old habits.....and to be honest, I just use excuses for not working out....too busy, too much to do at school (I am a teacher), or I'm tired.....

Either way, this will be a great challenge to be involved in!! I am super competitive so GO PURPLE :)
  • LoveDanceSing
    LoveDanceSing Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Steph I'm 23 years old turning 24 on the 28th! Single, no kids, and I'm a part time barista. So my problem is not being lazy lol. I'd like to be firmly in size 16 pants by my birthday, I currently have 2 pairs of shorts that are 16s but they're a little tight. But over the full challenge I'd like to lose at least 15 more pounds then I'd actually be the weight on my drivers license! Lol
  • WordWhimsy
    Options
    So that we have some introductions and goals, what are we doing to get this done?

I'm going to start running again. Going to "restart" the Couch to 5K program, which is 3 days a week, running always works for me. I'm also going to do Jillian Michaels Body Revolution a couple days a week, and I also like to take a couple classes at a local fitness studio. I plan to exercise 5-6 days a week!
  • bryannakay
    bryannakay Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Great questions Word Whimsy......to be honest with you all, I have put the wedding planning before ANYTHING...I haven't been eating right, drinking right, or working out right.....so I am going to start with becoming consistent...that is what I need!! Here is my issue....once I get to starting school and coaching volleyball....I need to start becoming a morning person.....

Anyone else here workout in the morning?? Anyone that hated mornings in the past and now you get up everyday?? HELP! Tell me your secrets!!!!
  • WordWhimsy
    Options
    bryannakay- I totally get needing to be a morning person. That is when I need to get my workouts done, or they just don't get done!

Maybe we can be virtual morning workout partners? We can start with just trying to get 2 mornings a week, to sort of ease into it?

This week, let's just try to get one morning a week. So we can pick Thursday or Friday to get a morning workout in, then we have to post what we did, we can even complain a little. Let's DO THIS!!!!
  • sbrock76
    Options
    WordWhimsy- I like this idea! I will try for 2 mornings a week (1 this week.) I'm going to be out of town to the beach Fri afternoon through next Tues evening so I really want to get a workout in tomorrow morning!
  • WordWhimsy
    Options
    So I worked out last night, then felt super lazy this morning. I guess tomorrow is the MORNING WORKOUT DAY!!!! YAY!!

I have a treadmill in my basement, no excuses, tomorrow is the day!!!
  • sbrock76
    Options
    I didn't do it this morning either...now I'm kicking myself! I'm jealous you have a treadmill. I have to do a workout video (that's not too loud for my neighbors) or walk outside. My Jazzercise location doesn't have a class until 8am and then getting ready and commuting wouldn't get me to work until 11am-ish...that's a bit late...even for me! :laugh:
  • WordWhimsy
    Options
    Oh super bummer, went to bed too late last night, and no workout this morning! I guess next week is a new week. We can do this.

Also I gained this week. Well the beginning weigh in was a bit of a fluke, because I had been making shakes for two meals a week last week.

Last week, 153.6 - this week 155.8, up 2.2, sorry team! I will do better!
  • speciallisa
    speciallisa Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Lost 4lb this week xx