I found a nice app for other nerds like me

Options

Replies

• jim180155
    jim180155 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I added you two. Feel free to send me a battle request. (Kidding, sort of. You'd be better off battling other newbies.)

I've been trying to pick a fight with the random option. At noon I deleted a handful of duds that never responded and added ten new requests. Three have responded (and died) so far. That's not great, but it's a better result than the last time.
  • DianeinCA
    DianeinCA Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Man, I really have to figure out this battle thing. Must have the wrong weapon or something.
  • adowling80
    adowling80 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Well this looks like good nerdy fun! I'm adowling, feel free to add me.
  • davetheperson
    davetheperson Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    This is right up my alley. If anyone wants to add me, my character name is the same as on here.

It kind of reminds me of the Inn of the Legend of the Green Dragon.
  • inneedofanap
    inneedofanap Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! If you see me, add me! Inneedofanap.
  • pcweirdness
    Options
    Count me in and old D & D and WOW player from way back....character name Drizzit
  • jim180155
    Options
    Man, I really have to figure out this battle thing. Must have the wrong weapon or something.
    e

Diane, I sent you a battle request. I didn't do it to pick on you, but to give you a little more visibility on how you stack up in a fight. We're both at level 11. If you accept the request, I'll give you my stats when it's over, including the weapons/ armor used. If you'd rather not fight, that's okay too.

Oh, and if you do accept, be sure to write down your stats before hand so you can compare with the results afterward.
  • jim180155
    Options
    A couple hours ago I had a strange battle result. One of my random battle requests went to a level 13 Dream Weaver. (I'm a level 11 Shadow Elf.) I don't know how it happened, but she apparently accepted my request and the results show that we battled four times instead of just once as it should have been. I lost three of the battles with her and won once. You'd think that would be bad for me, but I didn't lose anything. Instead I gained 20k+ experience (XP) points and a few hundred gold coins.
  • DianeinCA
    Options
    You can't redo quests? Uh, that's going to be a problem if I don't start winning fights soon, if quests are the only way to get gold.
  • DianeinCA
    Options
    Jim: I have to heal before fighting again, but as soon as I'm good to go I'll hit the button. Here are my stats right now:

Str: 126, Vit: 123, End: 86, Dex: 70

Weapon: broadsword
    Armor: hard leather armor
    Accessories: chain gloves, plated boots.
  • jim180155
    Options
    Diane, the quests are supposed to reset after a week. I thought I was going to get some of mine back today, but no. Maybe tomorrow.

Try swapping your broadsword out for two one-handed weapons, something that will bring up your dexterity and endurance.

If studded leather armor is available, upgrade to that.

I was afraid to mess with the bosses for a while, then gave it a try. As long as you stick to the easy ones (those with one or two stars), it is a quick way to pick up big piles of gold.

It doesn't always work. I just leveled up, so my XP points are low. In spite of that I tried taking on a 3 star, level 11 boss. He kicked my butt.
  • DianeinCA
    Options
    Liking all of this. Thanks. I will give it a try.
  • jim180155
    Options
    Dave, sorry. I guess I should have quit pressing the button, but it looked like nothing was happening. The game is telling me that you still want to fight. But my win/loss stats show that I beat you 11 times. I hope you're still alive.
  • Jdoster06
    Jdoster06 Posts: 55
    Options
    Jim is the man at this!!!
  • davetheperson
    davetheperson Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    JIm, I don't know, I don't see anything on my end. The app seems like it still needs some work. I got credited for some quests three times. I also have some quests that I didn't complete stuckv in my active quests. To be honest though, I haven't really taken the time to read the FAQ for the app, I' ve just messed around with it a few times.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    I have had some problems also, but I assume it is because the app is still in development. For what works, it is still fun.

Here are the problems I have had:
    -I started a quest the other day to walk 1,000 steps right now (1 hour). At the half hour point, I had way more than 1,000 steps, so I tried to update Fitbit and then end the qwest. Fitbit updated (other, day-long quests showed new step counts), but this quest showed 0 still AND showed that there was no time left. That was about 38 hours ago, and it still shows the same, and is listed as an active quest.
    -Fitbit updates are a bit spotty and infrequest... sometimes you have to force updates.
    -There is a big lag when moving amongst screens. It seems to take forever to refresh each screen.
    -Purchasing items time lag also prevents purchasing because the data itself is all wrong also (so it isn't just a screen refresh).
  • jonathandavid_t
    jonathandavid_t Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Anyone figured out how to remove an item (armour) and replace it with another one? (iOS)
  • Jdoster06
    Jdoster06 Posts: 55
    Options
    Anyone figured out how to remove an item (armour) and replace it with another one? (iOS)

Yeah on the character screen, click the x next to the item u want to unequip
  • Rogue_Girl
    Rogue_Girl Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    This is awesome! Feel free to add me - name is Blitzkrieg Betty :)

One of the best handles ever!
  • jim180155
    Options
    Is anybody else having trouble with the app? It won't load for me. The trouble started last night. I tried deleting and reloading the app. After several tries it finally came back, only to hang up again. I deleted once more and haven't been able to bring it back since.