sleeve date july 11 2014 . woohoo

Options
Finaly got the date. I am extremly excited and scared at the Same time:)

Replies

• Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Try to go to a post surgery support group. That is a great way to allay fears by getting all the additional info you need from people who have been thru the procedure.
  • reese_gomez
    reese_gomez Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Congratulations...mangopickle is right...support groups will help you get rid of your fears, beacuse it has lots of people like you, probably asking the same questions you have. Just to know that you are not alone is a big help. I ahd mine done in Jan 2014 and I don't regret it. Send me a private message if you want to talk about it or if you have any questions, I might be able to help.
    I wish you the best of luck in your journey
  • gahrahstah
    gahrahstah Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Congrats. I too just got my date, July 15, so just a few days after you. I'm a bit scared too, but I am SO ready to do this. I am just tired of being the way I am. All the best for a speedy recovery.
  • esmicorazon
    Options
    Ty all for the replys and going to support group did help very much. But as the day gets closer i still getting more scared ..i start the liver shrink diet tomorow an i dont want to mess up... Oooo.i gues i.Just need to stay focused on the good that can come from this surgery...a healthier me for myself and my babies..
  • Mangopickle
    Options
    take lots of photos now so you can enjoy looking back. i shredded almost every photo of me obese prior to surgery
  • BigBaby4Lyfe
    Options
    It's so funny you should say that. I went in today for my pre-op and they insisted on taking pics...
  • kalilioness
    kalilioness Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    congratulations!!!! I had my sleeve done on 11/12/13 and have lost 73 pounds. It is really awesome and my bloodwork is amazing! If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask!!!!
  • kalilioness
    kalilioness Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    No te apures Corazon! You will do very well! There is a page on Facebook that is called Bariatric Friendly which is a great support and place to gather information. There is also Bariatric Foodie which has a lot of great recipes and suggestions. ! Good luck!!!!
  • sdkelly2252
    Options
    I have mine done on July 28th, I start OPTIFAST SHAKES tomorrow. You are right Scared and excited at the same time. Good Luck
  • Mangopickle
    Options
    It's so funny you should say that. I went in today for my pre-op and they insisted on taking pics...
    i have got to bring some to my support group, everyone else has their pre surg snaps except me. I do have a few . i used to hide from the camera and photos of me would often "mysteriously" disappear :)
  • Christina_722
    Christina_722 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I was sleeved on June 2. I have lost 48 lbs so far!!! Its scary and exciting to start the journey, but it is sooo worth it!
  • Alybags
    Alybags Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi how did you manage to lose so much weight after such a short time? I was sleeved on 12 July and only lost about 5lbs and nothing in last week. I feel I have wasted my money on this surgery
  • staceystump
    Options
    My surgery date is sometime in NOvember. Please keep me posted on your journey. I am really nervous. I had the lapband, but after having a baby, it has become ineffective (which is a major issue with the band according to my doc), and I have gained so much weight back. I am really nervous about the procedure and complications with the sleeve too. Thanks!
  • Mangopickle
    Options
    Hi how did you manage to lose so much weight after such a short time? I was sleeved on 12 July and only lost about 5lbs and nothing in last week. I feel I have wasted my money on this surgery
    Some people lose fast some slow. Are you weighing and measuring your food? I stalled rapidly because I was going way over my calories by grazing all day long on yogurt. When I went to 3 meals a day and one snack measured. 650-700calories month 1, 750- 850 month 2, 900-1100 til maintenance. No drinking with the meal and only eating for 30 min I began losing. Don't get frustrated, some peoples bodies really resist the first month. I have seen many people who lost less than 10 lbs the first month but stuck with the plan lose well over 100 lbs in 1 year