Team Navy........ here is our thread.

Options
nursemickey
nursemickey Posts: 52 Member
Hi everyone. I'm not the TL BUT I want to get to know my teammates. I'm Joy and I haves 2 kids 9 and 7. I lost down to 157 4 years ago when I left my husband, we got back together 6 months later and I gained it all back. I then lost down to 175 .....5lbs from my short term goal weight. THEN winter came and like a hibernating bear, I gained it back. I stay right about 186lb and want to be 170lbs before winter.

Replies

• FlatTummyTrish
    FlatTummyTrish Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hi Joy I can see you're a yo-yo'er just like me! My weight hasn't budged for years so I'm aiming small. From what I can see, not everyone has actually recorded their starting weight but I hope we do well as a group. Team Navy! :)
  • kagome84
    kagome84 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Jamie and I'm 29 years old! I live in Ohio with my husband and two Welsh Corgies. I used to be a steady 145, but then I went to graduate school while I was working (on 3 separate occasions) and I found myself always eating out since I was never home. I've lost about 20 pounds so far, but I've gotten stuck in the 160's. I'm hoping I can break into the 150's with this challenge.
  • FlatTummyTrish
    FlatTummyTrish Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hi Kagome84 I can see you're our team leader nice to meet you! :)
    I have no idea what everyone else's plan is but I strongly recommend this site http://neilarey.com/workouts.html it has tons of workouts, I do 'Dailyburn' every day and it is h.a.r.d! I think the key to sticking to a healthy routine is consistency and making it a habit :)
  • kagome84
    Options
    Welcome to day three! I hope everyone is doing well and sticking to your guns! There's a step challenge posted on the main page if anyone wants a little extra competition on the side.

Exercising quote of the day:

"It never gets easier. You just get better."

Good Luck today!

**Thanks Pat for the workout site. I love all the different routines!
  • Shauntan
    Shauntan Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello everyone. My name is Shaunta'. I live in Killeen, Texas. I want to lose about 5 more pounds. I was stuck for awhile and have been working to figure out what my body needs to get my metabolism moving again. I am a Jazzercise Instructor. I tried to spin today but with no luck. My goal this week is to make it to at least one spin class. I did at least walk today. Wishing everyone a wonderful week.
  • LittleMint1
    LittleMint1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Lisa and I'm in Massachusetts. I've always done well with workouts, grew up playing hockey in the midwest and became a runner in college. In fact I just ran this past Boston Marathon! :)

I'm hoping to kick start this weightloss thing... again... I gained some weight back after an injury sidelined my running, but I'm back to running and back to lifting.

My true struggles lie with food.. currently I'm studying for the Bar Exam and I'm a SNACKER! I want to eat everything in sight while hitting the books.. and since I'm currently hitting the books about 4-10 hours a day ON TOP of my full time job... I'm a stressball snacking machine. Not good. So I'm here to get things going in the right direction again!
  • nursemickey
    Options
    I just switched back to how myfitnesspal does your calories. OMG it is only 1220 calories! My BMR is more than that when I figure it up by scoobys method. I'll roll with it and see how it goes!
  • kagome84
    Options
    Hi everyone! It's been exactly one week since we started the challenge! Four more weeks to go!

***Please make sure you weigh in today!!! *** If anyone is still having trouble posting to the google doc., let me know and I'd be happy to put any info in for you!

So far I see that everyone's numbers are going down and everyone is burning lots of calories :happy: Keep up the good work!
  • nursemickey
    Options
    OMG OMG I forgot to log my wt :( Not that its good but ugh!
  • kagome84
    Options
    HI all! Sorry I couldn't post this past week, I was on vacation and my phone doesn't have the community section! Glad to see that everyone did well though!

Congratulations to Patmuffintop! Most weight lost of anyone in the challenge for the week! Awesome job!!!

Keep shedding the pounds everyone!