5k Results Thread?

Options
ZenInTexas
ZenInTexas Posts: 781 Member
How about a spot to put our race results? Can I go first? 22:48 3rd overall out of 750 women. Pretty pleased with that result as it was A. A night race B. 77 Degrees C. 80% humidity. This isn't technically a PR (or maybe it is) since my last 5k race measured short and there was some operator error on my garmin so I don't know my real time.

Replies

• fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    Awesome pace!! I think you will do quite well in your triathalons -- wouldn't be surprised to see you come in first :smile: And soon.
  • SecretAgent27
    SecretAgent27 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Not a 5K, but I ran my first 10K today in the Pearland (TX) Pear Run (I don't think we live very far from each other ZenInTexas). Finished in 54:56 which is faster than my first two 5K's combined. Beat my goal time by over a minute and a half.

3/29 - Bellaire Trolley Run 5K - 28:08
    4/27 - Run For Wellness Katy 5K - 27:11
    5/10 - Pearland Pear Run 10K - 54:56

Getting faster.
  • davemunger
    davemunger Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Not a 5K, but I ran my first 10K today in the Pearland (TX) Pear Run (I don't think we live very far from each other ZenInTexas). Finished in 54:56 which is faster than my first two 5K's combined. Beat my goal time by over a minute and a half.

3/29 - Bellaire Trolley Run 5K - 28:08
    4/27 - Run For Wellness Katy 5K - 27:11
    5/10 - Pearland Pear Run 10K - 54:56

Getting faster.

Wow, great job! And awesome idea for a thread, Jenn!
  • iwannabinnarnia
    iwannabinnarnia Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I ran the Flying Pig 5k in Cincinnati in just a bit over 42 minutes. A week before this one I did a trail run at Caeser's Creek and that was a 48 minute time. I'm working with a personal trainer right now to try to get myself to under 30 minutes. Next 5k is the Cheddar Challenge in June. My goal for that one will be 35 minutes or less.
  • SecretAgent27
    SecretAgent27 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Ran another 5K this morning (my 3rd) in 24:43. A 2 1/2 minute improvement over my last 5K five weeks ago.
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Ran a 21:15 5K today. Only my 2nd road course 5K ever. The first 5K was my first race ever (18 months ago) and that was 26:44.
  • lorierin22
    lorierin22 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I ran the Braves Country 5K Saturday morning. Not a PR thanks to Atlanta's hills, but I had not been running much so my last 2 5ks were dismal and this is getting closer to where I need to be. Finished in 30:02 and got to end on the warning track on Turner Field. Pretty cool! :)
  • _Josee_
    _Josee_ Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I managed a 3 seconds PR with an injured food yesterday. I finished in 22:57; not bad considering I ran my first 5K 1 year ago (June 22) on the same course in 29:42.

I won't be racing another 5K until my foot is 100% healthy. Hopefully I'll be able to hold the pace I started at yesterday :)
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    Disappointing 20:01 yesterday. This extra weight has got to go.
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    I ran the Braves Country 5K Saturday morning. Not a PR thanks to Atlanta's hills, but I had not been running much so my last 2 5ks were dismal and this is getting closer to where I need to be. Finished in 30:02 and got to end on the warning track on Turner Field. Pretty cool! :)

Great job! I was there taking photos for the track club.
  • iwannabinnarnia
    Options
    I'm embarrassed to post my results from the Cheddar Challenge on the 14th... here's my excuses first... it was a 'trail run'.. so very uneven surface, lots of ruts, holes, and corn cobs.. the course was narrow so very hard to pass others...finished it in 48:55... *sigh*.. maybe I don't belong on this thread with all you speed demons.... :embarassed:
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    I'm embarrassed to post my results from the Cheddar Challenge on the 14th... here's my excuses first... it was a 'trail run'.. so very uneven surface, lots of ruts, holes, and corn cobs.. the course was narrow so very hard to pass others...finished it in 48:55... *sigh*.. maybe I don't belong on this thread with all you speed demons.... :embarassed:

Good job! Trail runs are tough and should not be compared to any road courses.

We all had to start somewhere. Just keep running and you'll get faster.
  • iwannabinnarnia
    Options
    Results from my Donut Dash 5k on Saturday: 44:33..though I am 'deducting' at least 2 minutes off that time cause we stopped so my friend could eat a donut at mile 2. Out of 76 females running I was 35th place.. and 5th place in my age group (there was just 9 females in my age group though :embarassed: )
  • iwannabinnarnia
    Options

Good job! Trail runs are tough and should not be compared to any road courses.

We all had to start somewhere. Just keep running and you'll get faster.

Thank you Carson...
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I am definitely a LOT slower than most of you! I ran a 5K on Friday - my first 5K of the season - and to my pleasant surprise got a PR. My prior PR was 35:24 from a race last August. I've run a lot of miles since then (trained for and ran my first half marathon in June) but hoped to finish in a comparable time since this route has a lot of hills. Finished in 32:27! Ran the 3rd mile, with the biggest hill, in 10:03 (10:48, 10:44, 10:03, final tenth @ 8:30 pace).
  • iwannabinnarnia
    Options
    Ran a 5k today for the Wounded Warrior Project. Finished in 43:03. Then was humbled and greatly moved when one of the Wounded Warriors in attendance put the finisher medal around my neck and thanked me. All I did was walk/jog a measly 5k.. while this warrior almost sacrificed his life to give me the freedom to run that 5k! Today's finisher medal will ALWAYS be my favorite and most special medal...
  • lockeddoor
    lockeddoor Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Ran a 5k today for the Wounded Warrior Project. Finished in 43:03. Then was humbled and greatly moved when one of the Wounded Warriors in attendance put the finisher medal around my neck and thanked me. All I did was walk/jog a measly 5k.. while this warrior almost sacrificed his life to give me the freedom to run that 5k! Today's finisher medal will ALWAYS be my favorite and most special medal...

That's AWESOME! :heart:
  • lockeddoor
    lockeddoor Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    My most recent 5K was for 4th of July, and it was a hot, humid race on trail and road (the second half was road though, with zero shade. I wish we could have run the route in reverse!). It was a smaller race, about 550 people, but there were a lot of the local elites there (two different running clubs were battling it out, and that was their final race to determine who "won" LOL). My 25:42 was definitely not that great in comparison (though it was amazing for me! PR!), so I placed 204th overall, which I think is my worst overall placement ever, so I"m going to blame the two large running clubs whose members almost all ran sub-20 minute 5Ks! even their older members kicked my butt! I give them a lot of props, they TRAIN, and it was kind of cool to see these people bust their butts to outdo each other! Well, I didn't get to really see it per se, as I was too busy eating their dust LOL! But I got 13th for my age group, which is a much smaller number than 204, so I'll just go with that one. (Okay, fine, there weren't that many women in my age group. Ssssshhhhhh....)
  • steff274
    steff274 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Hey am new to running got massively into it through the parkrun 5k series my last run was 24.56 I managed to do it a smidge faster in my running groups chase event round the same course in 24.37 last run was still a parkrun PB though so was happy with that
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    Did a 5k last weekend and was hoping to go under 25 minutes (I've managed it once or twice before). I ran really well, but was a smidge off pace, however the course ran about 400-500 metres long so I came in at 27:45 which was demoralising and irritating!