Pill Challenged.

Options
Hi all, for some reason no matter what i do I fail to keep up with my pills after a week. I have dozens of apps on my phone to remind me when to take them, but sometimes its like eeh, or i dont have water nearby due to finishing it off and say to myself I'll take it later and end up totally forgetting. Anyone here who is like this or was like this?

Replies

• louisekerry86
    Options
    meeeeee! haha so many times I have started taking something and then just gone...eh...and kept forgetting. Even now I have an alarm set on my phone to remind me and I turn it off going 'I'll take them in a minute' and end up taking them 2-4 hours later.

My advice would be to make it part of one of your routines. I take 3 met pills, 2 magnesium and 1 bcp every night before bed. So I start getting ready for bed, bathroom, brush teeth, drink of water, make it part of that routine. If you have to take some in the morning, make it something you do when you have your first drink of the day. I don't really have any advice for if you have to take any during the day because I'm hopeless at that :P

You'll get used to it soon enough :)
  • deltamom9913
    Options
    I had a hard time taking BC pills at the beginning. I set a really annoying alarm to remind me every day. It became part of my routine. Like Louise said, making it part of your daily routine. Are you a coffee person? Put it next to your coffee maker so you remember. Sometimes it's the silly things that help us remember.
  • belixus
    belixus Posts: 8
    Options
    thank you ladies for your input :D!
    I am not big on coffee only when it is blended with caramel*drools*
    For some reason I got so use to my phone going off i ended up ignoring it. I don't really use my phone only to record data to MFP and decided that since I am on my phone for that I'll take it every time i am about to record what I eat. I'll try it out for a week and I'll let you all know how I am doing with it :)
  • ELizzyKD
    ELizzyKD Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I put my birth control in a week AM/PM pill box along with my other medicine. I take it when I take my other morning meds. I've been taking medicine every morning for other reasons besides PCOS for the past 7 or 8 years so it's part of my routine.
  • belixus
    belixus Posts: 8
    Options
    I had one of those too! but it sits there and mocks me. I decided to reuse it again and this time i got help from a friend. Since we play a game around certain times in the day, he would video chat with me to see me take it else we weren't going to play a game. Its working out so far for me I've been on metformin for the past 8 days now [4 days with his help.] He says if doing this will help me get where I want, dont think of it as a bother to him.