NSV!!!

Options
Thaeda
Thaeda Posts: 834 Member
I went to buy a few basic clothing items... tried on a pair of black capris.... 20 was HUGE.... 18 was still too big.... 16! I am wearing a 16!!! OMGEEEEEEEEE!!! I have not been in a 16 for at least 8 years!!! WOOHOOOOOOO!!!! I am thinking another 15 pounds or so and I won't have to shop in the "plus" side of the store anymore!!!

Replies

• garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome! Congrats!!
  • asia1967
    asia1967 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Congrats! What a great high!!! Good for you. :happy:
  • pattycakes726
    pattycakes726 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Congrats! Your hard work is paying off :)
  • ChelleDJM
    ChelleDJM Posts: 161
    Options
    YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • authorwriter
    authorwriter Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    that's amazing! Congratulations!
  • DJRonnieLINY
    DJRonnieLINY Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!
  • Thaeda
    Thaeda Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone!!! I am super excited!! It seems lik my body is the same for while and then all of a sudden, WHOOSH!!
  • ad1203
    ad1203 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    YES!!!! What an amazing feeling! Great job!
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I went to buy a few basic clothing items... tried on a pair of black capris.... 20 was HUGE.... 18 was still too big.... 16! I am wearing a 16!!! OMGEEEEEEEEE!!! I have not been in a 16 for at least 8 years!!! WOOHOOOOOOO!!!! I am thinking another 15 pounds or so and I won't have to shop in the "plus" side of the store anymore!!!

Awesome!! Congratulations!!!
  • amylb0822
    amylb0822 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I have been dating again....which is new to me because I was married for a bit. Also new is being the new smaller "me", down 146 pounds !

1. In movie theaters I am so much smaller in the seats now, and actually like fitting under a guys arm when he puts his arm around my shoulders.

2. I sat at one of those really tall tables at a restaurant and without fear of climbing up the chair and looking weird all perched up there. I even crossed my legs daintily at one point. For dessert my date came around and sat next to me on my side of the table and I didn't feel the need to be self conscious about taking up too much room.

3. I had a date over to go swimming. I didn't die of embarrassment being seen in my bathing suit, which is now a tankini. Also, my date picked me up in the water and held me in his arms a lot. at first I wriggled trying to get away self conscious as always of him feeling the true weight of me... then I realized he was easily picking me up... he wasn't dying or buckling under my weight... and he also could easily get his arms around me...

Skinny girls take these things for granted every day.... But to me, at the age of 50 these were all firsts
  • juliebccs
    juliebccs Posts: 233
    Options
    Such great NSV's. Your right, people without weight problems do take simple things in life for granted. I am trying to avoid going back to taking things for granted so that I don't forget the struggle I face not just daily but by the minute.
    We are having a huge clean out as my children have all left home and we have accumulated massive amounts of stuff. They all came around to help. I bagged at least one large bag of my clothes to go to the charity. But my biggest NSV for that day was throwing out my plane seatbelt extension. I obtained it on a flight several years ago and have carried it with me ever since for every flight to avoid the humiliation of asking for one each time. I fly dozens of times each year and it was a big deal for me to show the kids and with almost a burial ceremony, I placed it into the rubbish bag. I didn't put it to the side just in case as I might after other diets, I binned it and it was better than any other NSV I have had so far. Skinny folk take that one for granted,,,they will fit in the seatbelt. I didn't. I cannot wait to see how the seatbelt actually needs some tightening on my next flight.
  • relentless2121
    relentless2121 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Congratulations ladies on your NSV moments. They were both very inspiring and encouraging. :smile: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • hurricanelena
    hurricanelena Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Congratulations everyone! :happy:

I think someone said it best about doing things that smaller people take for granted everyday. I've been flying a lot recently and it still amazes me that I fit COMFORTABLY in a airplane seat and don't need an extender anymore. I even had a flirtation going on with a cute local guy in the DR and didn't think anything of the fact that I was in a bathing suit, the whole time and didn't feel like a beached whale.

Happy dance for everyone!
  • ad1203
    ad1203 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome! Oh, what a feeling!!
  • amychantel
    amychantel Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    You might be surprised by what size you need next. I basically bought new pants twice. I went from 18 to 10 and then the next time I bought, I was in a size 6. :D
  • kellysuemclean
    kellysuemclean Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    First of all, Congratulations! What a great feeling!

Second, and please forgive me, but what does NSV mean?
  • murphyraven
    murphyraven Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Non Scale Victory.
  • kellysuemclean
    kellysuemclean Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • lucyw70
    lucyw70 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    What a great feeling! Congratulations!
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I have been dating again....which is new to me because I was married for a bit. Also new is being the new smaller "me", down 146 pounds !

1. In movie theaters I am so much smaller in the seats now, and actually like fitting under a guys arm when he puts his arm around my shoulders.

2. I sat at one of those really tall tables at a restaurant and without fear of climbing up the chair and looking weird all perched up there. I even crossed my legs daintily at one point. For dessert my date came around and sat next to me on my side of the table and I didn't feel the need to be self conscious about taking up too much room.

3. I had a date over to go swimming. I didn't die of embarrassment being seen in my bathing suit, which is now a tankini. Also, my date picked me up in the water and held me in his arms a lot. at first I wriggled trying to get away self conscious as always of him feeling the true weight of me... then I realized he was easily picking me up... he wasn't dying or buckling under my weight... and he also could easily get his arms around me...

Skinny girls take these things for granted every day.... But to me, at the age of 50 these were all firsts

This is lovely! I too can relate to the seats in the movies and the high top tables. I was so happy when my husband pointed out one day that he can now get his arms all the way around me with room to spare! These things are priceless!