looking for sleeve buddies

Options
CMART9771
CMART9771 Posts: 2 Member
I will be having surgery at the end of month and looking for sleeve buddies?

Replies

• kellysuemclean
    kellysuemclean Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You've come to the right place! Congratulations on your decision to have the VSG! I am 4 weeks out and it has been such a great experience for me!
  • candacet36
    candacet36 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Congrats to both of you!!! I was sleeved September 12, 2013. At almost 10 months out I can honestly tell you this is THE VERY BEST THING I HAVE EVER DONE FOR MYSELF!!!

I am down 83 pounds and feeling fantastic! Love my sleeve.
  • kellysuemclean
    kellysuemclean Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thank you! My first goal is to lose 60 pounds because I have never lost that much before. I can't wait to say I've gone beyond that!
  • angelgirl74
    angelgirl74 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello...I am scheduled for my sleeve on August 7th. I just started my liquid diet this morning. Feeling a little hungry and a little light-headed. But drinking lots of water which helps. I cannot wait!!!
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I am 8 months out and my diary is open, feel free to look
  • Ujj7
    Ujj7 Posts: 51
    Options
    I had vsg on 5/29 and have lost 22 lb so far.
  • denis103
    denis103 Posts: 1
    Options
    I had my sleeve surgery on june 13,2014.I have lost 20 pounds so far.I am really tired still and was wondering if anyone else went through that?
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I had my sleeve surgery on june 13,2014.I have lost 20 pounds so far.I am really tired still and was wondering if anyone else went through that?

Oh yes, the first 5 months I fatigued easily. And forget about doing anything that required a lot of bending over, I kept trying to pass out. My blood pressure was so low and I was losing rapidly and it couldn't adjust fast enough. I still have to be careful if I squat for a long time- but hey, I can actually squat now!
  • garayjoh
    garayjoh Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I had mine on the 13th of May, and it is AWESOME! I am a new man and my marriage, and my family life has improved so incredibly. I love waking up and not feeling the weight come down on the sole of my feet. I am sure most of us know what I am talking about.
  • sweetpea97058
    Options
    Hello, My surgery date is Aug 5th. Just a few days away and I'm getting scared! I have a lap band that they are going to remove and then do the sleeve. Will be in the hospital for a couple of days afterwards.

Any advice?
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Hello, I had mine 3 years ago. Best thing I've ever done for myself!

Pat
  • ChaCha575
    ChaCha575 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi I am having my sleeve done on Aug 19 so lets be sleeve buddies and keep each other posted along the way!
  • ChaCha575
    ChaCha575 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi Sweetpea…I had the lap band in 2008 and had it removed 2012. It was a horrible experience. I hope you do well next week Ill keep you in my prayers. Keep us posted!! Good luck!!
  • sweetpea97058
    Options
    Thank you for the prayers, I can use all of them I can get! I am a bit frightened, but am excited at the same time. Unsure of how long it will take to get the band out and do the sleeve, but have faith in my medical team and hospital.

I would very much enjoy having you as a friend so we can share stories and encouragement.

My name is Susan
  • sweetpea97058
    Options
    I'm glad you are enjoying your sleeve, looks like you've lost a lot of weight -- good job! I'm having mine on Tuesday the 5th with an early morning check in.

Would very much like to visit with you and exchange encouragement, etc.

My name is Susan. Thanks!
  • michaeldevening
    michaeldevening Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    congrats to you all who have made the choice to have a better life via weight loss surgery. I was sleeved on Aug 28 2013, I dropped my first 100 pounds in the first 6 months but since then have been just bouncing around a 10 pound area. It is still the best thing i have ever done for myself. I still would like to be bouncing under 190 or lower (13 more pounds depending on the day) :smile: :smile:
  • NaturallyMichelle
    Options
    Hi gang!
    Michelle here (NaturallyMichelle) and I was Sleeved on 7/7. Am doing so well and I feel incredibly blessed. I welcome ANY friends on here who have been sleeved or plan to do it and I hang out on FB a lot on the gastric support group.
  • NaturallyMichelle
    Options
    praying for you ChaCha
  • NaturallyMichelle
    Options
    AngelGirl; how did your surgery go yesterday> Praying for you!
  • NaturallyMichelle
    Options
    Hi Cmart! I will be your buddy...Michelle