Hello..Happy Ex-Smoker Here.

Options
I just joined MFP today....to lose weight and get into shape. I quit smoking last year and gained 25 pounds but am still happier than I have been in a very long time. Quitting smoking was an awesome journey of self-discovery. I have learned so much about myself and others. I feel like I earned every single one of those 25 pounds but now it's time to move to the next healthy phase of my life. I started Atkins 2 weeks ago and it is going well. Now I am ready to add exercise to my healthy living menu. I will always be a nicotine addict so it is nice to know there are others here that understand the addiction.

Replies

• Kareemajr
    Kareemajr Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm a happy ex too....now to lose this weight!!!
  • LosetheSugar_Sugar
    Options
    I'm a happy ex too....now to lose this weight!!!

LET'S DO THIS!!!!!

We quit smoking, we can do ANYTHING!!!!!
  • LosetheSugar_Sugar
    Options
    It's been 4-12 years for me, and I am trying to lose weight too.

Let me warn you that you taste buds will come back to life after about 2 years. Food will start to taste good again, choose wisely with what food you do eat.

I found out the hard way that fast food is not the answer.

My taste buds perked up within the first month of quitting....everrything tasted better and I sure did make sure I "tasted" a lot of everything! LoL. I think I have passed the phase of overeating due to not smoking. I never have been a fan of fast food or soda....chocolate and sweets were/are my achilles heel. I have realized since I started the Atkins diet and cut out all sugar that natural foods have so much more flavor. I think all that sugar was masking the natural flavor of foods. For example, yesterday I had grape tomatoes with muenster cheese and it tasted incredible. The tomatoes tasted like candy to me....they were very sweet. And I physically feel so much better since I cut out all the carbs.