Burlington CoLoR rUn !!!!

Options
Peaceandwater
Peaceandwater Posts: 23 Member
Hi everybody,
I just signed up for the Burlington Color Run on Saturday, Sept. 13th. I'm not much of a runner so I was hoping the excitement of this type of 5K will motivate me to actually train. Anyone else signing up for this?

Also, and this question is for anyone, do you have any tips for beginning runners?

Replies

• trudywc2
    trudywc2 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I did the exact same thing. I signed up for the biggest loser run Sept, 6th in Vernon. Good Luck, sorry now tips a this will be my first one as well.
  • Peaceandwater
    Peaceandwater Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    A few years ago I printed out a plan called "Couch to 5K" which spelled out a plan for non-runners to complete a 5K in a couple of months. I never finished it, I think because I didn't have any plan to run a 5K. Now that I'm all signed up and paid for, I think I'll have some motivation.
  • trudywc2
    trudywc2 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    A few years ago I printed out a plan called "Couch to 5K" which spelled out a plan for non-runners to complete a 5K in a couple of months. I never finished it, I think because I didn't have any plan to run a 5K. Now that I'm all signed up and paid for, I think I'll have some motivation.

I have the C25k app on my phone. My plan is to build up my endurance/speed by walking every day in July, then trying the app for the month of August.

I am hoping to at least jog one mile, if I walk the rest I'm good with that (maybe..I am a bit competitive lol)