Shaka the Rottie Mix

Options
Peaceandwater
Peaceandwater Posts: 23 Member
Hello,
Introducing myself here.... I have a 5 year old Rottie mix named Shaka. She keeps me moving because she LOVES to hike and play fetch. (pics to come). I'm lucky that when we hike, I can let Shaka off-leash and she stays by my side.

Shaka recovered from surgery last year (completely torn ACL and meniscus). Her recovery was amazing and if you have a dog with a torn ACL, I'll answer any questions you have!

Replies

• Aynetal3
    Aynetal3 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi! Nice to read your introduction. My dogs in training now for being a service dog, so I haven't met him yet, but I couldn't be more excited and excited to be hanging around people with dogs. It's like my wildest dream we can communicate so well with the dog that he could stay with us off-leash too. Just one thing at a time. We hope to meet him in September :) We'll look forward to your posts.

Ann
  • Peaceandwater
    Peaceandwater Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm so excited for you to get your dog in September! They really do motivate you to get moving even when you don't feel like it, it's raining, etc.
  • Aswennu
    Aswennu Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Nice! How do you like having a Rotti? I have a four year old named Luci-fur. She is the sweetest, goofiest girl in the whole world. I love her completely. This is my first experience with a Rottweiler.

Also, hope Shaka is still doing well : )