Leslie Lines We'd Like To See Retired

Options
christchick7
christchick7 Posts: 533 Member
Do any of you have Leslie lines you'd like to see retired? You know, some things she's been saying since the Flintstones walked
the earth...the ones we can quote verbatim and predict when they're coming?

I have two...the one about the baseball catcher or shortstop being the correct stance for a sidestep, and the one about moving the
furniture. I have to admit though, I ROARED when she said, "I can just see somebody's china cabinet come crashing down!" That
gave me this visual that cracks me up to this day.

I'd LOVE to hear; what are your nominees?:laugh:

Replies

• texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    :laugh: These are my nominations:

My main one is the "juice in the joints" .... I had to work at making myself stop being irritated :grumble: about that when I first started walking. I'd talk back to the DVD and tell her it is called "synovial fluid" :noway: . I can tell it is coming whenever Leslie starts to touch her shoulder and I have to go into ignore mode :glasses: .

She really took me off guard the first time I heard her state that she doesn't like the muscle's name "gluteus maximus" because the name 'offends her' :huh: , so she declares that she will call it the back-end. And then follows up with "But honestly it is one of the most important muscle groups....."

So whenever I hear her say "back end" in other DVDs I end up recalling the above quote more often than not
    :laugh: :noway: :grumble: .

I want to retire "juice in the joints" and "back-end" :laugh:

Those are my two nominations :tongue:
  • nonacgp
    nonacgp Posts: 132
    Options
    You are all so funny and have helped me to not hate myself when I tell her to "shut the heck up!" I find her quite irritating but it is a love hate relationship. Her cackle- like laugh drives me nuts. And the bit about the posture is my selection for her to change the wording. Shoulders back and in line with your hips-tummy in. Thanks for this thread. It made me laugh out loud.
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,585 Member
    Options
    Sue, Mary and nonocpg,

Agree with all of your "favorite lines to lose", :smile: Especially the one of "shoulders in line with the hips, we don't do this - (leans waaaay back)" And though the 4 Mile Super Challenge is my favorite I hate when she is kicking to show us how not to lean back and says, "I've got to be careful and don't kick my LInda."

Way back in the early Walk Away the Pounds days, she used to say, "Don't forget to breath." That always made me laugh. I do know some people seem to do that, but I always thought that was something you would do when working with heavy weights not while doing cardio because if you are able to forget to breath you probably need a tougher workout IMHO.

And I also know how many bones we have - 206 bones and 650 muscles- thanks to Leslie.

And I know there's got to be a back story to the 3 Mile Weight Loss walks strangest statements: "Vance your sweating. I love your sweat Vance, Amen!" But that is just weird. Maybe Vance had a disease that kept him from sweating until he started doing Leslie dvds. Who knows? I still think that's just weird.

Of course having said all that, I still love her energy, her encouragement and her positivity.

Now if she would come out with some grand workout for us seasoned verterans with absolutely no instruction on how to do a side step and no anatomy lessons, just some good queing and good music it would outsell everything she's ever done, IMHO.

Good thread Sue.

Ann
  • AnnofB
    Options
    Oh I forgot the one thing that is too funny in the 4 Mile Super Challenge. When she marches back to stand by Carol and yells out "55 years old and 60 lbs down." The look on Carol's face is priceless. She sure wasn't expecting that to blasted out to the world.

She really is a hoot. A sweet hoot, though.

:smile:
  • christchick7
    Options
    Got another one...

In the 4 mile Super Challenge, Leslie says, "Everytime I kick I think of Cat!" But she says it SO FAST it sounds like, "Everytime I
    kick I kick a cat!" SO GLAD she only said it the one time. The animal rights probably gave her heck on that one.
  • nonacgp
    nonacgp Posts: 132
    Options
    Sue, Mary and nonocpg,

Agree with all of your "favorite lines to lose", :smile: Especially the one of "shoulders in line with the hips, we don't do this - (leans waaaay back)" And though the 4 Mile Super Challenge is my favorite I hate when she is kicking to show us how not to lean back and says, "I've got to be careful and don't kick my LInda."

Way back in the early Walk Away the Pounds days, she used to say, "Don't forget to breath." That always made me laugh. I do know some people seem to do that, but I always thought that was something you would do when working with heavy weights not while doing cardio because if you are able to forget to breath you probably need a tougher workout IMHO.

And I also know how many bones we have - 206 bones and 650 muscles- thanks to Leslie.

And I know there's got to be a back story to the 3 Mile Weight Loss walks strangest statements: "Vance your sweating. I love your sweat Vance, Amen!" But that is just weird. Maybe Vance had a disease that kept him from sweating until he started doing Leslie dvds. Who knows? I still think that's just weird.

Of course having said all that, I still love her energy, her encouragement and her positivity.

Now if she would come out with some grand workout for us seasoned verterans with absolutely no instruction on how to do a side step and no anatomy lessons, just some good queing and good music it would outsell everything she's ever done, IMHO.

Good thread Sue.

Ann

Amen Ann!! Vance's sweat comment is rather weird. :laugh: And yes, it would be nice if she made a new DVD with less instruction and better music. (and if she stopped cackling about "moving the furniture')
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    Sue, Mary and nonocpg,

Good thread Sue.

Ann

LMAO!!! "I love your sweat, Vance!" irks me so much. The 3 Mike Weight loss was my very first workout with Leslie and I would cringe every time I heard her say that. With that said....Vance is the very reason I tried her video. I watched it on Youtube and sat there and told myself that if Vance could do it I could too. It took me a week to be able to do I mile. I was hooked. I could hardly kick, walk and clap at the same time. I am much more coordinated now.
    I do adore Leslie and could not have gotten where I am without her and positive energy. She is the reason I get up early and walk every day.
  • VCanadapt
    VCanadapt Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I only have 1

"Back-End" ... UGH! I hate it when she says "I say Back-end, Cat...." That's the part of the workout when I zone out LOL
    other than that. I love, love, love her DVD's.

My husband on the other hand hates her laugh. If it's "Leslie" time and I'm working out in the family room, he's in another room. Poor guy... He likes the benefits of the workouts and encourages me to keep doing them just when he's not home :laugh:
  • spgebhart
    spgebhart Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Got another one...

In the 4 mile Super Challenge, Leslie says, "Everytime I kick I think of Cat!" But she says it SO FAST it sounds like, "Everytime I
    kick I kick a cat!" SO GLAD she only said it the one time. The animal rights probably gave her heck on that one.

HAHAHA I think I was on the 3rd time I used this video before I realized she was saying "I think of Cat" instead of "kick a cat" haha. I was like sheesh, Leslie, you don't have to be a cat person but don't kick them! :laugh:

I get a little tired of her Fran Drescher laugh, but I find most of the stuff she says pretty hilarious. Especially all the WOW!!s haha it makes me think of that doge meme. So walking. Much ENERGEEE. Many sisters in sweat. Such Hot Grandmas. WOW!
  • bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I do the 5 advanced miles and I hate it when she says Joanne and Linda in her whiney voice. I do love her workouts though so I zone out at that part.

hubby hates her voice but tolerates it if he is in the rook when I am working out.

she has helped me love 70 lbs and walk by butt off so I can tolerate her irritating remarks..
  • AnnofB
    Options
    Got another one...

:laugh: :laugh: I'd forgotten that one Sue! Too funny!
  • AnnofB
    Options
    Yet, we still love her, don't we? :laugh: :laugh: She is so positive and encouraging.

It's great to have some low impact workouts that are safe and effective.

And the husband factor: seems that the majority of them can't stand her laugh. The only time I really get annoyed is in the 3 Mile Weight Loss Walk during Mary Kay's (whom I think is a great leader) mile. And she constantly interrupts. Mary Kay cause, bless her, she just can't stop talking! :laugh: :laugh:
  • bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    my favorite is when she says we are half way through this mile, or you did it, you did another mile!
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    "Now you do not have to do a grapevine because It is the same as a double side step. Here, I'll be the one to show you! " UGH every darn time????? Every time she says the grapevine is next, I try to turn my ears off! This one definitely needs to be retired!
  • AnnofB
    Options
    "Now you do not have to do a grapevine because It is the same as a double side step. Here, I'll be the one to show you! " UGH every darn time????? Every time she says the grapevine is next, I try to turn my ears off! This one definitely needs to be retired!

LOL, I honestly think she just wanted a rest in the middle of Mary Kay's mile!
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    Now, be honest here dear walkers..... is the grape-vine YOUR "go-to move" at weddings :laugh: ???
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,866 Member
    Options
    Hahaha. I love this thread.

Texasgadnr, is the grapevine really not your go to move at weddings. Shame on you. I thought everyone did it lol. There was me, ha, no not really lol.

Ann, you crack me up with your wit and comments. Just too funny.

I don't have a comment I would like to bin because I am so used to ignoring OH, Leslie is easy :laugh: If there was one, it would be 'walk walk walk'. What does she think I am doing, just listening to the soundtrack :laugh:

Thanks for this thread. It made me laugh.
  • christchick7
    Options
    Hmmm...I wonder if there's anyway to pass this thread on to Leslie. Has she ever thought about retiring these lines? I especially LOVE the idea of her creating an advanced workout with minimal instruction and solid cueing. That was a phenomenal idea. I
    wish she would do it!!!